• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#101 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

Call FedEx, the Wings are mailing it in! Hopefully they play better the rest of the way.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#102 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

People said we needed big name to send to the bjs for Nash. Cya mule. Please take those horrible ram commercials with you.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#103 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Pathetic period. With that said, it should only be 1-0 because I do not know how the hell there was not a penalty called on the Avs before their 2nd goal... Quincy was CLEARLY tripped!

Regardless the Wings level of play was pathetic and unacceptable. For the love of God Babcock CHANGE THE FREAKIN LINES!! Franzen is useless and ever since Hank has been stuck with him he has went back to playing bad. Franzen can play on the 4th line for all I care right now. I want Fil and Hank together with Bert on the top line.

Hopefully the Wings can get going in the 2nd and hopefully the refs start doing their jobs.

yes please Babs give us some different looks in the 2nd, this game is not out of reach, would be nice to at least get a point

#104 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

No because Zetterberg NEEDS a guy to set him up we need him to score goals because Franzen is a no show. Fil and Hank were going good together before Pavs got his knee done so keep them together imo. Then the 3rd line should get 2nd line minutes and then Franzen and Hudler can get 3rd line minutes with Cleary.

#105 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Christ, Pavel is just as invisible as Franzen and Z.

bringit.jpg

#106 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

lol, some people on this site let their emotions get way too involved in their predictions of the future... it's like they're women or something

this period did suck though. thank god we have 2 more to turn things around and stop all this doom n gloom talk

#107 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,050 posts

Christ, Pavel is just as invisible as Franzen and Z.

i agree. it's like he's not on the ice at all.
Posted Image

#108 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

Wow just started watching, and seen that trip.... what a joke.

#109 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

They need to do something to light a fire under him. Maybe put him up on the trading block. None of these guys have a sense that their job is in danger.

I agree, but noone would take his hideous contract and his inconsistent play....of course Edmonton just wasted $10M on someone similar...

Wings NEED an ELITE scorer who scores consistently! Who? Dunno, but since Holland won't part with too much, we'll never see it...

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#110 DatsyukianDangles122

DatsyukianDangles122

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

I would do:
Franzen + Tatar/Nyquist + 1st + Kindl + Abdelkader
for
Nash
in a heartbeat.

#111 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

They need to do something to light a fire under him. Maybe put him up on the trading block. None of these guys have a sense that their job is in danger.

Yeah I agree, he needs a kick in the ass. I understand that sooner or later a slump was bound to happen with the wings, but with the blues rolling and not slowing down, we need to play even harder without pavs. Franzen should be doing that for all the hype he gets.

#112 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

Wings best bottom six was:

Conner - Helm - Cleary
Holmstrom - Abby - Miller

Sure I guess, but Conner is not going to be on this squad again unless the plague hits. Basically my point is that although I like Cleary but he should be on the 3rd line with Helm and I would expect Miller would be the other one since they have showed pretty good chemistry. There are many combos that could be used on the bottom 6.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#113 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,252 posts

Here's an idea on lines for the second:

Bert-Z-Fil
Miller-Helm-Abby
Franzen-Cleary-Hudler
Holm-Emmer-Murs

edit: yes, in that order....Helm deserves better! Franzen and Hudler deserve the Iron Maiden...

Edited by LeftWinger, 25 February 2012 - 07:59 PM.

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#114 redstag88

redstag88

Prospect

• 42 posts

The last 3 games have really shown the value of Pav. Glad he's on our team.

#115 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

I would do:
Franzen + Tatar/Nyquist + 1st + Kindl + Abdelkader
for
Nash
in a heartbeat.

What?

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#116 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

I agree, but noone would take his hideous contract and his inconsistent play....of course Edmonton just wasted $10M on someone similar...

Wings NEED an ELITE scorer who scores consistently! Who? Dunno, but since Holland won't part with too much, we'll never see it...

They don't have to actually trade him, just take offers. Something to make Franzen play with a little more urgency.

#117 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

Let someone throw the octopus.Maybe the Mule will think it's the Playoff's game and get his s*** together

#118 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Here's an idea on lines for the second:

Bert-Z-Fil
Miller-Helm-Abby
Franzen-Cleary-Hudler
Holm-Emmer-Murs

edit: yes, in that order....Helm deserves better! Franzen and Hudler deserve the Iron Maiden...

I agree, play the s*** out of Miller-Helm-Abby

#119 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

It seems sometimes that with the family atmosphere within the organization perhaps Holland can be a little too loyal with some of the players, none of them seem to be in fear of losing their job, esp. Mule lol; on the other hand, it would probably take too much to bring in an elite scorer so we're likely stuck with what we got for better or worse

#120 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

lol, some people on this site let their emotions get way too involved in their predictions of the future... it's like they're women or something

this period did suck though. thank god we have 2 more to turn things around and stop all this doom n gloom talk

Eeeeuuuooowww, gawd! NOT women! Face it, Bubba. There's lots of women on this board, and a lot of THEM are the ones holding the cold compresses to hot heads around here. Get real.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.