• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#381 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

Another great performance out of Joey Mac. Wanna give a shout out to my boy "No Panic" Janik, a +2 with 2 blocked shots and no giveaways in 18 minutes of ice time :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#382 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

Posted Image

#383 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Total gut-check for the Wings. Impressed with how the team stepped up and beat a team they should beat, despite a lot of excuses.

I like this team and feel optimistic for the playoffs.

Edited by egroen, 28 February 2012 - 09:33 PM.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#384 Crveni

Crveni

Prospect

• 36 posts

Far from our best, but after Vancouver and 3 straight losses, we needed this one.
Ugly or not.

Congratulations to Mursak.

And Joey wins on the road. Never a bad thing.

Let's start a new streak.

Red Wing 'till I die.

#385 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

all these things that are "no big deal" now will come back to bite them in the playoffs.

you know, like...hudler and bertuzzi being two of the worst top-6 forwards in the league? everyone cool with that?

that's no problem when you beat the worst team in the league that just gave away half of the decent players they had.

but when the wings are going out in round 2 yet again? well, at least we know what to expect.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#386 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

Nashville lost tonight too. Sweet.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#387 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

all these things that are "no big deal" now will come back to bite them in the playoffs.

you know, like...hudler and bertuzzi being two of the worst top-6 forwards in the league? everyone cool with that?

that's no problem when you beat the worst team in the league that just gave away half of the decent players they had.

but when the wings are going out in round 2 yet again? well, at least we know what to expect.

Huh?

In 2010, the refs were entirely to blame, and last year was a total fluke. Everyone knows we actually beat San Jose in back to back years. That's what I've learned from posting on LGW at least.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#388 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

2 points for us. Have a good one guys.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#389 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Hoping Quincey and Lids get back for the next game. Huds on the point is just a nightmare as we found out tonight.

#390 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

These things do matter in the playoffs, I agree.

But had hudler and bertuzzi played awesome tonight, you likely would've said it didn't matter because the blue jackets are so crappy.

The Wings definitely have issues to work out if they want to get past the second round of the playoffs this season. But if they can win games while they work out those issues, awesome.

#391 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

6 points in the last 5 for Flip. Looks like he's heating up again. :thumbup: Great to see Z playing great as well.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#392 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

But had hudler and bertuzzi played awesome tonight, you likely would've said it didn't matter because the blue jackets are so crappy.

i would LOVE to see bertuzzi have a great game without datsyuk...we all know that is not happening.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#393 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

The way I see it, the Wings could have won 10-0 and dominated the entire game a sft would have discredited it for being Colombus
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#394 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

A win is a win is a win.

#395 ValpoHockey

ValpoHockey

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

Wings lead the league in wins, are tied in the NHL for points, have the second best goal differential in the NHL, but we're all being secretly deceived and know they will get bumped out in the second round of the playoffs because:

Hudler, who despite having a career year, is 'the worst top best awful great forward' in the NHL.

Think a 3-goal win on the road without your best two players is a good thing? Think again. Clear indication of a team who is going to get knocked off in the second round, probably by San Jose or St Louis who haven't lost to Columbus this month...

#396 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Nice win after being outhit 33-2 :rolleyes:

#397 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

This is about the time of the year when the Wings get their asses whooped by the worst teams in the league... Though they have a tendency to manage that all year long, unfortunately.

Ha, I'm actually giddy from this win - I saw Franzen working hard, Zetterberg tearing it up and nice contributions from the depth lines.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#398 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

Nice win after being outhit 33-2 :rolleyes:

That's hilarious. Don't forget the 10 takeaways the Blue Jackets had to the Wings 4.

A little home cooking on those stats maybe??

#399 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

Via Helene St. James ‏on Twitter:

Lot of laughter in #RedWings locker room after seeing local stats crew put CBJ down for 33 hits, DET, 2. Wings likely to talk to NHL HQ

Posted Image
Posted Image

#400 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

Gutsy win. Wasn't pretty, but tough to expect that with Datsyuk and Lidstrom out. Zetterberg has really stepped up the past couple games, same with Filppula. I thought Kindl had a really strong game, which is nice to see with Ericsson out for awhile. Smith and Janik were both reliable too.

My only real complaint is Hudler still on the point. I'm guessing having no Lidstrom and Quincey necessitated the move tonight, but that needs to stop. Just throw Stuart or Smith back there to be safe. Hudler's speed is a huge liability; I'm thinking at least half of those eight short-handed goals against this season have been a direct result of Hudler.

Huge two points regardless. Need to grind out as many as possible with Pavel out and make a big run when he returns for first overall.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."