• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#101 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Not that I ever wanted Franzen moved but I sure hope he lights it up big time in the playoffs and if we meet the Sharks again it's going to be another coin flip to choose the winner.

#102 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Holland doing nothing at the trade deadline? Playoff rivals getting tougher at "unreasonable" asking prices?

In other news, water wet, sky blue.

#103 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

Not that I ever wanted Franzen moved but I sure hope he lights it up big time in the playoffs and if we meet the Sharks again it's going to be another coin flip to choose the winner.

Franzen better light it up. He should have all the energy in the world. He's been on vacation since last May.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#104 SidAbelsSon

SidAbelsSon

Rookie

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Ya, I am not discounting the fact that they won 23 in a row or that they are flirting with 1st overall, but, if it weren't for that win streak (which had games within it they had no business winning) this team would be out of the playoffs. The road woes, the power(less)play and the inconsistent forwards are gonna be the death of this team and just because of a magical season 4 years ago, they will get a pass. Holland missed an opportunity today to send his team a message. Play or you are not wanted here. He will spout off about the draft and the UFA day, when he does nothing again, slappies will talk about the past 20 years and how he is the best in the business because a scout (not Holland himself) found Datsyuk playing in Siberia or somewhere. If they don't win the Cup, I hope Lids hangs em up and Stuart leaves, because he aint getting Suter then we will see what is broken or not.

That explains it. You want Stuart and Lids to leave so the team gets worse. Thanks for being a fan.

#105 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Way to miss the point entirely.

esteef

Your "point" was ridiculous.

Posted Image

#106 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Your "point" was ridiculous.

Lack of confidence in weak wins is ridiculous? Good to know.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#107 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

So we are down Lidstrom, Quincey, and Ericsson and Kenny decides it's time to unload Commodore for a pick as a deadline move. I really don't understand why this deal was made today instead of the offseason.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#108 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,624 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

:hysterical:

"Laugh it up Fuzzball" Nashville is only 6 point behind the Wings and coming strong. Wings cannot win on the road and their last 4-5 home games have been yawners that they barely won and lost the last two of...They may not be 6th, but they will be 3rd in the central.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#109 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

Lack of confidence in weak wins is ridiculous? Good to know.

esteef

The fact remains the Wings pulled something off that no team has done in the history of the NHL.

Yes, weak. They have been money at home other than recently and it gets borderline strange to go after that when you could easily discuss the weaknesses of the team in much more rational ways, and with much better targets.

One thing I find annoying about people who talk negatively. They like to talk NEGATIVELY.

Posted Image

#110 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

Helene St. James ‏ @freepwings

More #RedWings Babcock: The price for other pieces wasn't what we were willing to pay, or teams weren't willing to trade them to us.

Oh, right... teams might not be willing to trade with us to make us better. What a concept.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#111 Winged Wheel

Winged Wheel

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

Absolutely incredible. Holland did nothing and gets paid to do it. Reacquiring Quincey and getting rid of Commodore? That's called "backpeddling". Nice job, Kenny. It'll be up to the season ticket holders to decide if his services (or lack of) are needed any longer. He's either a genius or has become one of the more inept, complacent GM's in the league. My guess is the latter and it's becoming more and more obvious since Bowman left.

#112 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

The fact remains the Wings pulled something off that no team has done in the history of the NHL.

Yes, weak. They have been money at home other than recently and it gets borderline strange to go after that when you could easily discuss the weaknesses of the team in much more rational ways, and with much better targets.

One thing I find annoying about people who talk negatively. They like to talk NEGATIVELY.

Haha! Oh I get it, I'm not arguing good enough for you. So what?

esteef

#113 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,624 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

That explains it. You want Stuart and Lids to leave so the team gets worse. Thanks for being a fan.

So is LIds gonna play forever? No... Stuart already sais he is having home-sick issues. So that being said, if they don't win it now, it won't happen for a long time from now because Holland is not gonna pay Parise or Suter so they will get worse anyhow. Besides the longer Holland keeps re-signing the same old guys, they will get worse in that regard...Thanks for wearing the Rose Colored Glasses.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#114 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Haha! Oh I get it, I'm not arguing good enough for you. So what?

esteef

No, you don't get it.

So is LIds gonna play forever? No... Stuart already sais he is having home-sick issues. So that being said, if they don't win it now, it won't happen for a long time from now because Holland is not gonna pay Parise or Suter so they will get worse anyhow. Besides the longer Holland keeps re-signing the same old guys, they will get worse in that regard...Thanks for wearing the Rose Colored Glasses.

As much as I am disappointed in the fact not much was done other than landing Quincey, how much would you realistically expect Holland to overpay for these assets that don't really address the team?

NYR offered Columbus a huge deal for Nash, an overpaid franchise player. If Columbus declined that offer, what do you think Holland would have to pony up for it?

Posted Image

#115 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

So we are down Lidstrom, Quincey, and Ericsson and Kenny decides it's time to unload Commodore for a pick as a deadline move. I really don't understand why this deal was made today instead of the offseason.

ZOMG FAIR WEATHER FAN!!!!!
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#116 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

No, you don't get it.

Or you don't.

esteef

#117 HenryMalredo

HenryMalredo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Who dealt at the deadline would've made the Wings significantly better and able to "win it now" as you say? Jeff Carter was the ONLY top six forward dealt leading up to the trade deadline. Yeah, it might of been nice if the Wings could've added some more forward depth, but there the Wings would've had to overpay for marginal players. Did you really want to see the Wings trade an elite prospect so the Wings would've beat Nashville to have Paul Gausted playing in the bottom six for a few months? The Wings improved their defense with Quincey and other teams made depth improvements too, but not a single contender made deal thats could make them significantly better, that would counteract running into a hot team, a lucky team, or a team that is just plain playing better.

#118 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

This is all F.Michael's fault.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#119 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

So Ken Holland stands pat.....again. Says asking prices are too high and nobody wants to deal with Detroit. Is that because we have nobody that anybody else wants or? Who did we think that Ken Holland was going to get with nothing to offer? Ken Holland couldn't dump Hudler for picks when he tried last season. Z,Pavel,and Flip are not going to be moved so what does that leave us to sell? The 3rd line has been the only line thats playing so they are safe. Cleary, Eaves, and the entire 4th line in a package would not have got us a top six sniper. This team has to be re-tooled after July 1st. Ken Holland will need to make some tough choices then. Players need to go (Cleary, Hudler, Eaves,Homer) and some brought in or brought up.

#120 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

Well...

this seems to be the theme of the day. Yawn.

Edited by Majsheppard, 27 February 2012 - 06:31 PM.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.