• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

I know 6 pts from 8th looks like it is within reach but 6 spots is a helluva climb with 21 games left. Not impossible but probably not likely. It's not just going on a tear, you have to hope that the 5 teams above you (who are all trying to go hard to get in) all fail. Some statistician probably has it all figured out but if 93-94 pts is the goal for 8th and you're Anaheim, you'd have to go something like 15-4-2 or something close to that.

That's not going to stop them from trying. Their fanbase would be rightfully furious if they decided to become sellers at this stage.

#22 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,740 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

I'm guessing they mean off the ice.

Guys like Doan and Iginla don't exactly play a nice game on the ice.

Then I'm surprised Datsyuk is number 1. Does he hang out with so many NHL players in his free time, that they voted him nicest guy off the ice?

I mean, teammates would have better knowledge of that off ice stuff than guys playing for other teams.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#23 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

I thought Filp was going to be on the list. He plays a much nicer game than Shane Doan(t).

#24 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

That's not going to stop them from trying. Their fanbase would be rightfully furious if they decided to become sellers at this stage.

Granted, fans would be enraged but GM's are suppose to think about the superficial and temporary voice of fans. Found the statistical site ... % chance of each NHL team making playoffs . As of today, Anaheim has a 5.8% chance of making it.

Teemu, come on over ... pleeze.

Edited by RedWingsRox, 25 February 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#25 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

I guess it goes to show that you don't have to be a prick to be successful in this league...I think out of all of the professional sports hockey probably has the greatest number of "gentlemen".

Hi, I'd like to introduce you to the MLB. I like hockey a significant amount more than baseball, but the way they (MLB players) act when playing games is waaay more friendlier than during hockey games.

#26 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hi, I'd like to introduce you to the MLB. I like hockey a significant amount more than baseball, but the way they (MLB players) act when playing games is waaay more friendlier than during hockey games.

hi, you mean those guys that run around bases and sometimes get the sun in their eyes?

there's a reason why players aren't very friendly to each other on the ice, and that's because it is a high-speed contact sport with sticks and shoulder pads.
Posted Image

#27 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

The f***in' all-star is one of the nicest players? No kidding...

#28 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

WTF is up with Ericsson in the Zetterberg picture?

The big contract went to his head so much that now he thinks he is Superman?

#29 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

ide prefer our players not be nice on the ice.....

#30 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:46 AM

i'd say he gets this because he's doesn't play dirty, not because he's soft.
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#31 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

No Canucks on that list ... utterly shocking.

#32 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

You think Paul Bissonnette is nice? Think again. haha

His last tweet:

Paul Bissonnette ‏ @BizNasty2point0 Reply Retweeted Favorite Open
Watching someone's reaction to a well executed crop dust is one of the many joys in life.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#33 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

It must be off the ice, because Doan and Iginla have that "I'm Canadian, it's our game, and I'm entitled to everything in this game according to Don Cherry" mentality on it.

No Canucks on that list ... utterly shocking.

Obviously it's an east coast bias. Everyone in the East is in bed by the time our team plays, so how would they know what goes on in Vancouver, i.e. God's country?

:rolleyes:
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#34 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

hi, you mean those guys that run around bases and sometimes get the sun in their eyes?

there's a reason why players aren't very friendly to each other on the ice, and that's because it is a high-speed contact sport with sticks and shoulder pads.

HUUURRR DURRR... no s***. I was just saying that, obviously, baseball players are nicer to other baseball players than hockey players are to other hockey players

jesus

Edited by wolverine1817, 26 February 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#35 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

If my count is correct, only 2 of the 15 players listed are from the Eastern Conference. Kind of says a lot.

#36 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:54 AM

I see epic 'shops coming from the Zetterberg/Ericcson picture.

#37 aMonster

aMonster

Rookie

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

Iginla absolutely has to be in that list or it's a lawsuit..! Seriously, WTG Dats... well deserved title even if some would rather wear the badge on the inside.

#38 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

Hockey has the best-behaved players off the ice. I've speculated with others that this is because you basically need to be from at least a middle-class background to afford playing hockey as a kid and a teen; all that equipment is very expensive.

So, your socio-economic class has everything to do with weather you are a nice person??? Do you have any studies to back that up, or is this just your "professional" assessment. Or are you really just making a blanketed racial statement about players of other sports and their actions?

Money has absolutely nothing to do with how a person acts. If it did, country clubs and private schools would be filled with angels, and we all know that that's not the truth. There are bad people, as well as good people, in every economic group, race, religion, and every other categorizing factor out there.

#39 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:30 AM

Granted, fans would be enraged but GM's are suppose to think about the superficial and temporary voice of fans. Found the statistical site ... % chance of each NHL team making playoffs . As of today, Anaheim has a 5.8% chance of making it.

Teemu, come on over ... pleeze.

Don't know if you've noticed this, but they are 18-3-4 in their last 25 games, better than any other team in the league in the last 25. Any GM would be a fool to blow up a team that is playing that hot. Especially one that has gone on runs like that in the past, to make the playoffs. Besides, a trade would be Selanne's decission, not Murray's. I wouldn't hold your breath on Teemu becoming a Wing.