• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Bertuzzi game time decision

Rate this topic

DETROIT -- Detroit Red Wings forward Todd Bertuzzi did not skate today and is listed as a game-time decision for Sunday's game against the Chicago Blackhawks at Joe Louis Arena (4 p.m., Fox Sports Detroit).

Bertuzzi left Friday's 6-0 win over Minnesota after the second period with a groin strain.

General manager Ken Holland said he will go to the Grand Rapids Griffins game tonight against the Oklahoma City Barons and recall somebody after the game, just in case Bertuzzi can't play.

Gustav Nyquist has two goals in the second period. Lets get him up here Kenny...

Gustav Nyquist has two goals in the second period. Lets get him up here Kenny...

I'd be excited to see him get called up.

But they've also teased Tatar twice now, haha. He must have the AHL/NHL version of blue balls. They have a chance to tease him for a third time with Bert as a game-time decision.

I'd be excited to see him get called up.

But they've also teased Tatar twice now, haha. He must have the AHL/NHL version of blue balls. They have a chance to tease him for a third time with Bert as a game-time decision.

I agree. I think Nyquist is more deserving right now, but after teasing Tatar not once but twice with call-ups only not to play, I'd like to see him.

According to freepwings on Twitter, they've recalled Chris Conner. :blink:

Is this the guy that makes Huder look like the Big Show?

Why call up a scrub when you can call up Tatar or Nyquist..

I guess they would rather waste his time than a legit prospect incase Bert decides to play.

I guess they would rather waste his time than a legit prospect incase Bert decides to play.

Connor is a decent player, he played a much larger role in pittburgh in the past. Don't see why you think he is the antichrist.

Connor is a decent player, he played a much larger role in pittburgh in the past. Don't see why you think he is the antichrist.

Yeah, Conner is solid, and I didn't mean to imply above that I had any problem with him per se; was just surprised after they've twice tried to give Tatar a look, and now opted for Conner. Thinking about it today, though, I'm wondering if they want to have some extra speed against Chicago. Conner definitely gets on guys fast on the backcheck, and always brings some energy. I've appreciated that much the couple times he's been up.

According to freepwings on Twitter, they've recalled Chris Conner. :blink:

:clap:

It's all about chemistry! Conner-Helm-Cleary! Miller-Abby-Holmstrom(Mursak) Nyquist may be the future, but we need the right now and he probably won't get any playing time up here.

Tatar - Not even a minute played in the NHL this year...

Nyquist - 5 games 0 goals 1 assist

Conner - 7 games 1 goal 2 assists

Scrub? Anyhow, like I said above, it's all about chemistry... Cleary-Helm-Conner is a great combo and Conner fits in the 3rd or 4th line better than Nyquist or Tatar will. They fit better on scoring lines, but will never crack the top 6 right now...

Tatar - Not even a minute played in the NHL this year...

Nyquist - 5 games 0 goals 1 assist

Conner - 7 games 1 goal 2 assists

Scrub? Anyhow, like I said above, it's all about chemistry... Cleary-Helm-Conner is a great combo and Conner fits in the 3rd or 4th line better than Nyquist or Tatar will. They fit better on scoring lines, but will never crack the top 6 right now...

Alright, maybe not a scrub but definitely AHL fodder. I would just rather have someone with a future on the Wings be called up, that is all. Also I think Tatar is gritty enough for the 3rd and 4th line.

?

Connor is a damn good player. He's thrived in large roles and is a burner as well.