3. Jarnkrok

4. Mrazek

5. Sheahan

6. Tatar

7. Jurco

8. Pulkkinen

9. Andersson

10. Ouellet

-Probably hang up the phone within 10 seconds unless they wow me right away in terms of offers for Smith and Nyquist.

-Probably give only %10 of my full attention for offers about Jarnkrok and Jurco.

-Probably give only %40-%50 of my full attention in regards to offers for Mrazek, Sheahan, Tatar and Ouellet.

-And I'd be open to see what's out there for Pulkkinen and Andersson.

1. Smith

2. Nyquist

3. Jarnkrok

4. Mrazek

5. Sheahan

6. Tatar

7. Jurco

8. Pulkkinen

9. Andersson

10. Ouellet

-Probably hang up the phone within 10 seconds unless they wow me right away in terms of offers for Smith and Nyquist.

-Probably give only %10 of my full attention for offers about Jarnkrok and Jurco.

-Probably give only %40-%50 of my full attention in regards to offers for Mrazek, Sheahan, Tatar and Ouellet.

As a rule, prospects are less valuable when they are a few years away from the NHL. Then consider that most of our prospects are high-risk/high-reward type players and the value drops even more. Smith and Nyquist are probably the only two who would bring a return in line with their potential. Sheahan is probably a safe bet to be at least a 3rd/4th line checker. Andersson likely no more than 12/13 forward in the NHL so his value is very low anyway. The rest could end up anywhere from star to bust.

So from our prespective, why give up a potential star for a 4th-liner? Or from the other team, why give up a known commodity for a potential bust? It would be one thing to include a prospect or two in a package for a star, but not for the type of role-players that were moved at the deadline.

Seems some people just wanted something to happen just for the sake of something happening (not necessarily you, just a general comment), so people see the lack of a move in the worst possible light. They hear a comment like Holland wasn't interested in moving prospects and assume it means every prospect, as if teams were lighting up Holland's phone offering quality roster players for Willie Coetzee and Kenny was just hanging up.

1. Smith

2. Nyquist

3. Jarnkrok

4. Mrazek

5. Sheahan

6. Tatar

7. Jurco

8. Pulkkinen

9. Andersson

10. Ouellet

I understand people love Sheahan, but all the analysis I've read has him at best being a third line grinder. Those guys are a dime a dozen. Sheahan should not be listed above Tatar. Minor quibble.

I understand people love Sheahan, but all the analysis I've read has him at best being a third line grinder. Those guys are a dime a dozen. Sheahan should not be listed above Tatar. Minor quibble.

Maybe he's highly rated within the organization because the Wings bring through fewer grinders/tough guy's than others. I'm purely guessing here since I have little, if any, knowledge about this prospect.

I was reading that teams don't like to trade with the Red Wings. They don't want to make the Wings stronger.

True story. Granted, I tend to give him a lot of grief, and I do wish he'd done something kinda sorta vaguely :yowza: -worthy on TD-Day. But yeah.

Guest Crymson

True story. Granted, I tend to give him a lot of grief, and I do wish he'd done something kinda sorta vaguely :yowza: -worthy on TD-Day. But yeah.

You do give him a lot of grief, such as that time at the 2008 trade deadline when you swore that you were done with the Wings after Holland didn't make any big moves.

Edited by Crymson

I'm confident that the most fair ceiling for him is still 2nd line center in the mold of a Jordan Staal. I'm very hesitant to say Jordan Staals are a dime a dozen.