• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wing Across The Pond

Vancouver sweeping the rug?

Rate this topic

If we are still in the market for a trade, does Vancouver moving pieces around make life more difficult for us?

Per Bob McKenzie...

VAN freeing up cap space akin to OPEN FOR BIZ sign going up. Ott? Brown, if available? ;-) Even Nash if they so choose? Many possibilities.

If we target players such as Ott or Brown, is there a more than possible chance they take a team like Vancouver instead?

Discuss

EDIT: To a certain extent, true with the Rangers as well...

New Puck Daddy: Rangers trade Wojtek Wolski to Florida Panthers, clearing trade deadline cap space
Edited by Wing Across The Pond

Yes se are competing with Vancouver. They have Suter dreams, Weber dreams, all the same dreams we have.

Except they actually circled the Red Wing game on the calender weeks ago, hoping Detroit would continue the streak so they could break it. Now I've got to listen to Vancouver commercials on the radio "We love it when we beat Detroit: C'mon down and buy a new car!".

OK, so I'm from Vancouver and I despise the Canucks. I think the management is putting Ballard on "LTI" so that they can free up some cap room for a late acquisition but I don't think he is seriously injured. Something looks suspicious if you ask me. He was never a favourite of AV, Gillis gave Ballard a stupid contract. This is one way to sweep him under the rug.

One reporter - Ballard injury described as "upper salary." Out indefinitely @TSNBobMcKenzie VAN put Keith Ballard on LTIR, creates $4.2M in cap space.

Looks like Ballard is experiencing 'capcussion'.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Jimmy says:

After Friday’s practice, Red Wing goalie Jimmy Howard was asked if he saw what Burrows did after he scored against him.

“I don’t even pay attention,” Howard said of the Canucks. “They’ve got a bunch of idiots over there. There are only several good guys on that team, and they know who they are.”

Howard was matter-of-fact with his comments and said that he didn’t care if he was quoted.

OK, so I'm from Vancouver and I despise the Canucks. I think the management is putting Ballard on "LTI" so that they can free up some cap room for a late acquisition but I don't think he is seriously injured. Something looks suspicious if you ask me. He was never a favourite of AV, Gillis gave Ballard a stupid contract. This is one way to sweep him under the rug.

One reporter - Ballard injury described as "upper salary." Out indefinitely @TSNBobMcKenzie VAN put Keith Ballard on LTIR, creates $4.2M in cap space.

Looks like Ballard is experiencing 'capcussion'.

Such a joke, I heard the same thing. Still even with putting Ballard on LTIR they are going to have a hard time making a big move. They can't take on any salary and the guys that would they would be willing to trade don't send enough salary the other way ie. Schneider and Raymond.

Such a joke, I heard the same thing. Still even with putting Ballard on LTIR they are going to have a hard time making a big move. They can't take on any salary and the guys that would they would be willing to trade don't send enough salary the other way ie. Schneider and Raymond.

They can add a player without a major trade now, a player with about the same salary as Ballard ie. $4.5 mill/yr which can get you quite a few options. Ott from Dallas is thrown around.

If this is true, and we'll never know, then I think the management is sticking it to Ballard, once again. Ballard can't complain for getting paid handsomely to sit around and now paid but still, as a player I think you want to be on the ice. All of this is speculation but things look suspicious.

Edited by RedWingsRox

I don't understand the revelation of this thread.

Not only is Vancouver competing with us... but I hear there are 28 other teams competing with us. I think that is the definition of a sports league.

I would love for us to get Brown, but I think there is more to worry about from inside our franchise than outside.

When it comes down to it; you make the best deal you can live with and if someone outbids you, oh well.

I would be more worried about the Wings making a mistake for a nobody, then getting beat in a big deal.

I don't see anything major happening. Gustad seems to be our only real target, and I think that is an epic fail.