48 replies to this topic

#41 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Okay here is the reasoning...

They like Brown, but right now he is a 20-30 goal scorer who is hitting the low water mark...

Make that a 23-33 goal scorer.

#42 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

I wrote a good long pieces on other options... There is another one on the Kings that should be looked at...

Definitively after Brown went Gagner-esk tonight.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#43 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

The Kings aren't going to give away a goal-scorer when they're so desperately in need of goal-scoring. That is, they won't do it unless they get an offer they can't reasonably refuse, and that offer is not going to come from the Wings.

#44 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

I'm hoping that Stuart has come clean about his intentions with signing with the Wings by now. If he intends to sign with a west coast team, then a package of Stuart and Huds would not be an unrealistic offer for Brown.

#45 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

I'm hoping that Stuart has come clean about his intentions with signing with the Wings by now. If he intends to sign with a west coast team, then a package of Stuart and Huds would not be an unrealistic offer for Brown.

That'd be a gross overpayment, regardless of Stuart's plans for the summer.

#46 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

That'd be a gross overpayment, regardless of Stuart's plans for the summer.

I would agree that would be considered an overpayment. Thinking that would be kind of the core of a deal with the Kings with prospects/picks coming the Wings way as well. Probably never going to happen, but if the Wings know that that Stuart isn't going to resign, then they should get something out of that since the Wings are relatively deep in D even with Big E being out for the next month.

#47 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

Detroit is only relatively deep at D with Stuart. He will reamin in Detroit for the full cup run.

Edited by T.Low, 26 February 2012 - 02:29 AM.

#48 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Detroit is only relatively deep at D with Stuart. He will reamin in Detroit for the full cup run.

Agreed. Holland would be nuts to dump a Dman like Stuart before the playoffs. Especially because that's when Stuart usually ups his game.

I'm guessing he picked up Quincey looking forward to next season and as a nice addition since Kindl and Commodore haven't really impressed.

#49 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

I really want Brad Stuart for playoffs, but since it looks like were gonna lose him to the west coast in the off-season anyways, maybe a Stuart for Brown deal. I know the Kings need scoring but they also could use another defensemen with Jack Johnson now gone. Doubt it will happen, but just a thought. Would probably have to throw in a pick/prospect with Stuart since he's a UFA. I'm sure he would resign with the Kings though! I would also do maybe Hudler, Tatar, 3rd round pick or something of that nature if the kings would want it. Think Brown would really fit in nice with the Wings. He's a righty too and loves to hit! Tatar is overrated imo anyways!

With out Stuart our chances of going any were in the playoff are not good. He is are #2 defensemen it will be a big hit to our defense when he is gone.
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image