• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#41 matemate

matemate

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

hopefully franzen will play like he did the first years. with grit and hardwork.

why is emmerton and homer always playing? much rather see guys like eaves, tatar, nyqvist, andersson and conner.

Edited by matemate, 28 February 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#42 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

I know Columbus is awful but why sit Howard

The need a rotation because we don't need MacDonald getting cold sitting the rest of the season. I hope this starts happening more often.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#43 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

hopefully franzen will play like he did the first years. with grit and hardwork.

why is emmerton and homer always playing? much rather se guys like eaves, tatar, nyuqvist, andersson and conner.

Eaves is still injured. However I too like what Connor offers. I think with such a depleted lineup, we cannot rely on Tatar, Ny and Andersson yet. They need to play when they have proper support.

Edited by Danielsm, 28 February 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#44 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

why is emmerton and homer always playing? much rather see guys like eaves, tatar, nyqvist, andersson and conner.

homer has tenure and Emmerton has actuly played pretty well. If anything Mursak is the one that should be swapped out with one of these guys, i dont' think most people expected Emmerton to play this well.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#45 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

OP slowly but surely getting updated.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#46 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

I know the Wings are missing quite a few key guys in this one, but honestly, Columbus just traded away Vermette and Carter so who's going to score goals for them other than a (who I expect to be, at least) completely unmotivated Nash? I still think the Wings come away with the win because of the new guys and being hungry for a win on the road.

#47 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Good luck boys, Joey Mac ends our small losing skid tonight and we take it 5-2. Go Red Wings!

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#48 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

Current Streaks
Regular-Season Streaks
Overall: 3-game losing streak (1 shootout)
Away: 3-game losing streak (1 shootout)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Columbus
Overall: 1-game winning streak (shootout)
Away: 1-game losing streak

Last Ten Games, Current Regular-Season
Overall: 6W-2L-0OTL-2SOL
Away: 5W-4L-0OTL-1SOL

Last Ten Games, Historical Regular-Season v. Columbus
Overall: 7W-2L-0OTL-1SOL
Away: 5W-2L-2OTL-1SOL

Home Games / Away Games
This is a single away game

Record v. Columbus
All-time, Overall v. Columbus
66G: 47W-120L-1T-0RT-2OTL-4SOL

All-time, Away v. Columbus
33G: 21W-7L-1T-0RT-2OTL-2SOL

Season Record v. Columbus
This is the fourth, of six games v. Columbus this season. The Club's record in the previous three games:
2W-1L

This is the second, of three, away games v. Columbus this season. The Club's record in the previous game:
1L

Record on this Day
February 28
This is the 37th regular-season game played on this day. The Club's record in the previous 36 games:
18W-15L-3T

This is the 1st regular-season games v. Columbus played on this day

LGW.

Tonight's Officials
Referees Greg Kimmerly (18); Chris Rooney (5) Linesmen Scott Driscoll (68); Michel Cormier (76)

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#49 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

Nice move by Babcock getting Franzen away from skilled linemates. Hopefully playing on a line with the two hardest working forwards on the team will get him skating a little.

Really excited to watch Smith play tonight. Need a win big time even with a depleted lineup -- the Blues are tied for first now.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#50 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

I know the Wings are missing quite a few key guys in this one, but honestly, Columbus just traded away Vermette and Carter so who's going to score goals for them other than a (who I expect to be, at least) completely unmotivated Nash? I still think the Wings come away with the win because of the new guys and being hungry for a win on the road.

Well are there any rooks without goals on the Blue Jackets? I am sure they will score since that is what happens when the Wings play crappy teams. Especially when their 2 best players are out.

#51 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

must win to take back that central

#52 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

Trying to get home in time to DVR this one. I want to see Smith. We've heard about him for years now is his chance to earn a starting spot for next year.

4-1 Wings Mule with the Hatty

Just hoping the Mule isn't invisible out there just one point from him will make me happy.

Not to confident about this one Lids and Pav out we need this win the Blues are now tied with us and the Preds are gaining fast.

Go Wings.

#53 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

Forget Vermette and Carter people this team can hardly score goals as it is albeit they got their first win of the year against us and their one game at Joe Louis so far was won by us in a shoot out so who knows

#54 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

1 point out of a possible 6 since Pavel's surgery.

NEED TO WIN.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#55 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

Everything on paper says we should win big tonight BUT if our boys come out lazy, this has the possibility of a huge disappointment. Let's find that killer instinct and put away teams that we should.

#56 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

I think Nash makes a statement tonight and gets a pair, but Filp, Miller, Z, and Kronwall give us the 4-2 win.

Side-bet....Smith drops a Kronwall-type hit on someone in the 2nd

#57 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

Pretty excited to finally get back to playing hockey and seeing what this team can do down the stretch. This isn't exactly what team will be playing in the playoffs but it's a good opprotunity for some guys to show what they can offer. I hope with the young guys coming up and the line changes that the team plays with lots of energy tonight. 4-1 Wings.

#58 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

Wonder how the Jackets fans will receive Nash knowing that he demanded a trade outta there.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#59 Solidus

Solidus

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Wonder how the Jackets fans will receive Nash knowing that he demanded a trade outta there.

lol what jackets fans?
The Arena's going to be 90% red and white tonight.

#60 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

probably wont be watching. good luck wings