• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Anyone watching Costas tonight on NBC Sports? He's about to start talking to Bettman solely after the break. Bettman already said CBA negotiations has not even started. Makes me feel great about next year. Not. He's just so...what's the word, slimy. Costas already brought up him getting booed handing out the Cup...it was funny to watch him squirm about that. I'm not gonna recap the whole thing, but it is going to be rerun next as well.
  • Ram likes this

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#2 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Stop hating on fighting! jesus.

#3 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

KuklasKorner Hockey.

"Battle of the Little People".

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 02 March 2012 - 08:32 AM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#4 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

Buttman is probably wishing for another work stoppage so he can have some more time to figure out how to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#5 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

Costas is a joke. I lost all respect for him when he went on a 15 minute rant about how touchdown celebrations ruin football

#6 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

Costas is a joke. I lost all respect for him when he went on a 15 minute rant about how touchdown celebrations ruin football

Agreed. Did he talk about race? It is his favorite subject.

#7 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

Agreed. Did he talk about race? It is his favorite subject.

He did when he was talking to Mayweather regarding his tweet about Jeremy Lin.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#8 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

It takes two sides to negotiate a deal. If Bettman hasn't started talking, either has the Players Association.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#9 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

It takes two sides to negotiate a deal. If Bettman hasn't started talking, either has the Players Association.

Yeah, but the problem is there won't be any time for them to settle things. Negotiations take time, and if they wait until July to start, odds they are done by mid September are low. Bettman said this is not the right time to start a conflict, which implies there will be one. Costas asked if the NHL would try to go the way of the NFL and NBA and get player revenues down to 50%, instead of the 56-57% they receive right now. Don't remember what Bettman said, but he avoided an answer, then Stern leaned in and told Costas 'Yes'. He was like, "Hey, we can talk about it. We're just two guys talking. Gary is just sitting here."

Get the s*** out of the way while there is still time. We will not be 'okay' with another work stoppage.

#10 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

A 3rd lockout under his leadership is unthinkable - how could he keep his job in those circumstances?
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk