• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
T.Low

Post Lockout; IF Winnipeg and Forida make the playoffs

Rate this topic

Question: IF Winnipeg and Florida make the playoffs this season, (and yes, that's a huge IF) how many teams will have made the playoffs since the lockout?

Answer: 30 teams will have made the playoffs post lockout.

Question II(For extra credit since I gave the you the first answer): In that case, what team(s) will not have made the playoffs since the lockout?

Easy ... the Toronto Maple Laughs.

Technically, it's only the Panthers that need to get in, the Thrashers aka Winnipeg Jets have made it into the playoffs once already.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Why is it "a big IF" in reference to the Panthers? Aren't they 3rd in the East right now?

And yes, the Thrashers got swept out of the first round by the Rangers, I only remember because one of the two Thrashers home games was the first playoff game I ever attended.

No. The answer is 31.

Atlanta made it in, and then got swept by NYR...

? :blink:

Yes, the Atlanta Thashers team has made it in.

Why is it "a big IF" in reference to the Panthers? Aren't they 3rd in the East right now?

And yes, the Thrashers got swept out of the first round by the Rangers, I only remember because one of the two Thrashers home games was the first playoff game I ever attended.

The big IF is in regards to both the Panthers and the Jets making it into the playoffs this season.

And, yes, good for the Thrashers (except for the "swept out of the first round" part).

Easy ... the Toronto Maple Laughs.

Technically, it's only the Panthers that need to get in, the Thrashers aka Winnipeg Jets have made it into the playoffs once already.

So close. Yes, of course, on the Maple Leafs, but technically, no , as a matter of fact, on your 2nd part. Alex Trebek would not allow it. :huh:

Anyone else?

? :blink:

Yes, the Atlanta Thashers team has made it in.

The big IF is in regards to both the Panthers and the Jets making it into the playoffs this season.

And, yes, good for the Thrashers (except for the "swept out of the first round" part).

So close. Yes, of course, on the Maple Leafs, but technically, no , as a matter of fact, on your 2nd part. Alex Trebek would not allow it. :huh:

Anyone else?

Now you're starting to be annoying.

Now you're starting to be annoying.

Tough crowd.

Just trying to have some trivia fun on a day with no game. You know, 30 teams (29 franchises) will have made the playoffs if the Jets and Panthers make it this season, and the Leafs haven't ha ha, you know, and then maybe that could spawn some discussion how Bettman's dream has come true of every frikin team making the playoffs yadda yadda yadda, but alas, my idea and/or presentation is just not that interesting.

Sorry about the typo in the title, I'll think twice about posting in the future.

Enjoy the game tonight.

edit: more typos; I'm a crappy typist.

Edited by T.Low