Somethings brewin'?

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#101 redstag88

redstag88

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

I just don't see the Wings making any more moves with the market the way it is. Parity has kept all but 3 or 4 teams on the "buyers" side of the market. The asking price for a forward will probably be inflated beyond what Kenny will want to part with.

#102 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

Has anyone heard anything lately about Iginla? His name doesn't seem to come up so much, now that Nash has taken center stage.

Not saying the Wings should trade for him, for fear of who would go to Calgary. But it would be neat to see a right handed shot like his on a line with Datsyuk.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#103 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

i have a feeling that holland is going to work on getting a sniper, but just no one we know of.

think first/second tier type, low place team.

parenteau
pominville
gagner
chimera
semin
grabovski
vanek

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#104 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Has anyone heard anything lately about Iginla? His name doesn't seem to come up so much, now that Nash has taken center stage.

Not saying the Wings should trade for him, for fear of who would go to Calgary. But it would be neat to see a right handed shot like his on a line with Datsyuk.

When they are battling for the 8th playoff spot with 3 other teams, I doubt they will give him up. Flames GM made it clear he was making a push this year.

#105 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

i have a feeling that holland is going to work on getting a sniper, but just no one we know of.

think first/second tier type, low place team.

parenteau
pominville
gagner
chimera
semin
grabovski
vanek

Pominville would be outstanding. Is he in play or are you speculating?
RIP #24

#106 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

Vanek would be unreal and with that addition we would win the cup this year. But we are not getting a top 6 . We will get a fourth liner **depth guy** mr holland likes talking about . And I'm not sure it's gonna be enough.

#107 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Heard today that Detroit is in talks with Buffalo involving Pominville, Roy, and/or Stafford. Nothing imminent.

#108 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Bob Duff has quoted Babcock as saying, we are only looking for depth.

Which means if the only reason you will pay attention to the deadline is the Wings... You would be happier if you didn't watch.

Heard today that Detroit is in talks with Buffalo involving Pominville, Roy, and/or Stafford. Nothing imminent.

Where did you hear this?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#109 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

I am thinking Robert Lang! Is he still lazy and suck? :lol:

How upset would you be if Lang, Sammy, andy Lebda were all reacquired Monday? I know Hollands house would be getting egged on Tuesday!
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#110 Probie

Probie

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hey Tim...

I would figure a top six right handed winger (with size) is one priority of the wings, a right handed dmen who could be used on the 1st or 2nd pp unit would be another. A good penalty killing winger with size would be nice) is also of interest.

Both Pominville and Stafford are right handed shots. I now Dman usually play on the point on the power play but are ether capable of doing such?

Buffalo were interested in Sheehan at the draft and where choked when he was picked before them. I'm curious if he might be part of a package?

Of all these players you mentioned, who would be most helpful in your opinion and who is more likely? Thanks bro.

Edited by Probie, 25 February 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#111 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

Great news.
RIP #24

#112 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

Wings won't be getting any of them. Cap hits are too high for too long.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#113 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

Ott or Gaustad would be good. The Wings could use a gritty fourth line center. While Abby can play that position, he has been better on the wing and either would be an upgrade over Emmerton.

#114 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

I'd like to see Sam Gagner or Selanne. Both would be also sweet.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#115 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

It wouldn't suprise me either way. I don't really expect to see the Wings do anything else but you never know. I really can't see them going after anything big right now. I think they'd rather see what Liddy is going to do and hit the UFA Market in July seeing as there seems to be a lot of big names up for grabs this off-season. Whether they do or don't I don't think I'd be shocked unless is was something big. Whatever they feel is best for the team I'm behind the Wings 100%!! Go Red Wings!!

#116 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

Bottom 6 is pretty much set, the lack of a real scoring Winger in the top 6 is becoming painfully clear.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#117 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

Bottom 6 is pretty much set, the lack of a real scoring Winger in the top 6 is becoming painfully clear.

This.
RIP #24

#118 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

Ott or Gaustad would be good. The Wings could use a gritty fourth line center. While Abby can play that position, he has been better on the wing and either would be an upgrade over Emmerton.

Dude, Matt Hussey would be an upgrade over Emmerton.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#119 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

The talk of the Sabres sounds good. If we could get Stafford/Pominville+Gaustad and not pay too crazy of a price, that'd be unreal. Very interesting going into monday.

#NOMOREKINDL

#120 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

Like it or not, this team needs an Ott. The league has decided guys running stars and playing on the edge is OK, and will hand out power-plays like candy. Might as well acknowledge reality and adapt.