• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

Especially thinking you were going to get traded, having this come out, and having to face your fans and teammates.

His teamates obviously already knew. If the fans get all pissed just now, over this one specific announcement, then it just proves that they're idiots who don't really know anything about hockey. As pointed out earlier, he has a NMC, so the fact that he was being shopped with the NMC is exactly the same as him saying "I want out". So it should have already been obvious to everyone that he asked to be traded.

#42 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

There is a difference though between lusting and sinning, the latter the impulse Sather ultimately resisted by rejecting Howson's laughable demand the package include Dubinsky plus either Ryan McDonagh or Michael Del Zotto plus either Derek Stepan or Carl Hagelin plus 2009 first-rounder Chris Kreider, the Boston College winger who conceivably could join the Rangers when his college season ends plus a 2012 first-round selection

So what would be a similar package from the Wings to that?
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#43 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

So what would be a similar package from the Wings to that?

Filppula, Nyquist, Callahan, Smith, 1st rounder in 2013. Is that worth giving up when you can just sign Parise on July 1st? I don't think it is.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#44 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

Aren't the Columbus fans already unhappy with management?

This sure shouldn't help matters. I can't blame Nash for asking to be traded. They've been in the league 11 seasons and made the playoffs exactly once. That's the only season they finished above .500. And they've gotten a top 10 pick in the draft every season but one.

#45 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

nash addressed the media this morning after the morning skate :

http://video.nhl.com...vid=DL|NHL|home

#46 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Howson should not have told everyone that it was Nash who demanded a trade. What's the point? Howson has proven to be a very inept GM. Did ownership force him to sign Wisniewski and Carter? I don't know. It may be a similar situation in Columbus as it seems to be in Chicago. I get the sense that Stan Bowman is also a puppet. Anyway, Howson knows that his job is on the line with this Nash trade. If the rumoured players from the Kings, Leafs, Rangers, Sharks, etc are true, then why should Howson make a trade? If I'm Howson, I at least need a teams best prospect to sell my fanbase on this trade. You have Sather saying he will not give up Kreider or McDeonaugh. Wilson says he will not give up Couture. Heck even Burke says he will not give up Gardiner. Well then no wonder they didn't get Nash! Howson doesn't have to make a trade just for the sense of making a trade here. Nash has 6 years left on his contract and is only 27 years old. He is one of the best scoring wingers in the game and Howson is suppose to take a bunch of B level prospects for him? Give me a break! If no team offers fair value for Nash then keep him. Plus making it even harder for Howson, he has to adhere to Nash's wish list of 5 or so teams. Talk about limiting yourself. The said teams on his LIST all know this and it's essentially why there have been so many lowball offers. Keep Nash until a GM is willing to be realistic. If not then keep him. That's what I'd do.

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 28 February 2012 - 02:13 PM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#47 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

if you listen to the interview Nash sends pretty obvious message: this management is s***ty, the team, city, fans and he himself deserves better. he's making it a bit to "bright" and trying not good enough to hide his own desire to get out of the mess, but he clearly repeats that the ask for trade was for the good of "team, city, fans and myself" blatantly and continuously omitting any mention of management. and he's not trying to be overly political and nice so you get pretty obvious impression that he's not happy with the situation.

I think it has something to do with him simply wanting to get out and playing some real hockey in playoffs. he probably thought it's gonna happen and now is sore it didn't work out and even got out to the public. can't blame him for this, although he could be a little bit more political about this thing.

Howson going public with "it was him"... is pretty classless here and smells a lot like a guy trying to save his a$$ when his whole resume is 1 playoff appearance in more than 10 seasons. even Maple Leafs achieved more in this time...

#48 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

...even the Maple Leafs

haha

Edited by wolverine1817, 28 February 2012 - 05:06 PM.