• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Top 15 Nicest Players

Rate this topic

I'd like to know if they are supposed to be nice on-the-ice or off-the-ice. Shane Doan as number three? It has to be off-the-ice.

Thats exactly what I was thinking when i saw Doan and Jerome! I don't think anyone should take this to seriously or say this adds to our "wings are to soft" campaign as i think this is probably a players poll of who's the nicest off the ice and shares no reflection to how the players play the game on the ice.

Edited by Hank Dats 'N Homer

Guest Crymson

I guess it goes to show that you don't have to be a prick to be successful in this league...I think out of all of the professional sports hockey probably has the greatest number of "gentlemen".

Hockey has the best-behaved players off the ice. I've speculated with others that this is because you basically need to be from at least a middle-class background to afford playing hockey as a kid and a teen; all that equipment is very expensive.

I think Iginla would be a dude. Can see him being really nice, not shunning fans or other players or reporters and such. That being said, for off-ice niceness, didn't Vinny Lecavalier give like, a years salary to fund a children's hospital? That makes a nice guy in my book.

Also Lids ALWAYS seems nice, without fail, almost to the point where he still can't believe the fame and attention he gets.

Ask Ryan Malones nose how nice Pavel is.

That was Kronwall.

Anyway, interesting list given some of the names on there - unknown journeymen like Eaves, a guy who killed a team-mate in Heatley. It would have been interesting to see some of the players comments.

As for all the complaints about Iginla, countless team-mates and coaches have testified to his off-ice character over the years.

Guest Crymson

Let's make it 5 by adding Selanne on Sun night :cool: .

Short of Perry and Getzlaf sustaining season-ending injuries tomorrow, this isn't going to happen. The Ducks are only six spots out of a playoff spot, so the management wouldn't trade Selanne even if he wanted it.

That was Kronwall.

Kronwall broke Malone's nose initially, then someone re-broke it in game five, and then Datsyuk did it another time in game six. But it was a clean hit.

Short of Perry and Getzlaf sustaining season-ending injuries tomorrow, this isn't going to happen. The Ducks are only six spots out of a playoff spot, so the management wouldn't trade Selanne even if he wanted it.

I know 6 pts from 8th looks like it is within reach but 6 spots is a helluva climb with 21 games left. Not impossible but probably not likely. It's not just going on a tear, you have to hope that the 5 teams above you (who are all trying to go hard to get in) all fail. Some statistician probably has it all figured out but if 93-94 pts is the goal for 8th and you're Anaheim, you'd have to go something like 15-4-2 or something close to that.

Guest Crymson

I know 6 pts from 8th looks like it is within reach but 6 spots is a helluva climb with 21 games left. Not impossible but probably not likely. It's not just going on a tear, you have to hope that the 5 teams above you (who are all trying to go hard to get in) all fail. Some statistician probably has it all figured out but if 93-94 pts is the goal for 8th and you're Anaheim, you'd have to go something like 15-4-2 or something close to that.

That's not going to stop them from trying. Their fanbase would be rightfully furious if they decided to become sellers at this stage.

I'm guessing they mean off the ice.

Guys like Doan and Iginla don't exactly play a nice game on the ice.

Then I'm surprised Datsyuk is number 1. Does he hang out with so many NHL players in his free time, that they voted him nicest guy off the ice?

I mean, teammates would have better knowledge of that off ice stuff than guys playing for other teams.

That's not going to stop them from trying. Their fanbase would be rightfully furious if they decided to become sellers at this stage.

Granted, fans would be enraged but GM's are suppose to think about the superficial and temporary voice of fans. Found the statistical site ... % chance of each NHL team making playoffs . As of today, Anaheim has a 5.8% chance of making it.

Teemu, come on over ... pleeze.

Edited by RedWingsRox

I guess it goes to show that you don't have to be a prick to be successful in this league...I think out of all of the professional sports hockey probably has the greatest number of "gentlemen".

Hi, I'd like to introduce you to the MLB. I like hockey a significant amount more than baseball, but the way they (MLB players) act when playing games is waaay more friendlier than during hockey games.