• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Post-TDT: Red Wings stand pat, no additions

Rate this topic

Not that I ever wanted Franzen moved but I sure hope he lights it up big time in the playoffs and if we meet the Sharks again it's going to be another coin flip to choose the winner.

Franzen better light it up. He should have all the energy in the world. He's been on vacation since last May.

Ya, I am not discounting the fact that they won 23 in a row or that they are flirting with 1st overall, but, if it weren't for that win streak (which had games within it they had no business winning) this team would be out of the playoffs. The road woes, the power(less)play and the inconsistent forwards are gonna be the death of this team and just because of a magical season 4 years ago, they will get a pass. Holland missed an opportunity today to send his team a message. Play or you are not wanted here. He will spout off about the draft and the UFA day, when he does nothing again, slappies will talk about the past 20 years and how he is the best in the business because a scout (not Holland himself) found Datsyuk playing in Siberia or somewhere. If they don't win the Cup, I hope Lids hangs em up and Stuart leaves, because he aint getting Suter then we will see what is broken or not.

That explains it. You want Stuart and Lids to leave so the team gets worse. Thanks for being a fan.

:hysterical:

"Laugh it up Fuzzball" Nashville is only 6 point behind the Wings and coming strong. Wings cannot win on the road and their last 4-5 home games have been yawners that they barely won and lost the last two of...They may not be 6th, but they will be 3rd in the central.

Lack of confidence in weak wins is ridiculous? Good to know.

esteef

The fact remains the Wings pulled something off that no team has done in the history of the NHL.

Yes, weak. They have been money at home other than recently and it gets borderline strange to go after that when you could easily discuss the weaknesses of the team in much more rational ways, and with much better targets.

One thing I find annoying about people who talk negatively. They like to talk NEGATIVELY.

Helene St. James ‏ @freepwings

More #RedWings Babcock: The price for other pieces wasn't what we were willing to pay, or teams weren't willing to trade them to us.

Oh, right... teams might not be willing to trade with us to make us better. What a concept.

Absolutely incredible. Holland did nothing and gets paid to do it. Reacquiring Quincey and getting rid of Commodore? That's called "backpeddling". Nice job, Kenny. It'll be up to the season ticket holders to decide if his services (or lack of) are needed any longer. He's either a genius or has become one of the more inept, complacent GM's in the league. My guess is the latter and it's becoming more and more obvious since Bowman left.

The fact remains the Wings pulled something off that no team has done in the history of the NHL.

Yes, weak. They have been money at home other than recently and it gets borderline strange to go after that when you could easily discuss the weaknesses of the team in much more rational ways, and with much better targets.

One thing I find annoying about people who talk negatively. They like to talk NEGATIVELY.

Haha! Oh I get it, I'm not arguing good enough for you. So what?

esteef

That explains it. You want Stuart and Lids to leave so the team gets worse. Thanks for being a fan.

So is LIds gonna play forever? No... Stuart already sais he is having home-sick issues. So that being said, if they don't win it now, it won't happen for a long time from now because Holland is not gonna pay Parise or Suter so they will get worse anyhow. Besides the longer Holland keeps re-signing the same old guys, they will get worse in that regard...Thanks for wearing the Rose Colored Glasses.

Haha! Oh I get it, I'm not arguing good enough for you. So what?

esteef

No, you don't get it.

So is LIds gonna play forever? No... Stuart already sais he is having home-sick issues. So that being said, if they don't win it now, it won't happen for a long time from now because Holland is not gonna pay Parise or Suter so they will get worse anyhow. Besides the longer Holland keeps re-signing the same old guys, they will get worse in that regard...Thanks for wearing the Rose Colored Glasses.

As much as I am disappointed in the fact not much was done other than landing Quincey, how much would you realistically expect Holland to overpay for these assets that don't really address the team?

NYR offered Columbus a huge deal for Nash, an overpaid franchise player. If Columbus declined that offer, what do you think Holland would have to pony up for it?

Who dealt at the deadline would've made the Wings significantly better and able to "win it now" as you say? Jeff Carter was the ONLY top six forward dealt leading up to the trade deadline. Yeah, it might of been nice if the Wings could've added some more forward depth, but there the Wings would've had to overpay for marginal players. Did you really want to see the Wings trade an elite prospect so the Wings would've beat Nashville to have Paul Gausted playing in the bottom six for a few months? The Wings improved their defense with Quincey and other teams made depth improvements too, but not a single contender made deal thats could make them significantly better, that would counteract running into a hot team, a lucky team, or a team that is just plain playing better.

So Ken Holland stands pat.....again. Says asking prices are too high and nobody wants to deal with Detroit. Is that because we have nobody that anybody else wants or? Who did we think that Ken Holland was going to get with nothing to offer? Ken Holland couldn't dump Hudler for picks when he tried last season. Z,Pavel,and Flip are not going to be moved so what does that leave us to sell? The 3rd line has been the only line thats playing so they are safe. Cleary, Eaves, and the entire 4th line in a package would not have got us a top six sniper. This team has to be re-tooled after July 1st. Ken Holland will need to make some tough choices then. Players need to go (Cleary, Hudler, Eaves,Homer) and some brought in or brought up.

So Ken Holland stands pat.....again. Says asking prices are too high and nobody wants to deal with Detroit. Is that because we have nobody that anybody else wants or? Who did we think that Ken Holland was going to get with nothing to offer? Ken Holland couldn't dump Hudler for picks when he tried last season. Z,Pavel,and Flip are not going to be moved so what does that leave us to sell? The 3rd line has been the only line thats playing so they are safe. Cleary, Eaves, and the entire 4th line in a package would not have got us a top six sniper. This team has to be re-tooled after July 1st. Ken Holland will need to make some tough choices then. Players need to go (Cleary, Hudler, Eaves,Homer) and some brought in or brought up.

...and Ken Holland agrees with you, until July 1st comes around and then the end of summer, then he states that "We kicked the tires, made some inquiries but in the end there wasn't any asset out there that would fill our needs and we really like the re-siging of Bertuzzi, Hudler and Quincey. Patrick (Eaves) is at 100% so we also like him as our off-season acquisition..."

I DISCOUNT YOUR POINT WHILE ACTUALLY MISSING YOUR POINT ALL TOGETHER!!!!

OH YEAH WELL YOUR POINT IS WRONG BECAUSE I AM GOING TO BLOW A SMALL COMMENT OUT OF PROPORTION AND RUN WITH THAT INSTEAD OF CONSIDERING YOUR VIEW POINT!!!

OH YEAH?! WELL I CAN STRAW MAN FALLACY TOO! YOUR MOTHER WOULD LIKE MY POINT!!!

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

No, because I know Holland always trades his 1st round pick plus it would be a later pick, but yes it is considering Quincey is all he added. Quincey is not Stuart. Quincey is just barely an improvement above Kindl/Ericsson. There were players out there that were MORE WORTH overpaying for. Quincey is depth. Problem is, Holland will not spend his money on new blood come July either. He will keep his team and give them all raises...Parise and Suter will not be here in July. I would bet the house on it.

How is it an overpayment? A first rounder for a top four DMan who pks and pps and is an RFA. Sounds like a good deal. Then add to the fact he knows almost every player and knows this system.