• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Does anyone around here know why Brad's family cannot relocate to Detroit? I keep reading about this and it always just says "personal reasons."

What on earth could be holding them in San Jose and totally rendering them unable to move anywhere?

Edited by Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot), 28 February 2012 - 02:13 PM.

[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#2 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

Does anyone around here know why Brad's family cannot relocate to Detroit? I keep reading about this and it always just says "personal reasons."

What on earth could be holding them in San Jose and totally rendering them unable to move anywhere?

Something to do with Stuart's wife not being allowed to be outside the state of California.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#3 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

What on earth could be holding them in San Jose and totally unable to move anywhere?

Less his tenure with the Bruins and Wings, he's always been a West Coast guy. It's completely understandable for him to want to move back there (where he has played before), especially towards the end of his career and his kids growing up, etc. etc. Do you find it unreasonable for his entire family to move around with him wherever he goes, as a professional athlete? I'm pretty positive that the vast majority of Stevie's family still live here, should they move to Florida now that he will be there for a while?

Edited by Ram, 28 February 2012 - 02:23 PM.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#4 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Something to do with Stuart's wife not being allowed to be outside the state of California.

I'm not familiar with US laws. What would cause this - parole?

#5 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

I thought it must have been something like this. I am not saying they should move with him... just that I never understood what the "personal reasons" were. I wonder why she can't leave cali?
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

#6 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

He has a step daughter and I'm sure that has something to do with it. Could be the courts won't allow her to move, likely because the dad is still there.

Plus he's been away from his family for a long time, I could see him wanting to actually be able to be with them more.

Edited by WizardOfOz30, 28 February 2012 - 02:24 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#7 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Less his tenure with the Bruins and Wings, he's always been a West Coast guy. It's completely understandable for him to want to move back there (where he has played before), especially towards the end of his career and his kids growing up, etc. etc. Do you find it unreasonable for his entire family to move around with him wherever he goes, as a professional athlete? I'm pretty positive that the vast majority of Stevie's family still live here, should they move to Florida now that he will be there for a while?

You are completely missing the point of my post...

#8 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

If oz is right, it could be something as simple as his wife has a child from a past relationship who is not able to just relocate, leaving his wife who wants to stay in her life, stuck in Cali.

Who could blame her.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#9 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

His wife has a daughter with another man. She can't move out of the state of California with her daughter... and obviously she's not going to leave her daughter behind.

#10 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

I always thought (and maybe read somewhere?) that his kids were in school and he didn't want to uproot them.

#11 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

Where's a working Portal device when you need one?

Obviously I hope Stuart stays here, but given those circumstances, I can't say I blame him for looking somewhere on the West Coast. Even if it's just not wanting to move the family, you still gotta feel for the guy.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#12 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

I always thought (and maybe read somewhere?) that his kids were in school and he didn't want to uproot them.

That too. It would be one thing if he knew he were going to be with a team the rest of his career (and the step child issue weren't present) then I could see him moving them. He very well could have done that here since I'm sure we'd keep him if we could.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#13 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

I always wondered why this was, but was never passing judgement.

#14 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

It'd be pretty nice if Stuart could stay :(

#15 selkie

selkie

Beach Bum

• PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

His wife has a daughter with another man. She can't move out of the state of California with her daughter... and obviously she's not going to leave her daughter behind.

That's how I remember the situation as well.

#16 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

Why can't Ilitch use his mob connections to bypass all this California law s***?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#17 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,071 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

As others have mentioned, my understanding is that it has to do with custody of his stepchildren. If Stuart's wife were to move from California she would forfeit custody rights to the child(ren) she had with her ex-husband.

#18 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Why can't Ilitch use his mob connections to bypass all this California law s***?

Haha!

Ya mean like have the "baby daddy" whacked?

#19 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

As others have mentioned, my understanding is that it has to do with custody of his stepchildren. If Stuart's wife were to move from California she would forfeit custody rights to the child(ren) she had with her ex-husband.

So what we're getting at is his wife's ex-husband is responsible for Stuart leaving us this offseason? *******. Which leads me to believe that he most likely as an ******* before all of this!

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#20 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,863 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

I did hear that it definitely has to do with his wife's daughter (Stuart's stepchild) and her connection to her biological father, but I didn't know that there was any legal binding involved. I was always under the impression that Stuart and his family did not want the daughter to grow up in a different state than her biological father.