• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/25 GDT : Avalanche 4 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

Call FedEx, the Wings are mailing it in! Hopefully they play better the rest of the way.

Pathetic period. With that said, it should only be 1-0 because I do not know how the hell there was not a penalty called on the Avs before their 2nd goal... Quincy was CLEARLY tripped!

Regardless the Wings level of play was pathetic and unacceptable. For the love of God Babcock CHANGE THE FREAKIN LINES!! Franzen is useless and ever since Hank has been stuck with him he has went back to playing bad. Franzen can play on the 4th line for all I care right now. I want Fil and Hank together with Bert on the top line.

Hopefully the Wings can get going in the 2nd and hopefully the refs start doing their jobs.

yes please Babs give us some different looks in the 2nd, this game is not out of reach, would be nice to at least get a point

No because Zetterberg NEEDS a guy to set him up we need him to score goals because Franzen is a no show. Fil and Hank were going good together before Pavs got his knee done so keep them together imo. Then the 3rd line should get 2nd line minutes and then Franzen and Hudler can get 3rd line minutes with Cleary.

They need to do something to light a fire under him. Maybe put him up on the trading block. None of these guys have a sense that their job is in danger.

I agree, but noone would take his hideous contract and his inconsistent play....of course Edmonton just wasted $10M on someone similar...

Wings NEED an ELITE scorer who scores consistently! Who? Dunno, but since Holland won't part with too much, we'll never see it...

They need to do something to light a fire under him. Maybe put him up on the trading block. None of these guys have a sense that their job is in danger.

Yeah I agree, he needs a kick in the ass. I understand that sooner or later a slump was bound to happen with the wings, but with the blues rolling and not slowing down, we need to play even harder without pavs. Franzen should be doing that for all the hype he gets.

Wings best bottom six was:

Conner - Helm - Cleary

Holmstrom - Abby - Miller

Sure I guess, but Conner is not going to be on this squad again unless the plague hits. Basically my point is that although I like Cleary but he should be on the 3rd line with Helm and I would expect Miller would be the other one since they have showed pretty good chemistry. There are many combos that could be used on the bottom 6.

I agree, but noone would take his hideous contract and his inconsistent play....of course Edmonton just wasted $10M on someone similar...

Wings NEED an ELITE scorer who scores consistently! Who? Dunno, but since Holland won't part with too much, we'll never see it...

They don't have to actually trade him, just take offers. Something to make Franzen play with a little more urgency.

Here's an idea on lines for the second:

Bert-Z-Fil

Miller-Helm-Abby

Franzen-Cleary-Hudler

Holm-Emmer-Murs

edit: yes, in that order....Helm deserves better! Franzen and Hudler deserve the Iron Maiden...

I agree, play the s*** out of Miller-Helm-Abby

It seems sometimes that with the family atmosphere within the organization perhaps Holland can be a little too loyal with some of the players, none of them seem to be in fear of losing their job, esp. Mule lol; on the other hand, it would probably take too much to bring in an elite scorer so we're likely stuck with what we got for better or worse

lol, some people on this site let their emotions get way too involved in their predictions of the future... it's like they're women or something

this period did suck though. thank god we have 2 more to turn things around and stop all this doom n gloom talk

Eeeeuuuooowww, gawd! NOT women! Face it, Bubba. There's lots of women on this board, and a lot of THEM are the ones holding the cold compresses to hot heads around here. Get real.