• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
anthonyn66

Players you hate for being good

Rate this topic

One person i cant stand is Burrows. Hes one of those guys thst you hate to play against but would probably love him if hes on your team. Has great work ethic, plays hard every shift can score and mix it up. But i hate his ego and attitude. Hes always the center of some kind of controversy too which makes you not like him that much more.

Also, i may be in the extreme minority, but i keep going through phases where i cant stand Ovechkin. He is an excellent player and has awesome skill, but again his attitude and self proclaime rockstar attitude drives me nuts. Does things on and off the ice that drive me crazy and i cant help but hold it against him as a player. Plus, if anyone has seen the photo/video of him shirtless with his back against a mirror, you know he has a tramp stamp tattoo on his lower back. Not to mention hes not in shape for a hockey player. Concave chest, scrawny arms and a bit of a beer gut. Just screams slob to me. Makes me feel like if he would put more effort to his physique off the ice, and didnt party so much, he would be an even more unstoppable force on the ice.

Crosby. The kid is talented, but I hate how we shut him down every game and then he pops in for a game winning goal or some other important goal and then goes back to disappearing.

Take the '09 series for example. I don't remember him being a factor until what, game 6? And didn't he score the game winner in that? Stupid.

Probably Claude Lemieux. I mean, I mainly hate him for being such a little turd, but it's pretty annoying that he was a good player and won multiple Cups with 3 different teams, yet he STILL acted like a total goon whenever he got the chance. On the other end of the spectrum, the better Corey Perry gets, the more I like him. I like it when he plays hockey instead of wasting time taunting Datsyuk (and consequently getting a nasty surprise from him, heh).

Also, now that you all mention it, Marian Hossa. That's a pretty cut-and-dried one - I dislike him for no other reason than that he's good, plain and simple. Good call.

Crosby. The kid is talented, but I hate how we shut him down every game and then he pops in for a game winning goal or some other important goal and then goes back to disappearing.

Take the '09 series for example. I don't remember him being a factor until what, game 6? And didn't he score the game winner in that? Stupid.

Olympic final as well. Completely anonymous all game, fluffs a breakaway with a minute left, then scores the overtime gold-medal winner on a scuffed shot along the ice :ranting:

Every time I see that, all I can think is "why couldn't Lidstrom have scuffed his last second shot in game 7? Because it would have gone in then" :ranting: