• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Carter to LA

Rate this topic

The Kings had been dangling Johnson for a while, but I'm still a little surprised at this trade.

They're having extreme offense problems, so they trade away their most talented offensive defenseman. He was a disaster with his decision-making at times, but he's only 25. I think they're really high on this Voynov kid and think they didn't need him.

As for Brown, I'd be surprised if they traded away their captain. That's a desperate move by Lombardi. He's a good energy player, can score, good hitter. The only thing I don't like is he dives. Honestly Kopitar should be the captain of that team. The Kings remain in need of true veteran leadership.

And aside from Ericsson's NTC that everyone conveniently ignores, they Kings are pretty damn set for Dmen.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Mike Richards and Jeff Carter together again!

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Guest Crymson

As for Brown, I'd be surprised if they traded away their captain. That's a desperate move by Lombardi. He's a good energy player, can score, good hitter. The only thing I don't like is he dives. Honestly Kopitar should be the captain of that team. The Kings remain in need of true veteran leadership.

Desperation may be the order of the day for Lombardi, because he'll very likely be fired if the Kings don't make it past the first round.

Not sure if that's a total dick move by Columbus or a remarkably considerate one toward the fans who may have recently purchased Carter's jersey.

I'm going to go with dick move.

Considering they announced it the day Carter was coming back to Columbus for the first time as a King, I think you picked the right one.

First announcing that Nash requested a trade, now treating a recently traded player this way. Stay classy Columbus. :thumbup:

Even if he was a flop there, it doesn't exactly send the best message about how you treat players.

As someone who wishes the best for CBJ if it doesnt come at the expense of the Wings I think that this was something that the fans needed. Nash is more than likely (assuming that this winning doesnt maintain itself until the end of the season) out come July, and Johnson was supposedly enthusiastic when he spoke to Howson for the first time, he was on the radio the other day and said he loved the atmosphere of positivity that was in the dressing room. He could very well be the new face of the Jackets.

I personally would love to see Nash get swung to us in the offseason if the price is right, but if he isn't I hope he stays because I think that Johnson could be the shot of positive energy that the city needs. Add in Johansen who could be a good player in another year or so, the first that they have coming, and if they can either re-focus Mason's mind or get a centerpiece goalie I think they have a chance to be decent and improve. Losing some of the higher-ups would help too and this team could be the next Pitt, Chi, etc. Lose, get can't miss firsts, stock up, and make us madder than hell when their fans come jumping on the newly built bandwagon.

Of course on the other hand I'm fine with them continuing to stink as long as they stay in Columbus, it means 3 times a year I get to see the Wings with good seats on the cheap.

I don't know how to embed a video from my iPhone but I thought u all might get a quick out of this haha....

This is pretty much exactly what I think these two dips***s are like. Good think LA traded away one of their two best defensemen to reunite these two idiots. Hope Carter's (only) two goals since the trade are the cure they've been waiting for all season.