• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/28 GDT : Red Wings 5 at Blue Jackets 2

Rate this topic

piss poor effort. special teams suck. one of the best defenseman of all time out of the lineup. one of the best forwards in the world out of the lineup.

Wings are winning 5-2.

Somehow I'll manage to suffer through that kind of game.

This. Not all games are going to be stellar, but if we get the 2 points it means we out played the other team, even if for only 15 minutes in the game. Ill take this road win all day with Lids, Dats and Quincey out of the lineup...Cant play like this during playoffs, but I'm not going to be mad about a 5-2 road win in the regular season.

Guest stinky fish taco

all these things that are "no big deal" now will come back to bite them in the playoffs.

you know, like...hudler and bertuzzi being two of the worst top-6 forwards in the league? everyone cool with that?

that's no problem when you beat the worst team in the league that just gave away half of the decent players they had.

but when the wings are going out in round 2 yet again? well, at least we know what to expect.

all these things that are "no big deal" now will come back to bite them in the playoffs.

you know, like...hudler and bertuzzi being two of the worst top-6 forwards in the league? everyone cool with that?

that's no problem when you beat the worst team in the league that just gave away half of the decent players they had.

but when the wings are going out in round 2 yet again? well, at least we know what to expect.

Huh?

In 2010, the refs were entirely to blame, and last year was a total fluke. Everyone knows we actually beat San Jose in back to back years. That's what I've learned from posting on LGW at least.

These things do matter in the playoffs, I agree.

But had hudler and bertuzzi played awesome tonight, you likely would've said it didn't matter because the blue jackets are so crappy.

The Wings definitely have issues to work out if they want to get past the second round of the playoffs this season. But if they can win games while they work out those issues, awesome.

Guest stinky fish taco

But had hudler and bertuzzi played awesome tonight, you likely would've said it didn't matter because the blue jackets are so crappy.

i would LOVE to see bertuzzi have a great game without datsyuk...we all know that is not happening.

Wings lead the league in wins, are tied in the NHL for points, have the second best goal differential in the NHL, but we're all being secretly deceived and know they will get bumped out in the second round of the playoffs because:

Hudler, who despite having a career year, is 'the worst top best awful great forward' in the NHL.

Think a 3-goal win on the road without your best two players is a good thing? Think again. Clear indication of a team who is going to get knocked off in the second round, probably by San Jose or St Louis who haven't lost to Columbus this month...

This is about the time of the year when the Wings get their asses whooped by the worst teams in the league... Though they have a tendency to manage that all year long, unfortunately.

Ha, I'm actually giddy from this win - I saw Franzen working hard, Zetterberg tearing it up and nice contributions from the depth lines.

Gutsy win. Wasn't pretty, but tough to expect that with Datsyuk and Lidstrom out. Zetterberg has really stepped up the past couple games, same with Filppula. I thought Kindl had a really strong game, which is nice to see with Ericsson out for awhile. Smith and Janik were both reliable too.

My only real complaint is Hudler still on the point. I'm guessing having no Lidstrom and Quincey necessitated the move tonight, but that needs to stop. Just throw Stuart or Smith back there to be safe. Hudler's speed is a huge liability; I'm thinking at least half of those eight short-handed goals against this season have been a direct result of Hudler.

Huge two points regardless. Need to grind out as many as possible with Pavel out and make a big run when he returns for first overall.