• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#321 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

Watching your teammate take it on the chin to spark the team does motivate players sometimes. Hudler doesn't always crash the net exactly.

No, that's ridiculous. Nothing could ever possibly influence the team's play unless it's something Holland-approved like a really skillful pass, power play move or maybe Kronwall hit.

#322 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

Can we please do something with Franzen? Fire him up somehow or possibly trade...this guy looks pathetic out there.

#323 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

You're right you weren't being a prick. For all that's terrible about them at least pricks aren't passive aggressive. Either way, you're kind of a ******.

That's called being a prick? :lol: Well, I'm glad you didn't read my posts 4 or 5 years ago.

I just think you're dead wrong on your outlook towards the fight in the 3rd period. So do most people here apparently.

Can we please do something with Franzen? Fire him up somehow or possibly trade...this guy looks pathetic out there.

Because he knows he's got immunity. He knows he won't be traded because he's played well in the playoffs before.

Basically, he feels like he doesn't have to try every shift. Unlike a guy like Miller, who knows he has to bust his ass to keep his spot on the team.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 25 February 2012 - 09:37 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#324 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

You're right you weren't being a prick. For all that's terrible about them at least pricks aren't passive aggressive. Either way, you're kind of a ******.

Huh? Sarcastic, yes, but I wouldn't call that passive-aggressive. And I grew up on the west coast; believe me, I know me some passive-aggression.

#325 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Homer got about 5 min. more ice-time than his season avg.; gee Babs, not sure amping up his time while playing Z and Mule their usual amount is the greatest of plans

#326 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

Here's a theory I have about Franzen. When he tried to make that pass and just fell down, there was some booing from the fans. And from how Mick and Ken reacted, I think they thought that was against Franzen rather than the refs. Maybe that fired him up after that. Maybe it was a wakeup call.

Then again, maybe in time pigs will fly and Crosby isn't a whiny-ass baby. :ph34r:

Edited by Vladifan, 25 February 2012 - 09:40 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#327 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

Best 20 minute hockey game I've seen in quite some time. <_<

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#328 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Big Rig out a month with a broken wrist.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#329 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

I wonder what the alternate reality looks like where the wings kept Hossa, and let Franzen walk.

#330 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Good think we picked up Q.

#331 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

Franzen should get 4th line minutes next game as a reminder the hockey's not just all about skating and shooting

#332 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

I wonder what the alternate reality looks like where the wings kept Hossa, and let Franzen walk.

he's definitely better overall than Mule at least in the regular season, but only 5 goals in 29 playoff games for the Hawks

#333 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

Abby was at the end of a long shift.

We're lucky he didn't get carried off on a strecther, he didn't have any response to those last three hammers he took to the face. One more could have done him in, that almost got scary.

#334 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Franzen should get 4th line minutes next game as a reminder the hockey's not just all about skating and shooting

When has Babcock ever punished Franzen in that fashion?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#335 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

he's definitely better overall than Mule at least in the regular season, but only 5 goals in 29 playoff games for the Hawks

I think about it too, I really like Marion Hoss. But I harken back to that interview with Hossa where he said his hands got so tight with nervs when he went back to Pittsburgh with us in the Cup Finals. Franzen, on the other hand as we all know, carries the mail in the playoffs for this town. You simply cannot get rid of a player who has a playoff history like Johan Franzen.

#336 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

Holland should make it clear there nof****** ONE in this team that has a roster spot for granted, what a """team"""" efort I'm vomiting right now

#337 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

I think about it too, I really like Marion Hoss. But I harken back to that interview with Hossa where he said his hands got so tight with nervs when he went back to Pittsburgh with us in the Cup Finals. Franzen, on the other hand as we all know, carries the mail in the playoffs for this town. You simply cannot get rid of a player who has a playoff history like Johan Franzen.

yes, Mule's playoff rep is the only reason I tolerate his regular season mediocrity, he could score 40 if he showed up every game and used his size to his advantage more, but since he does do that in the playoffs he gets a pass; Hossa on the other hand has not put up the playoff numbers to justify his contract, which is pretty much just as bad as Franzen's iirc

#338 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

We're lucky he didn't get carried off on a strecther, he didn't have any response to those last three hammers he took to the face. One more could have done him in, that almost got scary.

Nothing landed square. He has gotten better at keeping his balance and dodging, but he still has a lot of room to improve. Watching the replay, it doesn't look like he had the chance to decline the fight anyways.

#339 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

You need to watch some more hockey fights of you think that was an ass beating IMO.

Is that also your analysis of the Talbot-Carcillo fight from the playoffs a few years ago? Sometimes you need to see a teammate sacrifice/show emotion to get in to the game. Big hits, fights, tenacity, etc all do this.

Don't you suppose that playing good fundamental hockey (e.g. going to the high traffic areas and banging in rebounds/deflecting pucks), could also get you back into a game...because it actually yields results? They scored because they did exactly what every kid is taught to do on every hockey team on earth. Go to the traffic areas and work. Now, if you want to suggest that Abby getting beat up was what caused them to start playing fundamental hockey again then I wouldn't argue with you about it. Not because I think you're right, but because you can't really prove it either way. Don't you think there's a chance that the team got motivated to play better toward the end of the third because they didn't really want to get embarrassed by a mediocre team, on home ice, two games after setting a record for the longest home winning streak? It's at least as plausible of an explanation as crediting all this to Abby repeatedly getting punched in the face.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#340 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

hudler 20 goals woot

glad i turned this off after the 1st

disappointing again