• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Post-TDT: Red Wings stand pat, no additions

Rate this topic

...but alas, that is what he said it was banked up for, that is why he didn't go for a larger UFA last July...how many times you going to listen to his garbage and rhetoric?

He will not get Parise or Suter over the summer. He will not trade for Nash or anyone. He will draft small skilled forwards. He will tell us that "We kicked the tires, made some inquiries, but in the end we felt there wasn't anyone out there that would help our team..." God DAMN I am tired of hearing it! Overpay, just once Holland, show your team that you WANT TO ******* WIN! Your team is so inconsistent that they are going to lose 1st in the central, they may even get passed by Nashville too! You cannot win on the road, your powerplay is horrendous, now your home play has gotten abysmal, even the last three wins there were nothing to write home about...I am even betting that they lose in Columbus tomorrow...99% sure.

Get ready: Bertuzzi, Hudler, Helm, Quincey & Abdelkader are going to be his signing's. Same team, same result. f*** I am pissed!

Yeah those results have really sucked the last 20 years.

...but alas, that is what he said it was banked up for, that is why he didn't go for a larger UFA last July...how many times you going to listen to his garbage and rhetoric?

He will not get Parise or Suter over the summer. He will not trade for Nash or anyone. He will draft small skilled forwards. He will tell us that "We kicked the tires, made some inquiries, but in the end we felt there wasn't anyone out there that would help our team..." God DAMN I am tired of hearing it! Overpay, just once Holland, show your team that you WANT TO ******* WIN! Your team is so inconsistent that they are going to lose 1st in the central, they may even get passed by Nashville too! You cannot win on the road, your powerplay is horrendous, now your home play has gotten abysmal, even the last three wins there were nothing to write home about...I am even betting that they lose in Columbus tomorrow...99% sure.

Get ready: Bertuzzi, Hudler, Helm, Quincey & Abdelkader are going to be his signing's. Same team, same result. f*** I am pissed!

I think you might be overreacting.

I like the Wings in goal. Nobody is gonna outclass Jimmy in net. I like the defense and the depth on defense. With Smith and Kindl gonna see minutes going forward this is where "over-ripening" pays big dividends. Speaking of which the WIngs do have depth with NHL experience in Mursak and Emmerton. As guys who could possibly be forced into playing were there a couple injuries I feel confident the wouldn't hurt the team. They're disciplined, they practice against the best in the world and buy into the plan. I like our depth down the middle vs Vancouver. Nashville got better in that Nashville unassuming under-the-radar way. They are a nightmare second round matchup for somebody. St. Louis is dangerous as they get healthier but right now I'm not sold they are a Final contender. The Hawks better hope they play Vancouver in some of those 6-5 games they have had in the past. Odouya helps but not enough. San Jose got a couple forwards I'm just not sure they were the right kind. Time will tell. They are still dangerous but they just don't seem as imposing as in the last say, three seasons. Phoenix is that lower rung in the west you want to avoid in round 1. They play well on the road and don't allow a lot of goals.

So yeah, possible injuries aside I like the Wings chances. I like Babcock, I like the incredible fan support at Joe Louis Arena, the stunning home record, and I like that they really really wanna win another one for Nick.

I don't know who will win, but I know Detroit won't. Let me know when they hit 500 on the road.

When it comes to betting on the winner of the Stanley Cup and if a team will win it or someone else, always take the field.

It takes real faith in a team to say they will win the Stanley Cup. Sadly, we don't have many fans who have that faith.

Did you people all go to the "if it ain't broke, break it" school of philosophy? To make a move just so you can say you made a move makes no sense. Do you really care that they had room under the cap and didn't use it? Makes no sense to me. Just knowing they have the room available IF a quality player can be had means more to me. If that means RFA or FA this summer, then so be it.

Yeah those results have really sucked the last 20 years.

