• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#241 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

I love our young players like Helm, Filppulla, Abelkater, Mursak, Smith ... they bring so much energy!

#242 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

I'm feeling good about Smith.

#243 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:48 AM

Holy blowout, Batman. :thumbup:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#244 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:58 AM

I'm feeling good about Smith.

I feeeeel good (duh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh), I knew that I wooould! (I agree, in case you couldn't tell.)

More great teamwork. I mean, you can't get much more of a wide range of offensive contribution than that (unless you got Franzen in there...man, am I on his butt lately), and everybody was on it defensively, too. Granted, Minny didn't put up much of a fight, but this isn't a 3-2 win we're talking about, this was 6-0! Now THAT'S the kind of score I like to see against a struggling team! Especially when we're missing our star forward and d-man. Good stuff.

Yeah, our young guys are doing great - I love having Mursak and Smith with us now, and our regulars always have a ton of heart, especially Helm. You can tell he's trying really hard, and I'm glad it paid off for him tonight.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#245 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

Sorry everyone, I went out last night and got chocolate wasted. Regardless, when I looked at my phone and saw 6-0 I freaked out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Danielsm, 03 March 2012 - 10:16 AM.

#246 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

Sorry everyone, I went out last night and got chocolate wasted. Regardless, when I looked at my phone and saw 6-0 I freaked out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

you and me both brother.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#247 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Brendan Smith's mom is definitely OK in my book. She tried to get a pic of him when he came out after the game as the third star, and it didn't work, and she said, "s***"! What's really funny is she seems to have this little high voice, and I could just HEAR her say it out loud. :lol:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#248 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,872 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I like how the headlines say the Wings ended the home losing skid. I guess after 23 games in a row, two home losses is a "skid." :lol:

#249 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

I realize the lights are about to finally get turned out on this thread but I thought i'd try here first: I can't find a video of the Wings shift where they spent 1:14 in the Minni zone and then scored.

Yes, I searched, but my GoogleFu sucks and I haven't found it. I guess I wouldn't be suprised if it's not up anywhere yet, and it would take up the enitre NHL highlight video of that game so I'm not faulting NHL.com. I want to post it in a hockey thread on another forum I'm on.

Anyone seen a video with a link?

Thanks either way.

#250 winger30

winger30

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

I don't know...Wings are playing good, but Minny does have some key personnel injured. I'd like to see how we do against a full strength team.

lest we forget the wings have a few key injuries of their own liddy and dats and it's a bunch of fill ins that scored in this game really.
Balanced is probably what I am, although that's just a polite way to say that you don't do anything very well.
Steve Yzerman

VK/SM believe!