• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jaymister

Ryan Jones

Rate this topic

I looked through the teams that are out of the playoff race and this is the guy that I like the most that makes sense for the Wings. He plays a gritty game and he puts some numbers as well. He's the kind of guy I would want around for the playoff battles. The question is would the price be to high?

ryan jones? a useless plug who is inferior to helm or abdelkader?

Well I dunno that he's inferior, just different. But he's definitely a plug-in sort of guy right now. He's not really the talented top six or shutdown centre with high-end face-off skill that we need.

I would take Ryan Jones over Abdelkader any day of the week. He puts more pucks in the back of the net. A great PK guy. He even beat his ass the other week in a fight.

I mean i dislike both of them but Jones is totally unnecessary for this team. He is a plug. I would much rather have Ott or Morrow, guys with actual talent and energy.

Edited by jollymania

I mean i dislike both of them but Jones is totally unnecessary for this team. He is a plug. I would much rather have Ott or Morrow, guys with actual talent and energy.

Youre underrating Jones big time lol.

You would rather have someone with talent, thn list Steve Ott?

I would take Ryan Jones over Abdelkader any day of the week. He puts more pucks in the back of the net. A great PK guy. He even beat his ass the other week in a fight.

Youre underrating Jones big time lol.

You would rather have someone with talent, thn list Steve Ott?

I like his play, but he is not an upgrade IMO. Jones has two decent seasons, and (I believe) he has spent much of that time on the third line- he has played with Smyth this season. Jones was recently scratched for his play.

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/edmonton-oilers/Jones+happy+about+taking+seat+press/6188011/story.html

ott has far more talent than jones, and far more of an energy factor.

Ott's numbers are a bit better than Jones over the last two years. I don't see Jones as just plug, other than Andelkader Detroit doesn't have guys up front that hit a lot. I think we need at least one more player like this to compete physically in the playoffs. If he were to play with Justin, I think they might be able to feed off each other.

Ott's numbers are a bit better than Jones over the last two years. I don't see Jones as just plug, other than Andelkader Detroit doesn't have guys up front that hit a lot. I think we need at least one more player like this to compete physically in the playoffs. If he were to play with Justin, I think they might be able to feed off each other.

ott is one of the best hitters in the league, far better than jones; jones has lit up kronwall this year, he has had like one decent hit all year; ott has to be at least top 5 in terms of numbers (just looked, he is #5), and some of them are really destructive.

No bottom 6 guys, you have: Eaves, Emmerton, Miller, Abs, Helm, Holmstrom, Mursak, Cleary on the healthy team competing for those 6 spots. They need a top six scoring winner, look at how the team has been since Dats had the surgery, offensively they have been terrible.

ott is one of the best hitters in the league, far better than jones; jones has lit up kronwall this year, he has had like one decent hit all year; ott has to be at least top 5 in terms of numbers (just looked, he is #5), and some of them are really destructive.

Ya he is but he's not available, i'm talking about guys that are actually attainable.

IMO jones doesnt fit at the moment either, the only one I'd replace on the bottom 6 at this point would be Homer and thats not going to happen so. As far as Ott I don't know how I can change my complete dislike I have developed over the years this guy if he ends up a Wing...He may be good but NO THANKS

*EDIT: Ill try it too...Dustin Brown, Dustin Brown, Dustin Brown, Dustin Brown :thumbup:

Edited by 13dangledangle

IMO jones doesnt fit at the moment either, the only one I'd replace on the bottom 6 at this point would be Homer and thats not going to happen so. As far as Ott I don't know how I can change my complete dislike I have developed over the years this guy if he ends up a Wing...He may be good but NO THANKS

*EDIT: Ill try it too...Dustin Brown, Dustin Brown, Dustin Brown, Dustin Brown :thumbup:

I would insert Jones over Emmerton, Eaves and Mursak any day of the week. He puts up more points and adds more grit.

There are multiple sources saying David Jones is a wings target.

One of them is an Eklund flunky. So grain o salt.

I would take him if he was cheap. I would rather have Tatar than Jones. That goes for almost everyone in our system.

If they could swing Jones for Emmerton, Jokaim and a second... I doubt they would do that...

Hate to say it, but I could see Kindl being a part of this. I would be okay with Emmerton and Kindl being shipped as well. I bet we will look worse for it, but it could help win a cup.

Although another big guy that doesn't use it, and is slow, and is streaky... Could doom the team. I am still hoping Plekanec is the guy tomorrow, or Brown, or Morrow, or one of the people from my long list of outside of the box additions.

Really, the options are improving... I just don't want to lose ANY of the top prospects we have. That includes Smith, Tatar, and pretty much everyone we drafted the last two years.

I would take him if he was cheap. I would rather have Tatar than Jones. That goes for almost everyone in our system.

If they could swing Jones for Emmerton, Jokaim and a second... I doubt they would do that...

Hate to say it, but I could see Kindl being a part of this. I would be okay with Emmerton and Kindl being shipped as well. I bet we will look worse for it, but it could help win a cup.

Although another big guy that doesn't use it, and is slow, and is streaky... Could doom the team. I am still hoping Plekanec is the guy tomorrow, or Brown, or Morrow, or one of the people from my long list of outside of the box additions.

Really, the options are improving... I just don't want to lose ANY of the top prospects we have. That includes Smith, Tatar, and pretty much everyone we drafted the last two years.

jones is way better than tatar, but he has franzen syndrome i think, he woudl float more in our system, way more physical than franzen though.

David is a good player, but the avs are in the middle of a playoff push so i think it's unlikely.

David is a good player, but i don't see why the avs would trade one of their better scorers when their in the middle of a playoff race.

Edited by Jaymister