• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nevermind

Just Say 'No' to Mikael Samuelsson

Rate this topic

Samuelsson > Hudler all day long. Bigger, faster, and also has a good shot. If this guys healthy (havent seen him since Van traded him) and its the best option out there - do it.

NO WAY!

Happy is 36 pts in 61 games and a plus 5

Sammy is only 18 pts in 32 games..and a 0 for plus/minus

Hudler is a better playmaker than sammy ever was. BEHOLD the shinguard assasin :ph34r:

Whats next, are you lobbying for Jason Williams's return too??? Gross

Im sure it should be obvious but what is a logo hunter?

Never a "snipe"...always a blatent "wind em up" shot aimed directly at the jersey logo!

Guest Crymson

Dustin Brown and/or Selanne please, otherwise no moves. TY.

The Ducks are within four points of a playoff spot. Selanne gets to choose if he's moved or not. As his team is in playoff range, I'm guessing that the answer will be no.

Grabovski dude, that's all I'm saying.

Brian Burke will not trade his first-line center unless he receives something equivalent in return.

The Ducks are within four points of a playoff spot. Selanne gets to choose if he's moved or not. As his team is in playoff range, I'm guessing that the answer will be no.

Brian Burke will not trade his first-line center unless he receives something equivalent in return.

I've been reading that he's considering taking a second round pick and a prospect on Grabovski, just because the Leafs aren't a realistic playoff threat, and Grabovski is asking a boat load to resign next year. If they don't get a deal done before monday, I expect Burke to move him, but I agree with you, it's hard saying what he'll get in return.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120222/SPORTS18/120222055/detroit-red-wings-trade-rumors-nhl

Edited by kipwinger

Guest Crymson

I've been reading that he's considering taking a second round pick and a prospect on Grabovski, just because the Leafs aren't a realistic playoff threat, and Grabovski is asking a boat load to resign next year. If they don't get a deal done before monday, I expect Burke to move him, but I agree with you, it's hard saying what he'll get in return.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120222/SPORTS18/120222055/detroit-red-wings-trade-rumors-nhl

Leafs Nation would spontaneously combust were Grabo traded without substantial recompense.

NO WAY!

Happy is 36 pts in 61 games and a plus 5

Sammy is only 18 pts in 32 games..and a 0 for plus/minus

Hudler is a better playmaker than sammy ever was. BEHOLD the shinguard assasin :ph34r:

Whats next, are you lobbying for Jason Williams's return too??? Gross

Never a "snipe"...always a blatent "wind em up" shot aimed directly at the jersey logo!

So... they have scored points at relatively the same pace this season.

Hudler is playing for a good offensive team in Detroit (194 goals thus far) and Sammy has been playing the majority of the season in Florida, a mediorce offensive team at best (146 goals)

Hudler is a better playmaker, but playmaker was never really Sammy's game - he's more of a sniper.

Hudler is younger, but Sammy is bigger and probably still faster.

I'm not arguing either way as to who is better, but they are clearly comparable players, in my opinion and I disagree with your implication to the contrary.

So... they have scored points at relatively the same pace this season.

Hudler is playing for a good offensive team in Detroit (194 goals thus far) and Sammy has been playing the majority of the season in Florida, a mediorce offensive team at best (146 goals)

Hudler is a better playmaker, but playmaker was never really Sammy's game - he's more of a sniper.

Hudler is younger, but Sammy is bigger and probably still faster.

I'm not arguing either way as to who is better, but they are clearly comparable players, in my opinion and I disagree with your implication to the contrary.

I disagree with your mplications! Lol. Well, Hudler is younger and you may have used that argument about Florida 5 years ago, the current team is LEADING their division. The idea that you named Sammy as a sniper is a bit of a stretch, unless taking out the logo gets points.

Think what you want but I think Hudler offers more to this team than Sammy does and I still say HUDLER> SAMMUELSON

I disagree with your mplications! Lol. Well, Hudler is younger and you may have used that argument about Florida 5 years ago, the current team is LEADING their division. The idea that you named Sammy as a sniper is a bit of a stretch, unless taking out the logo gets points.

Think what you want but I think Hudler offers more to this team than Sammy does and I still say HUDLER> SAMMUELSON

Look at the standings again. Winnipeg is currently LEADING what is a race between three mediocre-at-best teams to win by far the worst division in the league.

I didn't say anything about their record, though, or where they sit in the standings. I was referring to team offense. You were using this season's statistics to support your implication that Hudler and Samuelsson don't belong in the same conversation. I pointed out that their ppg for the season is actually pretty close AND that Hudler plays on a much better offensive team. I gave you the goal amounts... but maybe this will clear my point up for you - Detroit is currently 4th in the league in goal scoring, and Florida is 26th. So, the points would be fewer and further between for Sammy than they would for Hudler because Hudler's team scores much more often.

Let's go back to last year when Samuelsson was also on a team with a good offense....

Hudler - 73 GP 10 G 27 A -7

Samuelsson - 75 GP 18 G 32 A +8

Sammy scored 30 goals the year before that. Hudler's career high is 23.

Kind of makes the argument the other way... but the stats from those seasons aren't really the whole story, are they? Neither are the stats from this season.

