• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo

Hockey parent uses laser pointer to "blind" opposing goalie

Rate this topic

Some brilliant hockey dad from a girl's HS team in Massachusetts decided to give his daughter's team some help in the third period when the playoff game was tied at 1-1 by shining a laser pointer in the eyes of the opposing goalie. The parent was caught and ejected from the rink, but with her vision still affected, the goalie let in two goals and lost 3-1. The losing team appealed to the state athletic board for a "re-do" of the third period, but were turned down and the results stand.

Nice going... schmuck LINK

Edited by Gizmo

in vancouver... go figure.

Thats a huge laser, wow... If that was me in place of Kipper, I would have dropped to the ice thinking someone was lining me up with their weapon. People can have such idiotic moments.

The losing team appealed to the state athletic board for a "re-do" of the third period, but were turned down and the results stand.

That's a bad decision by the state athletic board, they should re-do the 3rd period. I'd even consider disqualifying the winning team so some other parent doesn't try it.

Edited by Barrie

Agreed, and I am surprised this doesn't happen more often. I hate people.

This is pretty much how I feel about it, before the video was posted above I hadn't recalled an incident like this before in the NHL. I figured the first offender would have been in Philadelphia, but Vancouver doesn't surprise me much either.

If I was the coach of that team, I would have been embarrassed enough over the actions of a parent of my player, I would have forfeited the game. I would have just called the game and gone home, never to have that parent at a game again. The goalie would have got my sincerest apologies and the laser pointer guy would have got a serious ass-whoopin'.

Some brilliant hockey dad from a girl's HS team in Massachusetts decided to give his daughter's team some help in the third period when the playoff game was tied at 1-1 by shining a laser pointer in the eyes of the opposing goalie. The parent was caught and ejected from the rink, but with her vision still affected, the goalie let in two goals and lost 3-1. The losing team appealed to the state athletic board for a "re-do" of the third period, but were turned down and the results stand.

Nice going... schmuck LINK

That's a shame that they won't overturn that.

Absolutely piss poor behavior by that parent obviously.

If you have kids that are serious about playing any sport, they need to learn about winning and losing eventually, but there are hundreds of other parents out there who while they may get carried away rooting for their son or daughter to do well at times (not necessarily a bad thing), are still perfectly capable of letting the games deciding themselves.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

You can cause long term damage to retina depending on the class of laser pointers. I say that warrants a criminal charge.

This is America by God, if we've got problems we litigate...immediately and with extreme prejudice.

Hope the charges screw him over big time.

It also kind of sucks that their league didn't let them redo the period as requested. It was a playoff game! Its not like the team demanded they forfeit or be disqualified, just that the third period be replayed fairly.

Wow, i'm impressed.

A girls high school hockey team in Mass. Not rep, or even house, but high school. That's impressive.

Oh, and shame on the dad. What a crap role model for the kiddo.