• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Funny comment I heard from the TradeCenter stream on TSN. First Ganger was in a lot of trade discussion, until he had his 8 point night against Chicago. Then LA was considering trading Brown, until he got his Hat-trick the other night against Chicago. Then last night, when Chicago had a shot at dealing a blow to Anaheim's playoff chances which could have led to some deadline moves, they blew it and Anaheim stuck in the race for the 8th spot. So this lackluster trade deadline is obviously all Chicago's fault :hehe:

Posted Image

#2 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

This is the best thing i've read all day.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#3 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Yea I heard them say that, Kinda true. They also killed my fantasy considering I have. Kane, Sharp and Stalberg... lol

I posted this in the other thread but I believe this is the true reason

As disappointing as this deadline has been, I believe the Standings and the NHL's 3 point system is to blame. As of right now there are so many teams in the Hunt cause of Overtime losses and the extra point it lowers the sellers and drives the prices up.

Three Point System__________________Two Points System
Capitals - 1 pt______________________ Florida - 2 pts
Leafs -3 pts ________________________ Leafs - 2 pts
Lightning - 6 pts____________________Tampa - 4 pts
Sabres - 6 pts_______________________Sabres - 6 pts
Islanders - 8pts _____________________Islanders - 8 pts

LA - 2 pts___________________________Avs - 0 pts
Avs - 2 pts__________________________LA - 8 pts
Flames - 3 pts______________________Flames - 8 pts
Wild - 5 pts ________________________Wild - 8 pts
Ducks 6 pts ________________________Ducks - 10 pts

Posted Image

I believe that if the standings were in a 2 point system that teams like Calgary, Anaheim, Minnasota and LA might be more willing to sell. Im also still very surprised that NYI wasnt in a selllers mode

Edited by Crashnburnluder, 27 February 2012 - 04:48 PM.

#4 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Isles weren't sellers because Staios, Parentau, and Montoya were their only pieces to sell. Nabokov has a NMC and the Isles are looking to re-sign him anyway.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#5 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

I agree this was a very dull deadline and I also agree that it's probably Chicago's fault. NONE of the bigger names that have been floating around moved today.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#6 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:20 PM

I would agree but I kind of blame Chicago for anything trivial.

#7 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:22 AM

Isles weren't sellers because Staios, Parentau, and Montoya were their only pieces to sell. Nabokov has a NMC and the Isles are looking to re-sign him anyway.

Yea but I don't think Nabby would turn down moving if he was getting a starting job for a playoff team, but I do realize the isles are trying to keep him. I'm also gonna assume the price for PA Parenteu had to be Asdsnine due to the prices. I thinks why there wasnt one legit offensive forward traded...

#8 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Yea but I don't think Nabby would turn down moving if he was getting a starting job for a playoff team, but I do realize the isles are trying to keep him. I'm also gonna assume the price for PA Parenteu had to be Asdsnine due to the prices. I thinks why there wasnt one legit offensive forward traded...

There's no way Nabakov stays in NYI unless no other team wants him. The guy is just fulfilling his contract obligations so he can bolt. He's too talented to stay there and he knows it.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#9 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

I would agree but I kind of blame Chicago for anything trivial.

same here haha, I still blame Chicago for communism and Twilight