• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

I looked through the teams that are out of the playoff race and this is the guy that I like the most that makes sense for the Wings. He plays a gritty game and he puts some numbers as well. He's the kind of guy I would want around for the playoff battles. The question is would the price be to high?
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#2 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

Hmm... Third round pick? Or a middling prospect and a late round pick?

Are you sure it isn't David Jones?

#3 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

Hmm... Third round pick? Or a middling prospect and a late round pick?

Are you sure it isn't David Jones?

No Ryan, I think it would cost a 2nd or one of our better prospects.

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...rs/bio/?id=4123

#4 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

Dustin Brown, Dustin Brown, Dustin Brown, Dustin Brown... :)
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#5 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

ryan jones? a useless plug who is inferior to helm or abdelkader?
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#6 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

ryan jones? a useless plug who is inferior to helm or abdelkader?

Well I dunno that he's inferior, just different. But he's definitely a plug-in sort of guy right now. He's not really the talented top six or shutdown centre with high-end face-off skill that we need.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#7 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

I would take Ryan Jones over Abdelkader any day of the week. He puts more pucks in the back of the net. A great PK guy. He even beat his ass the other week in a fight.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#8 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

I would take Ryan Jones over Abdelkader any day of the week. He puts more pucks in the back of the net. A great PK guy. He even beat his ass the other week in a fight.

I mean i dislike both of them but Jones is totally unnecessary for this team. He is a plug. I would much rather have Ott or Morrow, guys with actual talent and energy.

Edited by jollymania, 24 February 2012 - 01:07 AM.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#9 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

I mean i dislike both of them but Jones is totally unnecessary for this team. He is a plug. I would much rather have Ott or Morrow, guys with actual talent and energy.

Youre underrating Jones big time lol.

You would rather have someone with talent, thn list Steve Ott?

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#10 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:40 AM

I see Jones play from time to time and I think he's as good a player as Ott. Let's face it, Dallas is very unlikely to want to trade Ott being in the middle of the playoff race.

#11 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

I like his play, but he is not an upgrade IMO. Jones has two decent seasons, and (I believe) he has spent much of that time on the third line- he has played with Smyth this season. Jones was recently scratched for his play.
http://www.faceoff.c...8011/story.html

#12 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

ott has far more talent than jones, and far more of an energy factor.
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#13 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

ott has far more talent than jones, and far more of an energy factor.

Ott's numbers are a bit better than Jones over the last two years. I don't see Jones as just plug, other than Andelkader Detroit doesn't have guys up front that hit a lot. I think we need at least one more player like this to compete physically in the playoffs. If he were to play with Justin, I think they might be able to feed off each other.

#14 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Ott's numbers are a bit better than Jones over the last two years. I don't see Jones as just plug, other than Andelkader Detroit doesn't have guys up front that hit a lot. I think we need at least one more player like this to compete physically in the playoffs. If he were to play with Justin, I think they might be able to feed off each other.

ott is one of the best hitters in the league, far better than jones; jones has lit up kronwall this year, he has had like one decent hit all year; ott has to be at least top 5 in terms of numbers (just looked, he is #5), and some of them are really destructive.
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#15 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

No bottom 6 guys, you have: Eaves, Emmerton, Miller, Abs, Helm, Holmstrom, Mursak, Cleary on the healthy team competing for those 6 spots. They need a top six scoring winner, look at how the team has been since Dats had the surgery, offensively they have been terrible.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#16 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:13 AM

ott is one of the best hitters in the league, far better than jones; jones has lit up kronwall this year, he has had like one decent hit all year; ott has to be at least top 5 in terms of numbers (just looked, he is #5), and some of them are really destructive.

Ya he is but he's not available, i'm talking about guys that are actually attainable.

#17 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

Ya he is but he's not available, i'm talking about guys that are actually attainable.

i have heard that ott is available, at least a few days ago
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#18 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

IMO jones doesnt fit at the moment either, the only one I'd replace on the bottom 6 at this point would be Homer and thats not going to happen so. As far as Ott I don't know how I can change my complete dislike I have developed over the years this guy if he ends up a Wing...He may be good but NO THANKS

*EDIT: Ill try it too...Dustin Brown, Dustin Brown, Dustin Brown, Dustin Brown :thumbup:

Edited by 13dangledangle, 25 February 2012 - 11:56 AM.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#19 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:43 AM

IMO jones doesnt fit at the moment either, the only one I'd replace on the bottom 6 at this point would be Homer and thats not going to happen so. As far as Ott I don't know how I can change my complete dislike I have developed over the years this guy if he ends up a Wing...He may be good but NO THANKS

*EDIT: Ill try it too...Dustin Brown, Dustin Brown, Dustin Brown, Dustin Brown :thumbup:

I would insert Jones over Emmerton, Eaves and Mursak any day of the week. He puts up more points and adds more grit.

#20 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

There are multiple sources saying David Jones is a wings target.

One of them is an Eklund flunky. So grain o salt.

I would take him if he was cheap. I would rather have Tatar than Jones. That goes for almost everyone in our system.

If they could swing Jones for Emmerton, Jokaim and a second... I doubt they would do that...

Hate to say it, but I could see Kindl being a part of this. I would be okay with Emmerton and Kindl being shipped as well. I bet we will look worse for it, but it could help win a cup.

Although another big guy that doesn't use it, and is slow, and is streaky... Could doom the team. I am still hoping Plekanec is the guy tomorrow, or Brown, or Morrow, or one of the people from my long list of outside of the box additions.

Really, the options are improving... I just don't want to lose ANY of the top prospects we have. That includes Smith, Tatar, and pretty much everyone we drafted the last two years.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.