• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

Burke puts to much pressure on this team with what he says to the media. A team build around Kessel-Phaneuf-Reimer isn't a playoff team, no matter what Burke says.

I believe playing in Toronto is a pressure cooker even without Burke opening his mouth...Up until 6 weeks ago this Leafs team was certainly playoff bound, and I honestly believe they got lackadaisical in their overall approach, and Wilson simply wasn't capable of getting them outta their funk.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Leafs turn it around under Carlyle, and have a strong finish (although I'm not certain they'll finish in the top 8); the hole may be a bit too deep.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#22 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:25 AM

I'll have a hamblacheapee on rye with the sweet potato fries and a Coke.

Thanks, now I'm hungry. Your coke and fries reference made me hungry. It doesnt help I've got the drunk munchies after being out drinking all night :x :P

Posted Image

#23 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:04 AM

It means "don't be afraid to get fired"

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#24 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but Wilson would have been better for that HBO show than Carlyle.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#25 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

Kind of off topic but it has some lawls, the first 5 minutes at least. The last minute is very sad... God bless that family.

#26 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

This was bound to happen the second Carlyle got axed in Anaheim. Will they make the playoffs? I highly doubted ... will they be better next year? Yes they will.

#27 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

Kind of off topic but it has some lawls, the first 5 minutes at least. The last minute is very sad... God bless that family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZkUedDNgcU&feature=g-u&context=G27675abFUAAAAAAAJAA

I watched 2 minutes before I turned off that blubbering idiot.
Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#28 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZkUedDNgcU&feature=g-u&context=G27675abFUAAAAAAAJAA

Grandpa Don is getting a little old...but I think he has a point in the midst of his ranting. Tell me folks, if the Detroit metro area had a junior hockey league (like Toronto's GTHL) with 40,000 players in it, and the Wings never at least tried to get any of those guys (but other teams were loaded with them), we'd probably be a little miffed, yeah? I have no idea how many junior hockey players Ontario has, in total. Obviously a lot.

And yeah, the last minute of that video...wow...thats so unbelievably sad...
IPB Image

#29 arag

arag

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 641 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

Cant belive that guy won the 1996 Canada Cup !
Next coaching job should be bandminton.

#30 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Hanta NO!

Damn it I'm 3 days too late with this one! :D

#31 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,428 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:52 AM

He's one the two rumoured Head Coaching changes that I've always been glad never happened. The other: Barry Melrose.
  • Nev likes this

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#32 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 742 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

Don Cherry's tombstone will read, "...AND ANOTHER THING!" Ron MacLean's will be blank.

With coaches being fired like this it can only be motivational. In soccer over here Chelsea Football Club have just sacked their 5th head coach/manager in 5 years. If the players can play to a certain level but for some reason consistently don't, then you have to look elsewhere for the problem. A coaching change could do that. But I have to say, stick with a coach for a few years at least, let them settle and get a team working rather than jerking the knee.

Also such a sad story at the end of that HNIC vid. For someone so young and small to have battled bravely for so long, only to be taken by sheer chance. So sad.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#33 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

I thought that was one of Dons best ´´rants´´ in a long time, made Burke sound like a douchebag imo but I am from Ontario after all :P I would like to see these two on off the record...

.....Also god bless the little warrior may he be skating circles around everyone wherever he is and his whole family through their crisis
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.