• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GoalieManPat

Real Sports on Lokomotiv crash

Rate this topic

Does anyone watch the HBO series Real Sports? I just started watching it and this week they highlighted the Lokomotiv crash. Its just sickening to see how the KHL was handling player transport. They highlighted Rusty and also interviewed Barry Smith. Here is the trailer for the episode: Lokomotiv Crash

How sad. I knew there had been some speculation at first that Rusty might have not been on the plane due to having gone early, but it was not the case.

His poor widow. I feel so bad for her. All the best to her and the families of all who were lost.

I watched the whole thing. It was mentioned that Russia's 2nd tier air travel companies which most teams use is about 3% of the world air travel but accounts for 40% of the most recently major crashes. They interviewed a guy high up in the KHL. He says teams use "few dollars" to arrange best air travel possible. The interviewer called him out at how ridiculous it sounded where they pay players millions but yet only have a few extra dollars for travel. Barry Smith said there were trips where he could pick his seat up and move it around on the plane. They also interviewed a player (who was blacked out for anonymity) and he said they were told they would be flying on a new plane but it ended up being real old and beaten up that it even had the Russian players asking why they were on this plane.

I watched the whole thing. It was mentioned that Russia's 2nd tier air travel companies which most teams use is about 3% of the world air travel but accounts for 40% of the most recently major crashes. They interviewed a guy high up in the KHL. He says teams use "few dollars" to arrange best air travel possible. The interviewer called him out at how ridiculous it sounded where they pay players millions but yet only have a few extra dollars for travel. Barry Smith said there were trips where he could pick his seat up and move it around on the plane. They also interviewed a player (who was blacked out for anonymity) and he said they were told they would be flying on a new plane but it ended up being real old and beaten up that it even had the Russian players asking why they were on this plane.

Anywhere online to watch the whole thing?