• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/28 GDT : Red Wings 5 at Blue Jackets 2

Rate this topic

Quincey out tonight too! Janik taking Lidstroms spot I guess! Would like to see smith get those minutes to see what he can do!

Here is the lineup via Winging it in Motown:

Henrik Zetterberg -- Valtteri Filppula -- Jiri Hudler

Danny Cleary -- Justin Abdelkader -- Todd Bertuzzi

Johan Franzen -- Darren Helm -- Drew Miller

Jan Mursak -- Cory Emmerton -- Tomas Holmstrom

*Doug Janik -- Ian White

Niklas Kronwall -- Brad Stuart

Jakub Kindl -- Brendan Smith

Jimmy Howard (starting)

Joey MacDonald

I'm having flashbacks to 2010 looking at that lineup. Interesting to see Franzen on the third line. Let's see how long that lasts. To be honest I don't have a good feeling about tonight. Logically we should trounce Columbus, but we've been down this road before with terrible teams...

so,

no datsyuk

no lidstrom

macdonald starting

throw in the wings' play against terrible teams this year, and i'd say it's a 4-1 columbus victory tonight.

i do like the fraznen demotion. if only babcock had the balls to stick with it or actually bench him. the reality is that he'll be off the 3rd line in no time.

Good thing your useless predictions don't hold any weight around here or we would go 0-82.

Here's hoping the Flip/Hank/Huds line can break the trend of only scoring at home, and that the newly formed lines can find some chemistry. I actually like the way the lines were put together considering who we are missing, maybe Franzen can learn how to skate again by playing on a line with Helm and Miller, and that line of Cleary/Abby/Bert could have a great game crashing the net. This is about as ideal as the Wings could ask for to break out of their recent mini-slump, but they have to want it. I just hope they want it as bad as we fans want it for them.

Guest stinky fish taco

I'd like to see Bert throw some fists tonight

I'd like to see him throw fists any night

I'd like to see anybody throw fists any night

I like fights

abdelkader will throw his face into someone's fist...does that count?

I know Columbus is awful but why sit Howard

because howard didn't play well on saturday?

Edited by stinky fish taco

Was he really that bad? The gwg wasn't his fault, the first one was set up because of an unfortunate bounce off of a skate, and the second one was because of a turnover directly in front of him.... I mean, I wasn't as focused in the game as I usually am seeing as I was visiting with friends I haven't seen in a little bit... but it didn't look like Howard was that s***ty

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

gonna be a good test for them tonight.

i wonder if Lebda will be playing tonight... :hehe::tease:

Guest stinky fish taco

Was he really that bad? The gwg wasn't his fault, the first one was set up because of an unfortunate bounce off of a skate, and the second one was because of a turnover directly in front of him.... I mean, I wasn't as focused in the game as I usually am seeing as I was visiting with friends I haven't seen in a little bit... but it didn't look like Howard was that s***ty

you're right. he wasn't that bad, but he wasn't that good, either.

he's also lost 3 in a row. probably just trying to mix it up a bit.

Guest Jordan Baker

It's not like the team really gave Jimmy a chance in the past three games. Excited to see the young guys in the line up tonight though, and hopefully Joey can win another one. Hopefully Franzen meshes well with the 3rd line and the top 2 lines decide to show up before the 3rd period.

Also it seems like Nash isn't as down in the dumps as everyone is hoping he will be. Hopefully CBJ doesn't use the drama as a rallying point. I need some Red Wings wins in the near future.

Nash needs to go into politics.

The Wings WILL win tonight. I wore my unlucky shirt yesterday, so it is not touching whatever shirt I will be wearing today. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, the bad luck can pass on to the Wings even if I don't actually touch the shirt on game day, as opposed to what was previously thought. It also wicks through the other, innocent shirts and bespoils the Wings efforts. No more. It has been banished. The Wings WILL win tonight.

Mule, Kronner, Miller, Janik

Nash

Edited by 55fan

Lol its Griffins night in Columbus. Looks to me they are just giving up on this game TBH. Why not call up some more kids.

it is the freking blue jackets, they freaking suck, yeah there is a possibility we could lose, you can lose to any team on any given night, but they have a bit more leeway seeing that columbus is horrible.

so we have the Grand Rapids Griffins on D tonight....

God, I hope the PP can get going

2 out of 6 isn't majority so no

hopefully franzen will play like he did the first years. with grit and hardwork.

why is emmerton and homer always playing? much rather see guys like eaves, tatar, nyqvist, andersson and conner.

Edited by matemate

hopefully franzen will play like he did the first years. with grit and hardwork.

why is emmerton and homer always playing? much rather se guys like eaves, tatar, nyuqvist, andersson and conner.

Eaves is still injured. However I too like what Connor offers. I think with such a depleted lineup, we cannot rely on Tatar, Ny and Andersson yet. They need to play when they have proper support.

Edited by Danielsm

why is emmerton and homer always playing? much rather see guys like eaves, tatar, nyqvist, andersson and conner.

homer has tenure and Emmerton has actuly played pretty well. If anything Mursak is the one that should be swapped out with one of these guys, i dont' think most people expected Emmerton to play this well.

I know the Wings are missing quite a few key guys in this one, but honestly, Columbus just traded away Vermette and Carter so who's going to score goals for them other than a (who I expect to be, at least) completely unmotivated Nash? I still think the Wings come away with the win because of the new guys and being hungry for a win on the road.

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 3-game losing streak (1 shootout)

Away: 3-game losing streak (1 shootout)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Columbus

Overall: 1-game winning streak (shootout)

Away: 1-game losing streak

Last Ten Games, Current Regular-Season

Overall: 6W-2L-0OTL-2SOL

Away: 5W-4L-0OTL-1SOL

Last Ten Games, Historical Regular-Season v. Columbus

Overall: 7W-2L-0OTL-1SOL

Away: 5W-2L-2OTL-1SOL

Home Games / Away Games

This is a single away game

Record v. Columbus

All-time, Overall v. Columbus

66G: 47W-120L-1T-0RT-2OTL-4SOL

All-time, Away v. Columbus

33G: 21W-7L-1T-0RT-2OTL-2SOL

Season Record v. Columbus

This is the fourth, of six games v. Columbus this season. The Club's record in the previous three games:

2W-1L

This is the second, of three, away games v. Columbus this season. The Club's record in the previous game:

1L

Record on this Day

February 28

This is the 37th regular-season game played on this day. The Club's record in the previous 36 games:

18W-15L-3T

This is the 1st regular-season games v. Columbus played on this day

LGW.

Tonight's Officials

Referees Greg Kimmerly (18); Chris Rooney (5) Linesmen Scott Driscoll (68); Michel Cormier (76)

Nice move by Babcock getting Franzen away from skilled linemates. Hopefully playing on a line with the two hardest working forwards on the team will get him skating a little.

Really excited to watch Smith play tonight. Need a win big time even with a depleted lineup -- the Blues are tied for first now.

I know the Wings are missing quite a few key guys in this one, but honestly, Columbus just traded away Vermette and Carter so who's going to score goals for them other than a (who I expect to be, at least) completely unmotivated Nash? I still think the Wings come away with the win because of the new guys and being hungry for a win on the road.

Well are there any rooks without goals on the Blue Jackets? I am sure they will score since that is what happens when the Wings play crappy teams. Especially when their 2 best players are out.