• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Lackluster Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

Funny comment I heard from the TradeCenter stream on TSN. First Ganger was in a lot of trade discussion, until he had his 8 point night against Chicago. Then LA was considering trading Brown, until he got his Hat-trick the other night against Chicago. Then last night, when Chicago had a shot at dealing a blow to Anaheim's playoff chances which could have led to some deadline moves, they blew it and Anaheim stuck in the race for the 8th spot. So this lackluster trade deadline is obviously all Chicago's fault :hehe:

Yea I heard them say that, Kinda true. They also killed my fantasy considering I have. Kane, Sharp and Stalberg... lol

I posted this in the other thread but I believe this is the true reason

As disappointing as this deadline has been, I believe the Standings and the NHL's 3 point system is to blame. As of right now there are so many teams in the Hunt cause of Overtime losses and the extra point it lowers the sellers and drives the prices up.

Three Point System__________________Two Points System

Capitals - 1 pt______________________ Florida - 2 pts

Leafs -3 pts ________________________ Leafs - 2 pts

Lightning - 6 pts____________________Tampa - 4 pts

Sabres - 6 pts_______________________Sabres - 6 pts

Islanders - 8pts _____________________Islanders - 8 pts

LA - 2 pts___________________________Avs - 0 pts

Avs - 2 pts__________________________LA - 8 pts

Flames - 3 pts______________________Flames - 8 pts

Wild - 5 pts ________________________Wild - 8 pts

Ducks 6 pts ________________________Ducks - 10 pts

Picture3-1.png

I believe that if the standings were in a 2 point system that teams like Calgary, Anaheim, Minnasota and LA might be more willing to sell. Im also still very surprised that NYI wasnt in a selllers mode

Edited by Crashnburnluder

Isles weren't sellers because Staios, Parentau, and Montoya were their only pieces to sell. Nabokov has a NMC and the Isles are looking to re-sign him anyway.

Yea but I don't think Nabby would turn down moving if he was getting a starting job for a playoff team, but I do realize the isles are trying to keep him. I'm also gonna assume the price for PA Parenteu had to be Asdsnine due to the prices. I thinks why there wasnt one legit offensive forward traded...

Yea but I don't think Nabby would turn down moving if he was getting a starting job for a playoff team, but I do realize the isles are trying to keep him. I'm also gonna assume the price for PA Parenteu had to be Asdsnine due to the prices. I thinks why there wasnt one legit offensive forward traded...

There's no way Nabakov stays in NYI unless no other team wants him. The guy is just fulfilling his contract obligations so he can bolt. He's too talented to stay there and he knows it.