20 years mean nothing for this year. Besides you cannot count the years where he had unlimited funds to spend on trade day and UFA day. In this day and age if you want to edge, you must overpay a little to get it. By the end of the year Wings will be in third in the Central and about 6th in the playoffs. You guys who have faith in Franzen are in for a rude playoff. He is done, over, wasted. He got his life-long contract and is mailing it in for the duration. He had one great year and now he gets a pass for being s***ty. Yes, I am mad. Holland could have overspent today to shake his team up, to show he means business, either you come and give 150% or you are gone, adios! Oh wait, he did overpay, for Quincey and when he re-signs him, Hudler and Lidstrom over the summer, he will over pay even more! All while losing Stuart.

One thing is for sure, we need to win the Presidents Trophy if were gonna win the Cup IMO. Home ice is gonna make a huge difference, this forward group has not been able to get it done on the road the past 2 seasons. Home ice and a deeper defence (knock on wood with health issues) could change that. I'll stay positive, despite not adding, because I still believe in Howard as a Cup caliber goalie :thumbup:

Completely agree. I think getting the top seed in the West at least is imperative for the Red Wings. I'm still willing to bet the Sharks win the Pacific and finish third in the conference. If no upsets occur in the first round, it would be huge to have the Canucks play the Sharks in round two and get one of those teams out before the conference final. I wouldn't say it could never happen, but I don't like the Red Wings chances very much of having to go through both San Jose and Vancouver to win the West.

I didn't have very high expectations going into the deadline, so I'm not totally surprised Holland didn't make a move. The only trade that happened that I would have been happy with for the price is Pahlsson. I thought that was a very fair deal and Pahlsson could have been a huge upgrade as the 4th line center over Emmerton. It's a shame the Canucks, Sharks and Predators all got better today, but I can't be too upset when Paul Gaustad goes for a first rounder.

I will say this about having so much cap space though: it was fine the Red Wings didn't overpay last summer in a weak class. I applaud Holland for not throwing out horrible deals and compromising the Red Wings short-term ability to pursue better talent. That being said, I will be very disappointed if the Red Wings don't go balls out for Parise and Suter this summer provided both make it to free agency. I know their trademark is to try and sign players under market value, but there needs to be exceptions when the players are right. This team desperately needs a goal-scorer no matter what and a top-pairing d-man should Nick retire. I can tolerate the "right deal wasn't there" from Holland at the deadline, but there's no excuse to not spend that money in July, especially when no assets need to be given up in free agency.

20 years mean nothing for this year. Besides you cannot count the years where he had unlimited funds to spend on trade day and UFA day. In this day and age if you want to edge, you must overpay a little to get it. By the end of the year Wings will be in third in the Central and about 6th in the playoffs. You guys who have faith in Franzen are in for a rude playoff. He is done, over, wasted. He got his life-long contract and is mailing it in for the duration. He had one great year and now he gets a pass for being s***ty. Yes, I am mad. Holland could have overspent today to shake his team up, to show he means business, either you come and give 150% or you are gone, adios! Oh wait, he did overpay, for Quincey and when he re-signs him, Hudler and Lidstrom over the summer, he will over pay even more! All while losing Stuart.

A late round pick for the rights to a defenseman who can improve the team and was brought up in Detroit's system is an overpayment?

Come on now.

Deadline day is overrated. Other than Carter and Quincey, the only players that got moved this year, like other years, are bottom 6 forwards, and 5th and 6th defense men. It's been that way since the lockout, but every year TSN and Sportsnet sucks us all in to thinking it'll be like it was before the lockout.

Seriously, I looked over the list of guys who got traded, other than Carter, there really wasn't anyone traded that was better than who we already have. Most of those guys traded were over valued, and the teams that got them lost the deal because they gave up to much. It wasn't worth it.

Also, don't forget, the Wings didn't stand pat, Holland got Quincey last week.

Did you people all go to the "if it ain't broke, break it" school of philosophy? To make a move just so you can say you made a move makes no sense. Do you really care that they had room under the cap and didn't use it? Makes no sense to me. Just knowing they have the room available IF a quality player can be had means more to me. If that means RFA or FA this summer, then so be it.

