• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Ron Wilson Fired by Maple Leafs

Rate this topic

Kind of off topic but it has some lawls, the first 5 minutes at least. The last minute is very sad... God bless that family.

Grandpa Don is getting a little old...but I think he has a point in the midst of his ranting. Tell me folks, if the Detroit metro area had a junior hockey league (like Toronto's GTHL) with 40,000 players in it, and the Wings never at least tried to get any of those guys (but other teams were loaded with them), we'd probably be a little miffed, yeah? I have no idea how many junior hockey players Ontario has, in total. Obviously a lot.

And yeah, the last minute of that video...wow...thats so unbelievably sad...

Don Cherry's tombstone will read, "...AND ANOTHER THING!" Ron MacLean's will be blank.

With coaches being fired like this it can only be motivational. In soccer over here Chelsea Football Club have just sacked their 5th head coach/manager in 5 years. If the players can play to a certain level but for some reason consistently don't, then you have to look elsewhere for the problem. A coaching change could do that. But I have to say, stick with a coach for a few years at least, let them settle and get a team working rather than jerking the knee.

Also such a sad story at the end of that HNIC vid. For someone so young and small to have battled bravely for so long, only to be taken by sheer chance. So sad.

I thought that was one of Dons best ´´rants´´ in a long time, made Burke sound like a douchebag imo but I am from Ontario after all :P I would like to see these two on off the record...

.....Also god bless the little warrior may he be skating circles around everyone wherever he is and his whole family through their crisis