Jerseys?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

Has anyone ever ordered a jersey from this site? Super cheap and obviously replicas but for as cheap as 40 bucks for a jersey it might be worth a shot. Let me know if you have any info.

http://www.ice-hockey-jerseys.com/

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#2 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

Has anyone ever ordered a jersey from this site? Super cheap and obviously replicas but for as cheap as 40 bucks for a jersey it might be worth a shot. Let me know if you have any info.

http://www.ice-hockey-jerseys.com/

They're all Chinese knock-offs. I've seen knock-off Wings jerseys in person, and they look horrible. I'd save your money.

#3 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

There was an ongoing thread about jerseys from China for about five years that hit around 100 pages, I can't seem to find it or i'd post up a link to it. As i've bought one myself, I can give you a more general idea of what's going on with the cheap jerseys.

First off no, they don't look horrible, but you need to understand that these are indeed knock offs as the poster above replied. The jerseys are hand sewn, numbers, names, everything you would find on an officially licensed jersey. It does have the fighting strap sewn into the back as well, none of the graphics are silk screened. It has the reebok logo sewn above the name plate as well.

So there are upsides and downsides, but being involved with that thread for a while and reading through it, about 90% of the posters on the site that ordered their jersey from a site like this were happy with it for what it was. I personally ordered a Datsyuk home jersey just because I was curious about the overall quality compared to an authentic product. I had low expectations and was pleasantly surprised when it did arrive, I had it side by side with my home Franzen jersey that I had ordered from NHL.com and aside from very minor differences, It was very accurate. The nameplate on my "Official" jersey was actually slightly crooked and off center while my jersey from China was lined up perfectly. When it came down to it, the price difference between the two jerseys didn't seem justified because they were so similar.

If you are looking for a jersey and don't want to spend the extra $150+ for the official Reebok name, then go for it. You do have to keep in mind that it is a jersey for a fraction of the cost, but I don't see why you wouldn't be happy with the purchase. I have friends around the US that ordered different jerseys from sites like this, all were happy with them, no one had a complaint except for the shipping time. It takes about two to three weeks for the product to arrive.

Also consider the current state of our economy and that sending our money to China isn't helping the cause much, but $40 plus shipping isn't exactly going to make or break anything. Also dealing with the language barrier with customer service if necessary can be a bit frustrating.

Hope this covers any questions about these jerseys and what you are gonna get.

www.ecseller.com is the site I have ordered from as it was recommended by friends, and I had no issues with the quality of the product, paying, or shipping.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#4 Red Reign

Red Reign

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:24 AM

Never heard of the site, but if they are selling Chinese knock-offs, I'd stay clear. While I've never used that site, I buy a lot of jerseys on ebay - I bought one jersey that had it's location listed as Asia and will never make the mistake again. I knew the jersey wasn't going to be 100% authentic, but I had no idea it would look as bad as it did. What I was hoping would be a decent looking Howard replica jersey is now gathering dust in my closet. Stick with vendors that are local and that you trust.
Detroit sports fan stuck in Ohio.

Victory for MSU!

#5 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

There is a website store on eBay selling "knockoffs". They had the funniest one I've ever seen: Al Bundy's Polk High football jersey.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#6 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

I've seen a lot of Wings (and other team's) knock-offs, and they really don't look that great when compared to an authentic. The twill is usually a shiny plastic-looking materail, the winged wheel always looks puffy (especially after a washing), and the font is never right. They also tend to fall apart easily. It depends on what you want to spend your money on. I'd rather buy 1 good authentic jersey than own 3 knock-offs. I also wouldn't recommend NHL shop either, their jerseys tend to look bad, which is kind of ironic.

Stores like sportsk send their jerseys to the same place that sews for the Wings, and the money stays in the US (and in the Detroit area). Depends on what you want to spend money on. I'd rather spend it on a quality product.

There was an ongoing thread about jerseys from China for about five years that hit around 100 pages, I can't seem to find it or i'd post up a link to it. As i've bought one myself, I can give you a more general idea of what's going on with the cheap jerseys.

First off no, they don't look horrible, but you need to understand that these are indeed knock offs as the poster above replied. The jerseys are hand sewn, numbers, names, everything you would find on an officially licensed jersey. It does have the fighting strap sewn into the back as well, none of the graphics are silk screened. It has the reebok logo sewn above the name plate as well.

So there are upsides and downsides, but being involved with that thread for a while and reading through it, about 90% of the posters on the site that ordered their jersey from a site like this were happy with it for what it was. I personally ordered a Datsyuk home jersey just because I was curious about the overall quality compared to an authentic product. I had low expectations and was pleasantly surprised when it did arrive, I had it side by side with my home Franzen jersey that I had ordered from NHL.com and aside from very minor differences, It was very accurate. The nameplate on my "Official" jersey was actually slightly crooked and off center while my jersey from China was lined up perfectly. When it came down to it, the price difference between the two jerseys didn't seem justified because they were so similar.

If you are looking for a jersey and don't want to spend the extra $150+ for the official Reebok name, then go for it. You do have to keep in mind that it is a jersey for a fraction of the cost, but I don't see why you wouldn't be happy with the purchase. I have friends around the US that ordered different jerseys from sites like this, all were happy with them, no one had a complaint except for the shipping time. It takes about two to three weeks for the product to arrive.

Also consider the current state of our economy and that sending our money to China isn't helping the cause much, but $40 plus shipping isn't exactly going to make or break anything. Also dealing with the language barrier with customer service if necessary can be a bit frustrating.

Hope this covers any questions about these jerseys and what you are gonna get.

www.ecseller.com is the site I have ordered from as it was recommended by friends, and I had no issues with the quality of the product, paying, or shipping.

#7 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

You just got to decide how much you want your jersey to be like the real thing.

I have a Wings jersey from sportsk (CCM - before Reebok was the apparel). Paid $120 for it. Happy as could be.

I also have a Wings jersey that's a knock off from a wholesaler. Was just $30. They goofed up the Winter Classic patch on the jersey but other than that, it looks close to the real thing in terms of the look at least, it being a tie-down and the like and the numbers/letters look correct. The patch thing stinks (just screwed up the year on it) but nobody down here is going to notice or care unless I point it out to them. For only $30, it's an error I can live with.

I also have gotten a Saints/NFL jersey from a wholesaler for cheap and the numbering/lettering looks pretty much similar to what they were. Obviously not the real jersey type but again, looks fairly similar, as long as it looks similar, I'm fine with it. I don't get a hard time from people down here about it, I've seen plenty of people down here with knockoff jerseys from wholesalers that don't mind it whatsoever.

So, you could defintely say or argue to me that I should raise my standards up. That's certainly correct and not arguing that. Doesn't bother me enough to spend $250 on a jersey vs. $30. For others, it is a big deal. That's cool by me and their decision. I'm certainly not going to make a big deal to them about it.

If you go the wholesale route, you'll get some great/cheap deals. On some, you'll be able to tell from minute one if the numbering/lettering stinks or isn't right. Some will look identical/exactly the same, and they'll probably come out solid. It's just a matter if you want to take that chance or not.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 05 March 2012 - 10:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users