What's not broke? The power play? The road record? Inconsitent and lack of interest players? It is broke. If it wasn't for the win streak at home and if they played more like the average team at home, this team would be out of the playoffs right now. The ONLY constants on this team is Datsyuk, Helm, Abby, Lids and Howard. The rest? Broke...

If a move had happened, you'd all be complaining about how we paid too much for it. This is precisely why Holland didn't pull the trigger on any deals. But now you are complaining about how we made no trades. You can't have it both ways. I'm sure viable offensive options were investigated and found to be suboptimal to the asking price.

Only with the Red Wings would you find fans complaining about the line-up when we're jockeying for first in the league. Have more faith in your boys. It'll be an interesting year, I think.

A late round pick for the rights to a defenseman who can improve the team and was brought up in Detroit's system is an overpayment?

Come on now.

No, because I know Holland always trades his 1st round pick plus it would be a later pick, but yes it is considering Quincey is all he added. Quincey is not Stuart. Quincey is just barely an improvement above Kindl/Ericsson. There were players out there that were MORE WORTH overpaying for. Quincey is depth. Problem is, Holland will not spend his money on new blood come July either. He will keep his team and give them all raises...Parise and Suter will not be here in July. I would bet the house on it.

Guest Crymson

I don't know who will win, but I know Detroit won't. Let me know when they hit 500 on the road.

I'm sure you could come up with reasons why every team will lose. It's far easier to predict that a team will lose in the playoffs. Come back when you can tell me which team will win.

What's not broke? The power play? The road record? Inconsitent and lack of interest players? It is broke. If it wasn't for the win streak at home and if they played more like the average team at home, this team would be out of the playoffs right now. The ONLY constants on this team is Datsyuk, Helm, Abby, Lids and Howard. The rest? Broke...

And some of those wins were the "pull it out of their ass" variety in OT or shootout after they looked like s*** for at least 2 periods. But yeah, we won 23 in a row... :rolleyes:

esteef

Team chemistry, especially when things are tenuous. To bring in any one of the players that were moved would have done what for the wings? Oh that's right, would's fixed everything that is wrong. Good luck with that...

Ok so they didn't add anything, Gaustad for a first rounder is to much, but why get rid of depth on D for nothing?

Respect for the player? Letting Commodore go to TB gives him the chance to play.

Besides, that conditional 7th rounder we got from Tampa will be our next Z. :ph34r:

Deadline day is overrated. Other than Carter and Quincey, the only players that got moved this year, like other years, are bottom 6 forwards, and 5th and 6th defense men. It's been that way since the lockout, but every year TSN and Sportsnet sucks us all in to thinking it'll be like it was before the lockout.

Seriously, I looked over the list of guys who got traded, other than Carter, there really wasn't anyone traded that was better than who we already have. Most of those guys traded were over valued, and the teams that got them lost the deal because they gave up to much. It wasn't worth it.

Also, don't forget, the Wings didn't stand pat, Holland got Quincey last week.

Oh, and I'm sure Quincey is gonna make all the difference in the world. Are you kidding? Just another marginal player or Holland wouldn't have gotten rid of 'em in the first place.

And some of those wins were the "pull it out of their ass" variety in OT or shootout after they looked like s*** for at least 2 periods. But yeah, we won 23 in a row... :rolleyes:

esteef

Ya, I am not discounting the fact that they won 23 in a row or that they are flirting with 1st overall, but, if it weren't for that win streak (which had games within it they had no business winning) this team would be out of the playoffs. The road woes, the power(less)play and the inconsistent forwards are gonna be the death of this team and just because of a magical season 4 years ago, they will get a pass. Holland missed an opportunity today to send his team a message. Play or you are not wanted here. He will spout off about the draft and the UFA day, when he does nothing again, slappies will talk about the past 20 years and how he is the best in the business because a scout (not Holland himself) found Datsyuk playing in Siberia or somewhere. If they don't win the Cup, I hope Lids hangs em up and Stuart leaves, because he aint getting Suter then we will see what is broken or not.