Photo
- - - - -

Post-TDT: Red Wings stand pat, no additions

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#121 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

So Ken Holland stands pat.....again. Says asking prices are too high and nobody wants to deal with Detroit. Is that because we have nobody that anybody else wants or? Who did we think that Ken Holland was going to get with nothing to offer? Ken Holland couldn't dump Hudler for picks when he tried last season. Z,Pavel,and Flip are not going to be moved so what does that leave us to sell? The 3rd line has been the only line thats playing so they are safe. Cleary, Eaves, and the entire 4th line in a package would not have got us a top six sniper. This team has to be re-tooled after July 1st. Ken Holland will need to make some tough choices then. Players need to go (Cleary, Hudler, Eaves,Homer) and some brought in or brought up.

...and Ken Holland agrees with you, until July 1st comes around and then the end of summer, then he states that "We kicked the tires, made some inquiries but in the end there wasn't any asset out there that would fill our needs and we really like the re-siging of Bertuzzi, Hudler and Quincey. Patrick (Eaves) is at 100% so we also like him as our off-season acquisition..."

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#122 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

I DISCOUNT YOUR POINT WHILE ACTUALLY MISSING YOUR POINT ALL TOGETHER!!!!

OH YEAH WELL YOUR POINT IS WRONG BECAUSE I AM GOING TO BLOW A SMALL COMMENT OUT OF PROPORTION AND RUN WITH THAT INSTEAD OF CONSIDERING YOUR VIEW POINT!!!

OH YEAH?! WELL I CAN STRAW MAN FALLACY TOO! YOUR MOTHER WOULD LIKE MY POINT!!!

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#123 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

No, because I know Holland always trades his 1st round pick plus it would be a later pick, but yes it is considering Quincey is all he added. Quincey is not Stuart. Quincey is just barely an improvement above Kindl/Ericsson. There were players out there that were MORE WORTH overpaying for. Quincey is depth. Problem is, Holland will not spend his money on new blood come July either. He will keep his team and give them all raises...Parise and Suter will not be here in July. I would bet the house on it.

How is it an overpayment? A first rounder for a top four DMan who pks and pps and is an RFA. Sounds like a good deal. Then add to the fact he knows almost every player and knows this system.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#124 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

How is it an overpayment? A first rounder for a top four DMan who pks and pps and is an RFA. Sounds like a good deal. Then add to the fact he knows almost every player and knows this system.

Well hell, we should have given Steve 2 1st rounders for all that!

#125 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

what it comes down to is:

Q: in the near-term, did the Canucks and Sharks get better at the deadline?
A: yes they did.

#126 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Wings not that desperate + prices were too high, what part of that is so hard to understand?
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#127 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

Add me to the disappointed crew. This team needed serious upgrading and we did nothing. Thank Goodness the Tigers will be starting in April, cause the Wings will be done in the second week of April. This team had 4 players that actually show up each night, so whatever Holland. If I were Lidstrom I wouldn't come back to this next season. Oh well the 20 year ride has been fun. GOOOOO TIGERS. What a complete Joke. How can anyone watch this team the last 2 or 3 months and actually be impressed??? Seriously?? We SUCK On the road and I mean SUCK, we barely pull games out at home (until recently)and lets face the only line producing now is the third line. WTF!! Season Over, sorry guys and gals. I can honestly say I won't be disappointed when we get KO'd in round 1.

#128 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

Add me to the disappointed crew. This team needed serious upgrading and we did nothing. Thank Goodness the Tigers will be starting in April, cause the Wings will be done in the second week of April. This team had 4 players that actually show up each night, so whatever Holland. If I were Lidstrom I wouldn't come back to this next season. Oh well the 20 year ride has been fun. GOOOOO TIGERS. What a complete Joke. How can anyone watch this team the last 2 or 3 months and actually be impressed??? Seriously?? We SUCK On the road and I mean SUCK, we barely pull games out at home (until recently)and lets face the only line producing now is the third line. WTF!! Season Over, sorry guys and gals. I can honestly say I won't be disappointed when we get KO'd in round 1.

