• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

trade idea for the summer

Rate this topic

doubt it'll ever happen but this is my thought ... if and only IF we get ryan suter signed july 1st what if we trade brendan smith to flyers who are desperate for help in the back end since pronger's likely done ... for james van riemsdyk .... he's a future star in the making ,22 yrs old 6'3 power forward .... again only if ryan suter were to be signed by the wings would i consider doing this

would anyone consider doing this move? or is smith too valuable to us

Brendan Smith will be too valuable. He will effectively be replacing Stuart next year with more offensive upside. not as good defensively, but will be a top 4 dman very quickly. his D will come in time playing under Babcock too. i doubt the flyers would trade Van Riemsdyk anyways, unless you know something i don't. i wouldn't be open to the Wings trading any of Nyquist, Smith, Jarnkrok, Sheahan, Jurco or Mrazek. I'm not big on the idea of trading Tatar, but he seems very similar to Hudler. Brendan Smith though will be a very big part of the Wings as soon as he gets to stay up. Ericsson's injury for a month may well keep Smith up on the Wings roster come playoff time if he gets a chance to play enough minutes. there's a reason Kenny dumped Commodore.

Guest Crymson

Indeed-- Yzerman's built a real winner in Tampa.

The grass is always greener on the other side... at least, it is if you're some of the horribly spoiled fans we have here.

Yzerman will be our gm soon enough.. Whenever Hollands done, he's our guy.

He won't leave Tampa for Detroit. He'd have to get fired and not have a job for this to happen IMO. I'm thinking 10+ years from now, if ever.

Toronto may be his next gig. ph34r.gif

In essence, Smith will be replacing Stuart. Hard to tell at this point who is gonna be back next year. I'll throw something out there.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Zetterberg-Filppula-Nyquist

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Miller-Emmerton-Winchester

Tatar

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Quincey

Ericsson-Smith

With Commodore gone, we'll wanna get a cheap 7th defenseman capable of stepping in when needed. I'd be happy with any one of the following:

Jim Vandermeer

Sheldon Brookbank

Shane O'Brien

Matt Carkner

Bryan Allen

He won't leave Tampa for Detroit. He'd have to get fired and not have a job for this to happen IMO. I'm thinking 10+ years from now, if ever.

Toronto may be his next gig. ph34r.gif

I thought for a while Toronto would be his first gig....but I hope he ends up in detroit, such a fairy tale ending :blush:

In essence, Smith will be replacing Stuart. Hard to tell at this point who is gonna be back next year. I'll throw something out there.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Tatar

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Quincey

Ericsson-Smith

With Commodore gone, we'll wanna get a cheap 7th defenseman capable of stepping in when needed. I'd be happy with any one of the following:

Jim Vandermeer

Sheldon Brookbank

Shane O'Brien

Matt Carkner

Bryan Allen

we will have a lot of cap room. expect a big acquisition or two. top 6 forward and top 4 dman for sure if you ask me.

I thought for a while Toronto would be his first gig....but I hope he ends up in detroit, such a fairy tale ending :blush:

so did i. i thought for sure scotty and stevie would end up there.

Edited by rage

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Tatar

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Quincey

Ericsson-Smith

Jim Vandermeer

Sheldon Brookbank

Shane O'Brien

Matt Carkner

Bryan Allen

Im quite content with Holland not overpaying today, we have a legitimate chance at winning the cup this year but we have so much security/cap space for next year if Lids and Stuart move on I think it's set up really nice. That being said (not knocking your lineup) but if all that beautiful money that we have for next year gets spent on Winchester I will lose my 20 years of patience with Mr. Holland lol

I am already looking towards next year. I am guessing with Ericsson and Datsyuk out the Wings will end up as fourth seed and be eliminated in the second round or third... a familiar scenario. It will take Datsyuk a few weeks to get back into form. There is no forward on the team playing near Datsyuk's level and he can't do it by himself. The playoff teams will double or triple cover Datsyuk. Detroit lost the last two at home and St. Louis won the last three on the road..... so much for the "easier" schedule for Detroit. The next three games for each team will determine who wins the division and St. Louis is on fire.... and they are on the road.

Anyway this is my roster for next year. You can add one big gritty forward to the mix. So far the cap total is only 61.5 mil. Brendan Smith won't be full time until the following year IMHO.

Todd Bertuzzi $2,075,000

Pavel Datsyuk $6,700,000

Johan Franzen $3,954,545

Henrik Zetterberg $6,083,333

Valtteri Filppula $3,000,000

Daniel Cleary $2,800,000

Justin Abdelkader $1,000,000

Darren Helm $1,200,000

Drew Miller $837,500

cory Emmerton $533,333

Tomas Holmstrom $1,600,000

Patrick Eaves $1,200,000

jan Mursak $550,000

Nicklas Lidstrom $6,200,000

Ian White $2,875,000

Niklas Kronwall $4,750,000

Ryan Suter $6,000,000

Jonathan Ericsson $3,250,000

Kyle Quincey $3,200,000

Jakub Kindl $883,333

Jimmy Howard $2,250,000

Joey MacDonald 550,000

What's with the lack of faith? I'd expect Flyers fans to give up on their team but I wouldn't expect to see it here. The playoffs are an entirely different monster, and already saying this year is over and you expect us to be out in the 2nd or 3rd round is pretty miserable for someone who claims to be a fan of this team. Datsyuk is a big part of this team, but he isn't the entire team, and missing three weeks isn't grounds to give up hope on the entire team's success for the rest of the season, come on now.

doubt it'll ever happen but this is my thought ... if and only IF we get ryan suter signed july 1st what if we trade brendan smith to flyers who are desperate for help in the back end since pronger's likely done ... for james van riemsdyk .... he's a future star in the making ,22 yrs old 6'3 power forward .... again only if ryan suter were to be signed by the wings would i consider doing this?

would anyone consider doing this move? or is smith too valuable to us

I would love this move. However the flyers would never make this deal. Not all teams hold our prospects in high regards like we do. Most teams Play a different system and don't rely on puck movers like we do. I'm afraid to aquire jvr it would coat us a couPle first and a prospect like jurco.

I appreciate you guys' enthusiasm, but how can you possibly want to speculate about trades right now? The deadline takes it all out of me. At this point I'd rather listen to people unnecessarily criticize Hudler and Ericsson than fantasize about future trades. I'm sure I'll change my mind in a week though...ugh.