• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Brad Stuart's family issues

Rate this topic

As for Rafalski, he retired because his body could no longer handle the game. If he was so concerned with god and his family, why didn't he just retire after his first pay day, and live off of that being god's missionary and spend every day with his family? Wanna guess why?

Green makes the world go round. I don't know what fairy tale land you live in.

:rolleyes: You sure are neat...

FIRST you're telling me that he "could no longer handle the game" after minor health set-backs and only one season with significant time missed, while still scoring .762ppg. BUT at the same time, he would do anything for the money despite family, like some Nazi-era antisemitic caricature? AND your proof is that he wasn't quite so pious as to get paid his first million and retire to spend every day with his family and god, like some Franciscan monk?... astounding.

Edited by b.shanafan14

Your argument is basically that you know what is going on in the personal lives of people you don't even know, so I don't need a ton of substance to refute such a badly flawed argument. You can make guesses and assumptions about what their motivations are, but they're just that. Guesses and assumptions.

Green may make your world go round, but here's a little secret. You don't speak for everyone. People from all walks of life chose more important things than money.

More on topic, it's seeming more and more that Stuart is gone. He was a great pickup and will be missed. Hopefully he's a beast this playoffs if it's his last one in the winged wheel.

Haven't you ever heard the phrase "Actions speak louder than words?"

You don't necessarily need to be a fly on the wall in some of these players' homes to at least know somewhat about their decision making

processes. Not to mention the numerous interviews and people like the lgw faithful which pride themselves on knowing way too much about the players. Some of us live in the same communities as these players and know a lot more about them than you may think.

And to the poster slinging nonsense historical references, if you do your homework, you would find that Rafalski's knees were bothering him so much his last two years he couldn't take it anymore. He had double knee braces and sometimes had a hard time walking but still laced them up. He was a small guy, and took a lot of abuse. Also, to say that he scored xx ppg or whatever stat you looked up doesn't mean s*** considering he played all year with Nick and on the first powerplay. Many players leave the league off of good numbers because their bodies couldn't take it.

Haven't you ever heard the phrase "Actions speak louder than words?"

You don't necessarily need to be a fly on the wall in some of these players' homes to at least know somewhat about their decision making

processes. Not to mention the numerous interviews and people like the lgw faithful which pride themselves on knowing way too much about the players. Some of us live in the same communities as these players and know a lot more about them than you may think.

And to the poster slinging nonsense historical references, if you do your homework, you would find that Rafalski's knees were bothering him so much his last two years he couldn't take it anymore. He had double knee braces and sometimes had a hard time walking but still laced them up. He was a small guy, and took a lot of abuse. Also, to say that he scored xx ppg or whatever stat you looked up doesn't mean s*** considering he played all year with Nick and on the first powerplay. Many players leave the league off of good numbers because their bodies couldn't take it.

Right. but you were basing your argument on words. Speculation about him going back to Sweden and that being purely a negotiating tactic.

His actions are that he has played for the Wings for 19 seasons now, and taken a hometown discount for multiple contract signings.

Right. but you were basing your argument on words. Speculation about him going back to Sweden and that being purely a negotiating tactic.

His actions are that he has played for the Wings for 19 seasons now, and taken a hometown discount for multiple contract signings.

You must not recall how we arrived at Nick's salary. He was NOT taking a discount if you consider the facts. Remember the lockout? Remember the 24% rollback in salaries? He made 10 million per year pre lockout. He got it cut BY THE CBA to 7.6 million. He was making LEAGUE MAX. The next contract I believe he took a measly 150k discount. I realize the cap went up, and he could have demanded more, but how bad would he look when he was the highest paid player on the team and demanded more? Other guys on the team like z and pav needed raises. Nick made the awfully gut wrenching decision to stay with the class team of the league and maybe the world, AND be one of the highest paid players to boot. Yeah, Nick is a real selfless guy.

You must not recall how we arrived at Nick's salary. He was NOT taking a discount if you consider the facts. Remember the lockout? Remember the 24% rollback in salaries? He made 10 million per year pre lockout. He got it cut BY THE CBA to 7.6 million. He was making LEAGUE MAX. The next contract I believe he took a measly 150k discount. I realize the cap went up, and he could have demanded more, but how bad would he look when he was the highest paid player on the team and demanded more? Other guys on the team like z and pav needed raises. Nick made the awfully gut wrenching decision to stay with the class team of the league and maybe the world, AND be one of the highest paid players to boot. Yeah, Nick is a real selfless guy.

I do remember his salary getting adjusted under the cap. Wow, how unreasonable of a defenseman of NIck's caliber being the highest paid player on the team. Then he took discounts every contract after that.

We've beat this topic sufficiently to death. you apparently have some weird beef against how much Lidstrom is being paid, but most GM's in the league would've happily given him millions more.

The topic at hand is Stuart's family issue.

I do remember his salary getting adjusted under the cap. Wow, how unreasonable of a defenseman of NIck's caliber being the highest paid player on the team. Then he took discounts every contract after that.

We've beat this topic sufficiently to death. you apparently have some weird beef against how much Lidstrom is being paid, but most GM's in the league would've happily given him millions more.

The topic at hand is Stuart's family issue.

I meant highest paid in the league post lockout. Didn't I just hear a story about how he has made the most money of any player in the NHL post lock out? All I am saying is quit painting these players as patron saints. They grab as much money as they can, at the expense of spending time with their families. You don't need to speculate that.

But I digress, yes, we here at lgw know way more about brads custody battles and marital status than I thought. But its all speculation, so it must be untrue.

You know, people like you way back in the day dismissed the shape of our mother earth as speculation.

I meant highest paid in the league post lockout. Didn't I just hear a story about how he has made the most money of any player in the NHL post lock out? All I am saying is quit painting these players as patron saints. They grab as much money as they can, at the expense of spending time with their families. You don't need to speculate that.

But I digress, yes, we here at lgw know way more about brads custody battles and marital status than I thought. But its all speculation, so it must be untrue.

You know, people like you way back in the day dismissed the shape of our mother earth as speculation.

Dude, give it a rest... Sheesh

At least that close they could get together. Perhaps it would be close enough for a move to be allowed, although I won't speculate as to the odds.

If he has to go, I hope it's LA so I can root for him without feeling icky.

Well Stuart has already played for San Jose and LA. Maybe he has to go 3 for 3.