• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Neil hit on Boychuk

Rate this topic

I know he didn't, but I wish Chara would've gotten a 2, 5 and 10 minute misconduct for instigating after a clean, hard hit.

It wasn't right after but about 4 mins after the hit. Chara only got 5 for fighting ... that's the way to do it, not instigate right after but wait for the perfect moment a few mins later. Neal didn't back down, looks like he gave chara a run for his money. At the end, Chara looked like he was crying uncle.

Here it is :

Edited by RedWingsRox

You know they should make that a policy after every huge clean hit....but that'd make too much sense.

I don't think there's anything wrong with sticking up for a teammate after a huge hit. If you're going to go out of your way to pop somebody, you should expect a little flak in return. Penalizing a player for sticking up for a teammate would just suppress emotions and that leads to ridiculous chicken s*** hacking and things of that nature.

I don't think there's anything wrong with sticking up for a teammate after a huge hit. If you're going to go out of your way to pop somebody, you should expect a little flak in return. Penalizing a player for sticking up for a teammate would just suppress emotions and that leads to ridiculous chicken s*** hacking and things of that nature.

This is about what I was going to post, and to add to it, especially being Chara is the captain. Clean, Dirty, Vicious, it doesn't matter I think Chara did the right thing here. You watch your teammate get crushed like that you act now and think later.

Is one of the other boys playing too rough with the big bad Bruins? Boo hoo.

QFT.

a huge. clean hit. and it looks like Neil isn't really skating fast towards Boychuk. SOB is simply one huge rock and Boychuk should've kept his head up...

I can't say that I hate the Bruins but this serves them right. take some of your poison and swallow, dirtbags...!

as for comparisons with Kronwall... not quite... Kronwall normally nails guys with his back to make sure his arms are not hurt. watch Neil after this hit to understand why Kronner does it.

plus: on a hit like this Kronwall would probably finish with his skates launched around Boychuk's head height. Neil stays low and his feet absorb some energy. different technique, at first glance more demanding on you body than what Kronwall does.

Edited by akustyk