• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

I know; despite what some fans thought, he was the answer to our PP woes, and a potential 50 goal scorer. I figured Kenny might not be interested, but I was hoping.

I didn't think that Kenny would want Carter to be honest.

#22 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

What's all this Dustin Brown talk? I would love to have him. Are there rumors of him being on the trade block?

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,959 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

Carter + Richards + Los Angeles =

Posted Image

Smart move LA. :thumbup:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

Hahaha. These pictures are awesome.
Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#25 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

What's all this Dustin Brown talk? I would love to have him. Are there rumors of him being on the trade block?

Yes. Rumors started flying right after this trade. LA is determined to fix their team NOW.
RIP #24

#26 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

Can't wait for the headlines when Carter or Richards inevitably get popped with a DUI in their (early) offseason.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#27 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:52 AM

I can't wait til Tuesday when trade rumor insanity ends.

Good signing by LA, i'm more confident in the chemistry over the foul play by the pair. I'd imagine Carter got all the drinking he needed out of his system playing for the Jackets for most of the season.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#28 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,152 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:24 AM

The Kings had been dangling Johnson for a while, but I'm still a little surprised at this trade.

They're having extreme offense problems, so they trade away their most talented offensive defenseman. He was a disaster with his decision-making at times, but he's only 25. I think they're really high on this Voynov kid and think they didn't need him.

As for Brown, I'd be surprised if they traded away their captain. That's a desperate move by Lombardi. He's a good energy player, can score, good hitter. The only thing I don't like is he dives. Honestly Kopitar should be the captain of that team. The Kings remain in need of true veteran leadership.

And aside from Ericsson's NTC that everyone conveniently ignores, they Kings are pretty damn set for Dmen.

#29 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

Mike Richards and Jeff Carter together again!

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 24 February 2012 - 10:50 AM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#30 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

Posted Image

Priceless :thumbup:
IPB Image

#31 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

f*** i wanted carter...

Ew...why?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#32 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

Posted Image

This buds for you!

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#33 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

As for Brown, I'd be surprised if they traded away their captain. That's a desperate move by Lombardi. He's a good energy player, can score, good hitter. The only thing I don't like is he dives. Honestly Kopitar should be the captain of that team. The Kings remain in need of true veteran leadership.

Desperation may be the order of the day for Lombardi, because he'll very likely be fired if the Kings don't make it past the first round.

#34 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,954 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

I didn't think that Kenny would want Carter to be honest.

Agreed I don't think he's much of a team player.
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#35 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

is it just me, or do those pictures of Carter and Richards remind you of the same two douchy s***heads you see in every college bar in the country? Maybe the douchy frat guy schtick was invented in Canada.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#36 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

Toronto Star.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#37 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Toronto Star.

Not sure if that's a total dick move by Columbus or a remarkably considerate one toward the fans who may have recently purchased Carter's jersey.

I'm going to go with dick move.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#38 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,152 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Not sure if that's a total dick move by Columbus or a remarkably considerate one toward the fans who may have recently purchased Carter's jersey.

I'm going to go with dick move.

Considering they announced it the day Carter was coming back to Columbus for the first time as a King, I think you picked the right one.

First announcing that Nash requested a trade, now treating a recently traded player this way. Stay classy Columbus. :thumbup:

Even if he was a flop there, it doesn't exactly send the best message about how you treat players.

#39 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

As someone who wishes the best for CBJ if it doesnt come at the expense of the Wings I think that this was something that the fans needed. Nash is more than likely (assuming that this winning doesnt maintain itself until the end of the season) out come July, and Johnson was supposedly enthusiastic when he spoke to Howson for the first time, he was on the radio the other day and said he loved the atmosphere of positivity that was in the dressing room. He could very well be the new face of the Jackets.

I personally would love to see Nash get swung to us in the offseason if the price is right, but if he isn't I hope he stays because I think that Johnson could be the shot of positive energy that the city needs. Add in Johansen who could be a good player in another year or so, the first that they have coming, and if they can either re-focus Mason's mind or get a centerpiece goalie I think they have a chance to be decent and improve. Losing some of the higher-ups would help too and this team could be the next Pitt, Chi, etc. Lose, get can't miss firsts, stock up, and make us madder than hell when their fans come jumping on the newly built bandwagon.

Of course on the other hand I'm fine with them continuing to stink as long as they stay in Columbus, it means 3 times a year I get to see the Wings with good seats on the cheap.

#40 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

I don't know how to embed a video from my iPhone but I thought u all might get a quick out of this haha....