• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

The single player DLC titled "Leviathan" has release for Mass Effect 3, available for 800 MS points or about $9.99. It opens up a new chapter to the campaign in search of a weapon powerful enough to take down the reapers. I haven't started it yet but I plan on playing through it tomorrow, i'll post up my opinion once I finish it.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#22 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

I'm done with ME3's singleplayer. The endings were horrific, and the Extended Cut did nothing but extend those horrific endings; it was nothing but a giant middle finger to the fans for not accepting the ME3 team's original creative vision.

Everything in the singleplayer still leads to those horrible endings. That they continue to put out singleplayer DLC is shockingly pretentious.

#23 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

The Leviathan DLC was very good, reasonably short but added a different chapter and a bit of unique gameplay. Considering I completed it in about 4 hours including cut scenes, i'm not entirely sure it was worth the 800 points I spent on it, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I've been off and on with conversations about the ending for ME3, so in attempt to avoid a debate about it as i've been in a few already, i'm just gonna toss this out there. I understand, and partially agree about the complaints and concerns about the ending of the series. It didn't bother me as much as it did other people because I generally play games for the gameplay over the storyline. The fact is, yeah they did go a different route from your traditional "good guy wins" end scenario, but it didn't discredit for me how phenomenal the series as a whole was, and how excellent the overall gameplay and mechanics carried the series.

I personally thought it was a bit ridiculous that Bioware was pretty much put into a forced position to release an extended ending, they should have left it how it was from the beginning. It didn't really make things any better, it just made the people who hated the ending complain about it more, and I honestly haven't felt the need to even go and watch the new extended endings. Again, i'm a bit more with the minority, I didn't necessarily like the ending but I wasn't going off the handle about it either. The multiplayer more than made up for it and I still play it a few times a month. Considering they maintained the support for MP play with free DLC packs, I don't mind dropping five or ten bucks on expansions for the single player game. With EA being on the cover of the game, it's pretty shocking that they have gotten away with releasing a few free DLC packs.

But anyway, hardcore fans of the series should have no problem dropping the ten dollars into the new DLC and should enjoy it as I have. More casual fans should wait for it to go on sale and pick it up then. Outside of the Shadow Broker DLC for ME2, Leviathan was probably my favorite expansion so far in the series.

For those looking to play Mass Effect 3 and have been waiting for the price to lower, you can order it from gamefly for $14.99 now, and you don't have to be a member to purchase it. This is easily the cheapest i've seen the game so far, and considering it is used, any preowned games i've purchased from gamefly have been in exceptional condition, included the original box and all the unredeemed codes in the sleeve for online play and extra content.

Edited by BlazeYoungblood, 07 September 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#24 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

A massive free DLC multiplayer pack will be available on October 9th, which includes 6 new maps, 16 new characters, The Collectors as a new enemy type, new weapons, and added hazardous weather effects. This is another free add on for anyone who's still playing this online. I plan on checking out the new content once it launches.

#25 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

12162314333_bb9dba40b7_o.jpg

I was bored.. thought this would be a cool idea.

#26 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

Very cool idea. Extremely well done. Pav as Shepard is brillant, and Bert as Thane is a nice touch.

If you got a nice file of the "group pic" from the Citadel DLC you could do some absolutely epic photoshop work. Mass Effect is one of my all time favorite series. I spent way too much time playing the multiplayer in ME3. If the RNG store didn't decide to go 10 million credits between ultra rare weapons I'd have kept playing until I maxed my manifest.

I'm curious to see what other franchises you could photoshop Wings into.

Edited by TheXym, 30 January 2014 - 10:12 PM.

It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users