As for the use of the word 'sniper'.... I didn't say he was Brett Hull. I was talking about his style of play. You said Hudler was a better playmaker - I agree, but Samuelsson is not a playmaker. I would also probably agree with you that Hudler offers more to this team that Samuelsson and that, at this point, "Hudler > Samuelsson"... probably mostly because of the age difference. All I am saying is that it is not that clear cut who is better. It seems to me that you just jumped on the 'I hate Sammy' bandwagon and now you are just regurgitating the Sammy bashing that was commonplace on LGW from 2005-09. Sammy and Hudler each have advantages over the other. They are different types of players. I like both of them

Look at the standings again. Winnipeg is currently LEADING what is a race between three mediocre-at-best teams to win by far the worst division in the league.

I didn't say anything about their record, though, or where they sit in the standings. I was referring to team offense. You were using this season's statistics to support your implication that Hudler and Samuelsson don't belong in the same conversation. I pointed out that their ppg for the season is actually pretty close AND that Hudler plays on a much better offensive team. I gave you the goal amounts... but maybe this will clear my point up for you - Detroit is currently 4th in the league in goal scoring, and Florida is 26th. So, the points would be fewer and further between for Sammy than they would for Hudler because Hudler's team scores much more often.

Let's go back to last year when Samuelsson was also on a team with a good offense....

Hudler - 73 GP 10 G 27 A -7

Samuelsson - 75 GP 18 G 32 A +8

Sammy scored 30 goals the year before that. Hudler's career high is 23.

Kind of makes the argument the other way... but the stats from those seasons aren't really the whole story, are they? Neither are the stats from this season.

As for the use of the word 'sniper'.... I didn't say he was Brett Hull. I was talking about his style of play. You said Hudler was a better playmaker - I agree, but Samuelsson is not a playmaker. I would also probably agree with you that Hudler offers more to this team that Samuelsson and that, at this point, "Hudler > Samuelsson"... probably mostly because of the age difference. All I am saying is that it is not that clear cut who is better. It seems to me that you just jumped on the 'I hate Sammy' bandwagon and now you are just regurgitating the Sammy bashing that was commonplace on LGW from 2005-09. Sammy and Hudler each have advantages over the other. They are different types of players. I like both of them

Yes Sammy did score 30 goals 2 SEASONS AGO while playing with the ******* Sedins. He will never achieve that again in his career and especially not on this team. Give it up, Samuelsson is not what this team needs

Yes Sammy did score 30 goals 2 SEASONS AGO while playing with the ******* Sedins. He will never achieve that again in his career and especially not on this team. Give it up, Samuelsson is not what this team needs

Yes, and Hudler has NEVER scored 30 goals - with anybody. And I never said Samuelsson is what this team needs, did I? Does anyone actually read posts around here?

The guy was making an argument that Hudler was leagues better than Samuelsson ever thought about being. I disagree with that line of thinking so I used some statistics to make the other side of the argument, much more convincingly than he did, in my opinion.

I didn't say Samuelsson was the best thing since sliced bread. Or that he was what this team needs. Or that we should trade for him. OR that he is better than Hudler. I said - Samuelsson and Hudler are different types of players and I was making the argument that they are of comparable value and skill level. Hudler is a better playmaker and is younger. Samuelsson is bigger, a better defender and (I think) has a better shot than Hudler. I think that 'Jiri Hudler is WAY better than Mikael Samuelsson' is a false statement.

Say what you want about the guy, but the fact is he's a winner. Teams he is a part of win. I'm not saying I would be thrilled to have him back, because his logo hunting from every part of the offensive zone irritated the s*** out of me just like it did everyone else. But, it wouldn't be the worst thing. Much rather have a Dustin Brown, but since that most likely aint going to happen..........

did someone in this thread really say they'd rather have Samuelsson the LOGO HUNGER than Jiri Hudler who is having a bounce back year? Wow I really hope he doesn't come here...just... no.. we don't need ANOTHER really streaky non physical forward.

I like Sammy, and for all the accurate ridiculing of him being a logo hunter, he still scored a LOT of clutch goals for us. That being said, he doesn't really do anything Hudler doesn't already do, and Hudler is younger and on the upswing. I'd rather keep Hudler. Also, Sammy doesn't add anything the Wings need, except for he's a right hander, isn't he?

I think it's a smoke screen, or else the media is just jumping to conclusions, thinking Holland is just picking up old Wings.

Edited by VM1138

I like Sammy, and for all the accurate ridiculing of him being a logo hunter, he still scored a LOT of clutch goals for us. That being said, he doesn't really do anything Hudler doesn't already do, and Hudler is younger and on the upswing. I'd rather keep Hudler. Also, Sammy doesn't add anything the Wings need, except for he's a right hander, isn't he?

I think it's a smoke screen, or else the media is just jumping to conclusions, thinking Holland is just picking up old Wings.

He would be fine as a PO rental. Plus I disagree - Sammy is better in the PO lineup than Hudler, bigger stronger. There is no upswing to Hudler - we have already seen all that he can (and can't) do. He is a decent 3-4 line role player - and too expensive of one at that.

Guest Crymson

I'm pretty sure that this is just media speculation. But if Sammy can be had on the deadline for future considerations, yay.