29 replies to this topic

#21 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

This one is still the funniest by far.

Lol, that's all I think of when I hear his name mentioned and the announcer saying "Barry Melrose after one beer".

#22 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

This one is still the funniest by far.

This is the best one I've ever seen!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#23 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

Based on my own experience I'm aware of how skating can sometimes make your legs do funny things from time to time. However every time I see that clip I can't help but think to myself, 'How the hell does his body even move that way? He was moving forward and yet somehow got knocked backwards?' Maybe I need one of the writers from The Big Bang theory to educate me a little.

#24 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

once a Shark always a Shark :D

It's all part of their training. They really enjoy it too.

Posted Image

Edited by MidMichSteve, 03 March 2012 - 01:04 PM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#25 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

This hilarious moment is from the same game. Quite the funny game I guess.

#26 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

Wideman's is pretty amazing. He didn't just fall down, he managed to knock himself off his feet somehow. It's as if he got checked by a ghost or something.

#27 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

Holy crap, you almost have to feel sorry for him. It's even worse that the Dallas game a few years ago where all he had to do was tap it in for the empty netter and fell down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PiNpdtOJNw

that was bad, but i think stefan's empty net miss was worse.

it was ridiculous, embarrassing, and does not belong in the national hockey league.

:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI0CFWPxdss

This was exactly the game that I was referring to. Let's break it down:

• A) With 10 seconds left, you act non-chalant and think you'll just bury the puck and go back to the bench a hero.
  • B) You f*** up and Patrik Stefam (a nobody from Edmonton) grabs the puck and sends an outlet pass up the ice.
  • C) With 2.2 seconds left on the clock, Alex Hemsky scores to tie the game and send the game into overtime. You are now an official ****** bag.

#28 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

• A) With 10 seconds left, you act non-chalant and think you'll just bury the puck and go back to the bench a hero.
  • B) You f*** up and Patrik Stefam (a nobody from Edmonton) grabs the puck and sends an outlet pass up the ice.
  • C) With 2.2 seconds left on the clock, Alex Hemsky scores to tie the game and send the game into overtime. You are now an official ****** bag.

Oh boy. Stefan was the Stars player who missed the open net...

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#29 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

What, no penalty was called on the Canadiens? When Setoguchi dives, usually there is a penalty called on the other team.

#30 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

Oh boy. Stefan was the Stars player who missed the open net...

He's also the guy who got drafted before the Sedin twins, hehe.