• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nevermind

Just Say 'No' to Mikael Samuelsson

Rate this topic

Apparently we're interested in bringing him back (according to Bob Duff as referenced in one of the other threads...I haven't seen it for myself)?

Please Kenny, don't bring the logo hunter back. I know we won a Cup and got to a Finals Game 7 with him, but he's definitely not what we need right now. Too much of a perimeter player that constantly takes low percentage shots. He could be clutch at times, but was usually just really frustrating to watch. For whatever reason, Babcock loved him though.

I'd rather acquire nobody at all than get Sammy back. If you guys feel the same way, maybe there's a slight chance the Wings' office will read this. :hehe: Haha...I doubt it.

Edited by Nevermind

SAMMY!

I doubt it.. he's part of Florida's new direction and success this season, I don't see them messing with that too much, especially for how insanely active that team was in the offseason. The new guys are working and the Panthers are winning, I wouldn't break that up.

SAMMY!

I doubt it.. he's part of Florida's new direction and success this season, I don't see them messing with that too much, especially for how insanely active that team was in the offseason. The new guys are working and the Panthers are winning, I wouldn't break that up.

That's what I thought as well. I don't see Florida moving anyone--being right in the thick of things in the playoff race. If anything, they might think they're a buyer instead of a seller.

I'm just reacting to what I saw in the other thread.

Definitely wouldn't be against it.

It's not like we'd be counting on him for top-line minutes and he's had spurts of success on a 2nd/3rd line role. And as often is the case with scapegoats or whipping boys, which Samuelsson often was here, their negative status is often overdramatized.

Hemsky or nothing!

What is the love fest with Hemsky, he's a career under achiever, doesn't play defense, takes shifts/nights/months off. He has 5 goals in 46 games this year and he's -14 and now the rumour is that he wants between 4 and 5 million a year lmao. Who is this guy kidding?

No to Sammy and no to Hemsky while were at it :P

Both players bringing nothing new to our team. Both players are not tough or physical enough and are having mediocre to average seasons at best. I don't see Sammy getting traded either with Florida in the hunt. And Hemsky, Edmonton probably is trying to have someone dramtically overpay for him. He isn't worth a bag of pucks right now. I'd rate Hudler over Hemsky lol :P

Why does ANYONE want Hemsky? How does he make us better, and who would he replace on the roster? I would not give up a 5th rounder for him. As to Sammy, no thank you. I hated him when he was here, and even more when he became a Canuck. We had a chance to get that sniper we needed in Jeff Carter, but let him fall into the Kings' hands. Too bad. Now the only player I'm interested in is Vanek, but I don't know how willing Buffalo would be to dealing him? But after bringing back Quincey (which I had no problem with), and now showing interest in Samuelson, something tells me that if Holland went after anyone from Buffalo, it would probably be Leino? Maybe Lilja's available too?

Oh please NO!

Samuelsson > Hudler all day long. Bigger, faster, and also has a good shot. If this guys healthy (havent seen him since Van traded him) and its the best option out there - do it.

Oh I hate Hudler... Hate him! But I would gladly wear a happy Hudler Jersey and do a jig so Sammy stays far far away from our line up.

PS. I'm not too worried about wearing a Hudler jersey because it will disappear (just like him) as soon as the play offs start :D