• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings_fanatic

Current standings

Rate this topic

Hey guys I was just looking at the updated standings and noticed the Red Wings are down to 4th place while the Blues are now in 2nd place. Their records are:

42-19-3 (Red Wings)

40-17-7 (Blues)

Each team has played 64 games and are tied in points with 87. What I do not understand is how the Wings are not still in 2nd place because they have more wins then the Blues, have a better goal differential then the Blues, are leading the season series against the Blues. I am out of ideas for how the Blues are in 2nd place over the Wings currently? Maybe I am forgetting about some rule but it seems to me the Wings should still be in 2nd?

Guest Crymson

Hey guys I was just looking at the updated standings and noticed the Red Wings are down to 4th place while the Blues are now in 2nd place. Their records are:

42-19-3 (Red Wings)

40-17-7 (Blues)

Each team has played 64 games and are tied in points with 87. What I do not understand is how the Wings are not still in 2nd place because they have more wins then the Blues, have a better goal differential then the Blues, are leading the season series against the Blues. I am out of ideas for how the Blues are in 2nd place over the Wings currently? Maybe I am forgetting about some rule but it seems to me the Wings should still be in 2nd?

Less of the Blues` wins have come in shootouts. When deciding tiebreakers in the standings, shootouts wins do not count.

42-19-3 (Red Wings)

40-17-7 (Blues)

This seems to be a recurring theme.

The first tiebreaker is regulation wins, which St. Louis has more of than Detroit.

Here they.come....Blues have passed them and Nashville is hot on their tail...I said on deadline day they would drop to 3rd in central and then possibly 6th in conference...

if i recall someone said :hysterical:

Is it funny now? 1st overall before deadline, no moves to make team better, now 4th. I still believe Holland should have done more than kick the tires. Here's to me being wrong!

We have played one game since the deadline, and won.

I hardly think our current position in the standings has much to do with the lack of trades at the deadline.

Our position in the standings has to do with no Nick and Pavs. As soon as we get them back, we will be right back on track. I am comfortable with this team heading into the playoffs because they are way better defensively this year, and are still scoring goals. St. Louis will ware out of energy soon enough because Hitch has them play such a hard fought style of game every night. I think once we get Pavel back we will make a push and end up in 1st or 2nd place.

Here they.come....Blues have passed them and Nashville is hot on their tail...I said on deadline day they would drop to 3rd in central and then possibly 6th in conference...

Is it funny now? 1st overall before deadline, no moves to make team better, now 4th. I still believe Holland should have done more than kick the tires. Here's to me being wrong!

Yeah, because the one game we played since the deadline caused us to drop in the standing. Oh wait, we won that game.

man youve just been waiting to put up this post huh? lol

I say the Wings finish 4th and win 1 round and thats it b/c they can't play defense as the odd man rushes & breakaways are going to kill this team come playoff time especially against a team like Vancouver. I don't even think the Wings can handle the Hawks or possibly the Blues, Preds and Coyotes.

Why is it that the Canucks "should" knock off the Blues tonight? They're playing every bit as good as Vancouver right now.

If I were a betting man I'd certainly be picking the Canucks tonight. Like the Wings, the Blues are getting it done at home and are .500 on the road. Anything's possible of course, but I would agree the Canucks "should" take care of business; the question now becomes whether or not they follow through.

If I were a betting man I'd certainly be picking the Canucks tonight. Like the Wings, the Blues are getting it done at home and are .500 on the road. Anything's possible of course, but I would agree the Canucks "should" take care of business; the question now becomes whether or not they follow through.

You forget these are the Blues. The Blues cannot lose. Therefore, the Blues will win because they won't ******* lose.

Guest Crymson

The loser of this divisional race gets stuck playing Chicago in the first round. We can beat Chicago, but it would be an unneeded expense.

Just ask Vancouver how fun that was last year.

The fact that Luongo shat the bed was really a bit part of that.

Edited by haroldsnepsts
Stay on topic