• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/4 GDT : Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

What a piss poor ******* performance. Good job boys, had a chance to jump to 1st and put a bit of distance between us and St Louis and failed. Pretty s***ty to have lost the game on that retarded giveaway by Stewie.

the wings dominated the game, but had that one major mistake.

Well I guess we have to relay on Chicago rolling into St.Louis on Tuesday and knocking them off. Which will be tough since the Blues are almost unbeatable at home. Hopefully the Wings can get it together and get a huge win in Philly.

How did they dominate?

Chicago seemed to have countless scoring chances on odd man rushes and outworked the Wings in the 3rd period. The forwards for Detroit didn't show up tonight, outside of Helm's line.

We certainly didn't "dominate" the game. You make it sound like Emery pulled a Giguere on us.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Watching our powerplay is one of the most frustrating things there is. That, and watching half the team float and cough up pucks. Too much ice time for Bertuzzi, Franzen, Cleary, and god bless him, Holmstrom. Can't help injuries, but you can play smarter and harder, for starters.

Bad play by Stuart and blown opportunities were the difference today. Watching it with the 'Hawks awful homers is the icing on the cake...

Edited by b.shanafan14

A lazy and uninspiring effort, especially in the 3rd.

How do you only score one goal against Emery, especially with all those powerplays?

And so much for our home ice dominance. This past week has ended that. This team seems to have burned out from having that streak hanging over them game after game.

I don't know that it was lazy. They were outplaying the Hawks soundly throughout most of the game, but got nothing to show for it. Their PP is definitely uninspired.

And I'm sure being shorthanded on D didn't help. Kronner playing over 27 minutes. White playing more than 26. Quincey with almost 24 mins.

They scored 1 goal. Very rarely are you gonna win like that, they didn't drive the net or get to the hard areas enough. Dominating the game is cool, but this game was critical to get 2 points out of because of how many road games coming up and how close the race is with Vancouver and St Louis. They didn't get two points, and now it's make or break time on the road.

I don't know that it was lazy. They were outplaying the Hawks soundly throughout most of the game, but got nothing to show for it. Their PP is definitely uninspired.

And I'm sure being shorthanded on D didn't help. Kronner playing over 27 minutes. White playing more than 26. Quincey with almost 24 mins.

Once again, I don't remember Chicago being on the ropes in this game. Emery didn't have to stand on his head. That's what I would call outplaying a team soundly and dominating them.

It was a pretty even game, but Chicago seemed to have more odd man rushes and a better 3rd period. I figured the home ice and all the powerplays would eventually help Detroit. It didn't.

Even with our 2 best absent, still far better than CHI today. Still amazed they were able to hold on for this one...

As far as Stwerarts gift wrap pass is concerned, he's saved enough on the line over the last few years to be forgiven!!

Once again, I don't remember Chicago being on the ropes in this game. Emery didn't have to stand on his head. That's what I would call outplaying a team soundly and dominating them.

It was a pretty even game, but Chicago seemed to have more odd man rushes and a better 3rd period. I figured the home ice and all the powerplays would eventually help Detroit. It didn't.

They didn't have them on the ropes, but I think the Wings were dictating play through much of the game. They may not have been lighting Emery up, but they were definitely limiting the scoring chances by the Hawks and rang multiple shots of the posts. That started to fall apart a bit in the third, but I'm sure the shorthanded defense had something to do with that.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Lmao..you make it sound like we just fell out of the playoff race. Did we go from 2nd to 2nd? Am I missing something?

since the wings and blues are tied in points and the blues had one game in hand before the start of this game the red wings are in 2nd.

if the wings had won they wouldve taken 1st overall in the conference/nhl.

if the wings had lost in regulation they would be equal to st louis in games but the blues would be 2nd overall. due to the amount of shootout wins the red wings have over st louis, st louis gets the tiebreaker and now in 2nd, and the wings are in 4th.

i hope that helps. lol

How did they dominate?

Chicago seemed to have countless scoring chances on odd man rushes and outworked the Wings in the 3rd period. The forwards for Detroit didn't show up tonight, outside of Helm's line.

We certainly didn't "dominate" the game. You make it sound like Emery pulled a Giguere on us.

wings hit like 5 posts, we should have had at least 4 goals. The hawks at one point were down 9 to 17 in shots.

They didn't have them on the ropes, but I think the Wings were dictating play through much of the game. They may not have been lighting Emery up, but they were definitely limiting the scoring chances by the Hawks and rang multiple shots of the posts. That started to fall apart a bit in the third, but I'm sure the shorthanded defense had something to do with that.

It's OK, I'm not really all that worried.

Holland will do something at the deadline to fix this. We have plenty of cap space and................ <_<

Lets not forget the 4 goal posts. These injuries are getting f'ing ridiculous - Lids and Pav better be back soon. I missed the start of the game, what happen to Kindl? You guys thinking concussion or a shoulder from a hit or something?

Franzen needs to learn how to pick pucks up off the boards ... how many times rimming pucks hop his sticks on breakouts or opposition clearing attempts is beyond me. Big effort is needed against Philly while we are even more shorthanded.. uggghhhh

Watching Franzen lose physical battles along the boards to guys like Kane and Keith is pretty frustrating. They're great players, but with his size, he should be tougher to handle. Just looks like jelly out there.

"Drug mule."

You can blame your General Manager for losses like today's home loss against a team with a mediocre defense and netminder. Not one forward scored and that's absolutely incredible. And Holland thinks this team is sufficient enough to win the Stanley Cup??? Did absolutely nothing at the trade deadline. The organization should've never-ever let Yzerman go elsewhere 'cause Holland is (obviously) finished. Huge mistake.

Watching Franzen lose physical battles along the boards to guys like Kane and Keith is pretty frustrating. They're great players, but with his size, he should be tougher to handle. Just looks like jelly out there.

Really annoying to watch. He just gives no effort sometimes on the ice, Patrick Kane should not out muscle him for a puck... ever. But then he comes down the ice and lights up Stalberg and leaves you saying "why can't he do that all the time?" I just want to merge him and Helm together.

The worst part about this game? MacDonald getting thrown in after the Howard injury wasn't an issue. The defense played pretty damn good considering they were down a man or two for 90% of the game. The problem was the forward unit that was the same that lit up Minnesota just two days ago.

Too many passengers.

This. Same goes for Cleary. Both used to be tenacious, now they give it one wack and watch.