Holy bitchfest, batman.

I don't think we can make it with this roster either, but damn. You guys act like you lost your jobs or something.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#129 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

U mad bro?

Dude, you should seriously consider unplugging and getting a spa treatment come UFA day this summer. From what I've seen today and last July, you're going to blow a vessel one of these deadlines.

I think you might be overreacting.

Sadly, this is very toned down for Left Winger, you should go back and read some of the stuff he wrote a few years ago at the trade deadline.

That is not what it comes down to, the Wings could have vastly improved in the near-term had they traded every prospect and pick that they had. To look at it so simplistically is very near-sighted.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#130 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

Wings not that desperate + prices were too high, what part of that is so hard to understand?

The problem is even if all the teams competing with the Wings got marginally better, with the parity in the top 8, there isn't much room for error. If the Wings win the Cup Holland looks like a genius, if they get bounced early, he will be crucified. In my opinion Holland should have addressed the need for a forward long before the deadline, because there tends be better bargains, but failing that, standing pat today is probably the worst case scenario. Ask me the first week of June if he was right, right night I think he wasn't but, I am willing to wait it out.

Edited by Shaman464, 27 February 2012 - 07:02 PM.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#131 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

:ranting: BUT THEY DID NOT DO WHAT **I** WANTED THEM TOOOOOOO!!!! :ranting:
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#132 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

The problem is even if all the teams competing with the Wings got marginally better, with the parity in the top 8, there isn't much room for error. If the Wings win the Cup Holland looks like a genius, if they get bounced early, he will be crucified. In my opinion Holland should have addressed the need for a forward long before the deadline, because there tends be better bargains, but failing that, standing pat today is probably the worst case scenario. Ask me the first week of June if he was right, right night I think he wasn't but, I am willing to wait it out.

Our crop of forwards helped us win 23 straight home games, i don't see where there is a need there, you aren't factoring in that there is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE amount of parity in the league. If you don't like it then ***** about the 3 pt system and the salary cap and not about holland.

baseball is f***in stupid.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#133 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

Worst part of this whole thing is, not Holland tucking his penis between his legs and pretending to be a girl, but the fact that when St. Louis overtakes Detroit in the central, we all have to put up cprice12 for the rest of the season!

#134 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

Worst part of this whole thing is, not Holland tucking his penis between his legs and pretending to be a girl, but the fact that when St. Louis overtakes Detroit in the central, we all have to put up cprice12 for the rest of the season!

What the hell did St. Louis acquire today that suddenly makes them better than the Red Wings?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#135 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

What the hell did St. Louis acquire today that suddenly makes them better than the Red Wings?

Nothing, but they are coming fast as is Nashville...Detroit slumping at home, Datsyuk out, defensemen hurt, horrible road team, unmotivated forwards in the top 6. There is no doubt, St. Louis will pass us up.

#136 mmorland

mmorland

SRD Writer, Broadcaster

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

lgw live podcast on now - www.letsgowingsmedia.com
"I can't believe I shook this guys frickin' hand. We lost and I'm pissed off. But to see Kris Draper's face makes me sick. I didn't see his face until after the game, but his face is turned sideways. If the league doesn't do something about that ... I mean that's ridiculous. He could have broken his fricken neck."

-Dino Ciccarelli

#137 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

wish i had more +1s so i could +1 every LeftWinger post.

absolutely killing it in here.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#138 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

They didn't get one damn thing but they don't seem to have a problem getting guys to compete every night. They as are the Preds and the Nucks very hungrey teams. We needed some of that injected into this line up.

#139 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Attached File  images.jpg   7.12KB   15 downloads

Kenny Holland on Deadline Day!

...man does laughing feel good!

#140 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Agree,but did the Wings get better at the deadline?

yes they did ;)

Quincey+Smith > Commie+Kindl