• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#301 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

If we could put up that kind of performance since the beginning of the damn game we would've won badly

bringit.jpg

#302 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

players often score goal by going to the front of the net and tipping in deflections and rebounds. That's day one stuff. Not really sure how playing fundamental hockey is now credited to watching your teammate get his ass beat. Then again I'm new to sports so what do I know about doing it right. Also, you don't have to be a prick when you respond...just for future reference.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#303 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

Oh Helm.

#304 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

players often score goal by going to the front of the net and tipping in deflections and rebounds. That's day one stuff. Not really sure how playing fundamental hockey is now credited to watching your teammate get his ass beat. Then again I'm new to sports so what do I know about doing it right. Also, you don't have to be a prick when you respond...just for future reference.

:lol:

says the guy from mt. pleasant to the guy from jerkwater.
Posted Image

#305 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,161 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

I wasn't being a prick. Just stating the obvious. Watching your teammate take it on the chin to spark the team does motivate players sometimes. Hudler doesn't always crash the net exactly.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#306 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Oh well...it was a decent 3rd. Good night everyone.

#307 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

nice try though boys
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#308 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,808 posts

Came close, but they only played for a period. If they had played like that all game and would've won, that's becoming a problem with Datsyuk out. Looking forward to monday.

#NOMOREKINDL

#309 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

Got started way too late but nice to see them show some jam at the end.

#310 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Damn

#311 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Finally an effort in the third. I really like the line shakeup, I hope Babs sticks with that for next game. Helm and Miller are the hardest working guys on the team and deserve the second line minutes if it gets the team and Mule going.

All the non calls in the final three minutes were terrible, but hardly surprising.
Posted Image

#312 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

valiant effort toward the end, but if we keep not playing 'til we're behind the 8-ball all the time we'll see more games like this one I'm afraid

#313 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

The past 3 games have been embarrassing.

#314 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,161 posts

Finally an effort in the third. I really like the line shakeup, I hope Babs sticks with that for next game. Helm and Miller are the hardest working guys on the team and deserve the second line minutes if it gets the team and Mule going.

All the non calls in the final three minutes were terrible, but hardly surprising.

Our line combos will look different next game with Selanne.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#315 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

You need to watch some more hockey fights of you think that was an ass beating IMO.

Is that also your analysis of the Talbot-Carcillo fight from the playoffs a few years ago? Sometimes you need to see a teammate sacrifice/show emotion to get in to the game. Big hits, fights, tenacity, etc all do this.

#316 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Well nice to see them come back and give it their all in the 3rd but they need to be better then they have been. I blame this losss on 2 key things. 1) The refs were pathetic tonight... they missed a clear call that resulted in a goal, and then at the end of the game missed 3 or 4 tripping calls somehow. 2) Mike Babcock... we have been calling all game for Hank to be put back with Fil and Hudler, but Babcock waited way too long to finally pull the switch. If this had been made earlier on we may have been able to come back. That is one of Babcock's few problems (he always waits too long to switch lines up). Nonetheless, I hope we make a move for a guy like Grabaski for the deadline.

#317 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

no surprise too, refs were looking to get out of there early :P

#318 redstag88

redstag88

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

Is it just me or does Hudler typically score in losses? I know he scored the 2 goals in the 7-2 Montreal game. Good third period effort anyhow. Most important game is the next one.

#319 Tim.D

Tim.D

LGW Media Creator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

Interesting. @WingingitinMotown: There has been one non-fighting penalty called in the third period of the last five Red Wings games. Teams must get more disciplined late.

Edited by Tim.D, 25 February 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#320 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

Interesting. @WingingitinMotown: There has been one non-fighting penalty called in the third period of the last five Red Wings games. Teams must get more disciplined late.

haha that must be it