• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
anthonyn66

Players you hate for being good

Rate this topic

Do you have any players that, you hate simply because they were good against Detroit? Past and present, guys you really have no good reason to hate except for their performances against Detroit.

My list:

-Max Talbot, for obvious reasons

-Setoguchi, although he dives

-Couture

-Pavelski

-Jordan Staal

-Malkin

Every time they hit I want it to be a penalty, and for whatever reason I assume every penalty they draw is a dive. Whenever they touch the puck I'm just thinking "that little son of a *****". I just can't stand those players. And I just get that much more pissed off whenever they score against us.

Players I used to hate:

-Giguere

-Roy

-Forsberg

-Gelinas

Do you have any players that you hate under these circumstances?

Edited by anthonyn66

Pronger is a good defenseman but there are plenty of reasons to hate him, he's a goon. Same with Players like Thornton who give you additional reasons to hate, like when dove at the contact of Franzen's stick

As I get older now, I don't hate those good opposing players much anymore. Crosby, Letang, Kunitz, Pronger, Selanne, to name a few. I look at them and say, "they must be pretty effen talented to beat my team."

But the players that do piss me off the most though, are the ones we have traded away, lost to waivers, or to free agency, because they kind of sucked on the Wings. Holland did what he had to do. Then the very next time Detroit plays these teams, with these former players, they light the f***in lamp on us everytime! Damn that pisses me off. Kopecky and Samuellson couldn't find the net in Detroit to save their lives, but as soon as they got to their respective teams, they score! That drives me crazy.

And who would have thought, 2010 came, we got rid of Leino and Kopecky! Great! Everyone is happy. Next thing you know Detroit is eliminated, and watching the Stanley Cup Finals, highlighted by 'great efforts' from Kopecky and the s***hawks, against Leino and the Flyers!

I can't believe I used the word 'effort' in the same sentence as either one of those guys.

Pat Kane just seems like an all around D-bag. Maybe he just needs to grow up a bit, but he's on my most hated list.

I also dislike the Sedins because of their constant threat of dominating a game.

I still hate Avery even though he isn't playing, and i'll always hate him for too many reasons to list.

I don't hate Pronger because he's good. I hate him because he's an *******.

Too true. I was going to add Domi and Darcy Tucker as well, but I didn't hate them for being good either.

Right now, my two least favorite are Max Talbot (though I would definitely not complain if he were to play for the Wings) and Malkin (obvious reasons).

I would normally say Crosby, but his talent is the one thing that I can give him a bit of respect for - I hate him because he is a cry baby.

I hate very few players for "just being that good". For the most part, its not the really huge stars who burn the Wings in the past (Crosby shut down by Z, for instance). Talbot in Game 7 after the shots he took at Datsyuk's ankle earlier in the series still pisses me off to no end. Pronger's cup win after he and Neidermeyer lit up Holmstrom's head from behind (a hit that today would garner a ridiculous suspension). Joe Pavelski. Corey Perry for sucker punching and pummeling Rafalski.

Joe Thornton for being predictable old Joe Thornton; watch any video of Jumbo's tantrums and its ALWAYS against small players like Zetterberg or "really, him?" players like Lidstrom, and its ALWAYS when the Sharks are losing by a couple goals. He's always been a prima donna and his colors really show when his team is losing and he is doing exactly dick on the scoresheet; not totally unlike Crosby. I wonder if everyone else in the league hates Thornton?

The one players I can honestly say I hated purely because he was so damn good every time he played the Wings was Rick Nash. Seemed like every game he was getting a hat trick or doing something outstanding against Detroit. I used to call him "baby fat". Wish he was on our team :P

Loui Eriksson. He's such a good player and he always seems to get on the board against us! But he doesn't seem like a jerk at all. I'd love him on the Wings. Selanne would fit here too.

I don't hate players for being good. I hate players for being assholes.

I hate Thornton with a passion, also Pavelski, Clowe, all the Sharks etc.

Pronger obvs, Kane (although he's sometimes funny), and Perry too.

Unlike many others in this thread, I actually love Malkin (only pen I like), and if I could have any player on the Wings it would be him. Datsyuk and Malkin on the same team...oh god.

Loui Eriksson. He's such a good player and he always seems to get on the board against us! But he doesn't seem like a jerk at all. I'd love him on the Wings. Selanne would fit here too.

He's a good pick. I can't say he does anything worthy of hating him other than constantly scoring against the Wings.

Getzlaf. I'd take him on the Wings any day of the week and I think I'd love to have a few drinks with him (and whatever), but I just want to give him a single-digit salute when he plays against us.

I also like Malkin and would kill to get him on the Wings with Pavel.

I also felt this way about Hossa before he came to our team. Irrational hate for no reason other than that he was good. Once he got here, I loved him. Now I just hope he's happy in his personal life and that his team's losses don't ruin his summer.

Edited by 55fan