• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/28 GDT : Red Wings 5 at Blue Jackets 2

Rate this topic

i would LOVE to see bertuzzi have a great game without datsyuk...we all know that is not happening.

What I would love is for you to post something positive for once and stop being so negative and baiting. But like you with Bert we all know that will never happen right?

Everyone needs to remember that franzen, datsyuk, zetterberg, helm, cleary, lidstrom and kronwall all step up bigtime in the playoffs

I went mental. Absolutely mental, I seriously lost it. :lol:

Just started clapping, yelling, good times!!! :D

Porque?

Total gut-check for the Wings. Impressed with how the team stepped up and beat a team they should beat, despite a lot of excuses.

I like this team and feel optimistic for the playoffs.

We needed that win big time glad to see them step it up in the 3rd and step on the gas. I think its been a confidence problem maybe this will give them some and get going again.

I went mental. Absolutely mental, I seriously lost it. :lol:

Just started clapping, yelling, good times!!! :D

:thumbup: +1

Haha, nice. Yeah I'm pretty proud of the kid too. It's pretty much a replica of his first ever NHL goal. Can't wait until he gets more comfortable with the league and feels the freedom to just play his game.

:thumbup: +1

Haha, nice. Yeah I'm pretty proud of the kid too. It's pretty much a replica of his first ever NHL goal. Can't wait until he gets more comfortable with the league and feels the freedom to just play his game.

It really was!! I was having flashbacks, when the puck landed on his stick I was like SHOOT IT!! It was incredibly similar. And I completely agree, when he gets his fitness back (I'd say he's around 80%), and starts to get the confidence and freedom to play his game, make moves ect, look out! Babs has been telling him to keep it simple, play strong defence and so far he's done that. He's looked better lately, more jump, seems to be gaining confidence, and the goal will only help that.

LOL, CBJ credited with 20 hits in the first. What a load of bulls***.

Not a great period by the Wings, but considering all of the players we are missing, it could've been a lot worse.

I'm thinking they borrowed OSU's statistician. :ph34r:

Another great performance out of Joey Mac. Wanna give a shout out to my boy "No Panic" Janik, a +2 with 2 blocked shots and no giveaways in 18 minutes of ice time :thumbup:

Janik played very well and wish he would be a mainstay....

Guest irishock

Great road win for us tonight, i'm developing a small man crush on Joey Mac. He's been excellent and continues to impress.

Who isn't? Kid has won like seven straight games as a starter. Amazing how an awkward goalie situation has turned out to be probably one of the best in the league.

I am just glad that Joey is getting some starts. A goalie can get stale on the bench, and I was nervous that Jimmy was going to get all the starts again while Joey rode the pine. Not the case. Babcock has faith in this veteran. Joey has been impressive and deserved to get the backup spot.

Also good to see the Wings PP do well, as well as the stars step up. Even if it was against Columbus, no team should be taken lightly.

Not to be a downer, but...did they really outhit us 33-2? Seriously?

I watched the game on the DVR this morning and I know that Columbus outhit the Wings, but I didn't think it was by that wide of a margin. IMHO, they can outhit us 100-2, and I would still be happy with a 5-2 win. :D

Not to be a downer, but...did they really outhit us 33-2? Seriously?

Forget about the hitting. A much bigger concern is the inept powerplay. All year it has been like this. The wings have given up 8 SSG, most in the Western conference. This needs to be changed - the power play coach is using an over simplified system that all teams can combat. No one is in the position to get a rebound. Players are in ther corner or behind the net - feed it to the point where it eithe jumps over the stick of the D-man - or it's a wide shot or blocked which either leads to a rush or a clear. Rarely is there sustained pressure after a faceoff.