• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

Shootout rotation - Replacement Hudler?

Rate this topic

I am speaking of shootouts alone and nothing else, so I am not wanting to turn this into a Hudler hate thread for anything else for anybody that really dislikes him, or for the one fan in here who typically overhypes his value.

He's had his good moments obviously, i.e. like Zetterberg in shootouts before he eventually got yanked out of the usual rotation years ago, but I just don't think he's doing as good in it.

Datsyuk and Bertuzzi are still obvious choices. Do you think Hudler should still be in one of the spots, or somebody else?

I think it's time to either put Zetterberg back in it or give Filppula regular shot in the rotation.

It should be Dats, Flip and Bert. Zetterberg can be the 4th but other than that beauty Forsberg move he pulled a couple of weeks ago he seems to have about the same success as Huds which isn't all that hot.

Huds is either mindblowing or gives you those what the f*** moments in shootouts. He's been pretty brutal as of recent. I think Val should get a chance, if that doesn't work they should go back to the drawing board. For all of the talent the Wings have, they definitely lack in beyond 3 players in SO's.

Hudler's move in the SO was dumb. He beat Lou last time in the SO with a shot, so he trys it again?! Even worse he was showing it from the second he touched the puck. Lou is horrible in shootouts. I was disappointed to see the wings, not even try to make him work.

i was thinking the same thing before the roster for the shootouts were named , i wanted to see filppula in it , hudler just basically trys to copycat datsyuk's move most of the time , and yesterdays shootout was pathetic all 3 guys just came in and shot , i was expecting bertuzzi to try some crazy move or a spin o rama not a shot that failed the previous 2 times

anyways i think hudler shouldnt be in the top 3 shooters next time definetly need to change it up

I have wondered why Mule doesn't get more of a look.. I mean he might not be a "dangler" all the time but if anyone on this team is going to go shot instead of deke and score the majority of the time you'd have to think it would be him.

I'd put in Filppula or Franzen instead of him and Zetterberg.

But honestly, we only have like 20 games left this season. We may still have a few more shootouts, but there's more pressing issues on this team than our shootout lineup.

Zetty, before last nights miss was 50 percent...why pull him? As for Huds,we need either Flip or Franzen to shoot. Fil's got some shake and bake when he has time. Oddly enough, Kronwall is a very decent shot...Id consider him in the 5th spot

Edited by Motown4013