• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

Loui Eriksson. He's such a good player and he always seems to get on the board against us! But he doesn't seem like a jerk at all. I'd love him on the Wings. Selanne would fit here too.

He's a good pick. I can't say he does anything worthy of hating him other than constantly scoring against the Wings.

#22 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

Friggin' Getz.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

I always hated when Detroit played against Sakic. Same with Forsberg, although he can be hated for other reasons.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

Like Miller76 I don't have any true disliking of any NHL'er as I've gotten older - however Getzlaf, Perry, and Joe Thornton are probably the only 3 that annoy me.

Years ago I hated the entire 1995 Cup Champ NJ Devils, Claude Lemieux, and Patrick Roy...Was thrilled to see the Devils fail to make the playoffs in 1996 (and to be honest I won't shed a tear now that they're becomming Phoenix part deux), was jumping, and shouting up a storm as McCarty made Lemieux's head bleed, and laughed hysterically when Roy did his oh-so-famous "Statue of Liberty" while the puck was at his feet only to be knocked in a mere second later (which also reminds me how we embarassed the jerk on that snowy December night in Montreal back in 1995).

I did lose a bit of respect for a few Maple Leafs (for those who don't know they're a very distant 2nd favorite team of mine)...Tie Domi for some of his antics (title belt gesture), and throwing an elbow at the head of Scott Niedermayer (although there must be something about that 'sneaky little s***' since Daniel Alfredsson also took a slapper at him back in 2007), and by doing so it turned the series around/created a rallying cry for the Devils who in my opinion were being outplayed by the Leafs.

The other Leaf was Darcy Tucker; was a good player for the Maple Leafs - however his "soccer like" embellishment/writhing in pain on the ice antics was an embarassment (must've been hard to watch for ex-coach Pat Quinn), and had a knack for going after guys whom weren't fighters...This clip sticks out in my mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BHTa420VNM

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#25 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

The last player I hated for simply being good was Patrick Roy. Since then, I just appreciate their talent if they're not complete assholes.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#26 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

Getzlaf. I'd take him on the Wings any day of the week and I think I'd love to have a few drinks with him (and whatever), but I just want to give him a single-digit salute when he plays against us.

I also like Malkin and would kill to get him on the Wings with Pavel.

I also felt this way about Hossa before he came to our team. Irrational hate for no reason other than that he was good. Once he got here, I loved him. Now I just hope he's happy in his personal life and that his team's losses don't ruin his summer.

Edited by 55fan, 02 March 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#27 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

One person i cant stand is Burrows. Hes one of those guys thst you hate to play against but would probably love him if hes on your team. Has great work ethic, plays hard every shift can score and mix it up. But i hate his ego and attitude. Hes always the center of some kind of controversy too which makes you not like him that much more.

Also, i may be in the extreme minority, but i keep going through phases where i cant stand Ovechkin. He is an excellent player and has awesome skill, but again his attitude and self proclaime rockstar attitude drives me nuts. Does things on and off the ice that drive me crazy and i cant help but hold it against him as a player. Plus, if anyone has seen the photo/video of him shirtless with his back against a mirror, you know he has a tramp stamp tattoo on his lower back. Not to mention hes not in shape for a hockey player. Concave chest, scrawny arms and a bit of a beer gut. Just screams slob to me. Makes me feel like if he would put more effort to his physique off the ice, and didnt party so much, he would be an even more unstoppable force on the ice.

#28 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa. Absolutely 1st class guys and players. But I hate them.

Everyone else that I hate is because I percieve them to be an *******, D-Bag, etc. I don't have time to list them all :hehe:
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#29 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Crosby. The kid is talented, but I hate how we shut him down every game and then he pops in for a game winning goal or some other important goal and then goes back to disappearing.

Take the '09 series for example. I don't remember him being a factor until what, game 6? And didn't he score the game winner in that? Stupid.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#30 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

Kiprusoff and Roloson
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#31 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:36 AM

Probably Claude Lemieux. I mean, I mainly hate him for being such a little turd, but it's pretty annoying that he was a good player and won multiple Cups with 3 different teams, yet he STILL acted like a total goon whenever he got the chance. On the other end of the spectrum, the better Corey Perry gets, the more I like him. I like it when he plays hockey instead of wasting time taunting Datsyuk (and consequently getting a nasty surprise from him, heh).

Also, now that you all mention it, Marian Hossa. That's a pretty cut-and-dried one - I dislike him for no other reason than that he's good, plain and simple. Good call.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#32 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:58 AM

Crosby. The kid is talented, but I hate how we shut him down every game and then he pops in for a game winning goal or some other important goal and then goes back to disappearing.

Take the '09 series for example. I don't remember him being a factor until what, game 6? And didn't he score the game winner in that? Stupid.

Olympic final as well. Completely anonymous all game, fluffs a breakaway with a minute left, then scores the overtime gold-medal winner on a scuffed shot along the ice :ranting:

Every time I see that, all I can think is "why couldn't Lidstrom have scuffed his last second shot in game 7? Because it would have gone in then" :ranting:
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#33 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

I hate Jonathan Ericsson because he is really good at playing hockey.

:hehe:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien