• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/4 GDT : Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

since the wings and blues are tied in points and the blues had one game in hand before the start of this game the red wings are in 2nd.

if the wings had won they wouldve taken 1st overall in the conference/nhl.

if the wings had lost in regulation they would be equal to st louis in games but the blues would be 2nd overall. due to the amount of shootout wins the red wings have over st louis, st louis gets the tiebreaker and now in 2nd, and the wings are in 4th.

i hope that helps. lol

Oh we are in 4th? 1 pt out of first and 2 pts out of 1st overall? We should probably panic lol

Gems from the Blackhawks' homers:

*Filppula is mugged by Keith and Seabrook* "Slash by Filppula! Team toughness! Keith is not going to take that and they go after Filppula! They'll like that penalty; standing up for one another!"

*Hawks goes to hit Kronwall and gets laid out* "It looks like Kronwall might have gotten his stick up.... No... but he looks to have been on his toes when he hit him... either way, the Hawks player is giving up 25 or 30 lbs" (Either that guy is 165lbs or they think Kronwall is a fairy tale monster after what he did to Havlat)

*Kronwall with a clean hit, Bickel takes a stupid retaliating penalty* "Team toughness! The Hawks will gladly take that penalty! Great to see them standing up for one another! Good penalty to take if you're a Hawk"

And pretty much any time the Hawks jumped someone with 2+ guys, like they did to Holmstrom (shocking, with no call) you hear "team toughness" followed by "those are good penalties" followed by a justification such as "I think Holmstrom broke a stick trying to get the puck off the net which is why the Hawks took exception" which would on the replay be proven false.

And the play-by-play guy wants to badly to be Harry Caray, right down to the half-slurring and the goofy changes in voice inflection like he is reading a Dr. Seuss book to his niece.

You can blame your General Manager for losses like today's home loss against a team with a mediocre defense and netminder. Not one forward scored and that's absolutely incredible. And Holland thinks this team is sufficient enough to win the Stanley Cup??? Did absolutely nothing at the trade deadline. The organization should've never-ever let Yzerman go elsewhere 'cause Holland is (obviously) finished. Huge mistake.

We needed scoring and we didn't get it, it's really that simple. We have 3 forwards we can count on to score. A few more young guys to work their asses off but not necessarily score. Everyone else is a passenger and dead weight. One of those we just gave a raise.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Some of you are making some funny comments. We lost this game, but yet were the better team the majority of the night. We hit 4 posts, and missed 2 or 3 glorious chances that looked like an open net... simply put we had no puck luck tonight! But guess what... in an 82 game season that happens to every team. To top that, we were without Pavel, Nick, Ericsson (not much of a loss, but still)and then tonight lost Kindl and Jimmy! That is a HUGE loss of talent that the Wings had to deal with and, in my opinion, they played the game very well considering.

- Kronners had an outstanding game, and I was very comfortable watching him log huge minutes tonight... this is huge for us knowing we can rely on him when Nick if Nick is hurt for a game

- Smith continues to amaze me more and more... everything he does tells me he deserves to be on this team over Kindl and Ericsson... continue to the great play

- Franzen is so freakin lazy... I was ticked off then, and still am now, that we let Hossa walk to keep lazyboy Franzen

- I thought Fil and Hank tried tonight, but as the game progressed they seemed to look tired

- Helm, Miller, Abs were fantastic

Lastly, I just want to say kudos to the 2 referees tonight, Dan O Halloran and Don Manhaviston (however you say it) who did a wonderful job officiating this game. They let both teams get away with a lot, and called what needed to be called and, more than anything, were CONSISTENT with their calls. Hope to have more officials like this.

Hopefully Nick is back tuesday, go wings!

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Oh we are in 4th? 1 pt out of first and 2 pts out of 1st overall? We should probably panic lol

i wouldnt say necessarily panic.

but it just goes to show you how useless the shootout is and how much i miss ties. dont get me wrong i know the nhl likes the shootout because its "fun" and its an entertaining way to have a clear cut winner. but in all honesty, a tie seems more logical because at the end of it all it states that there was no clear cut winner, and therefore both teams get 1 point because of it.

/rant

tough loss today. hope they bounce back and have a better showing in "the city of brotherly loooooove"

Guest stinky fish taco

can't wait for bertuzzi, hudler, and cleary to be totally ineffective in the playoffs

get ready for bertuzzi one-handing the puck around the net and then giving it away

but wait, here's hudler in the slot with a prime scoring opportunity and he decides to pass it to someone on the boards instead

we're not done yet, cause dan cleary is going to skate the puck just into the attacking zone and then fall down when any player brushes against him on the boards.

why did they not get a shooter again? this team needs someone else that can put the puck in the net.

thank GOD we saved all that cap space, right?

...right?

Gems from the Blackhawks' homers:

*Filppula is mugged by Keith and Seabrook* "Slash by Filppula! Team toughness! Keith is not going to take that and they go after Filppula! They'll like that penalty; standing up for one another!"

*Hawks goes to hit Kronwall and gets laid out* "It looks like Kronwall might have gotten his stick up.... No... but he looks to have been on his toes when he hit him... either way, the Hawks player is giving up 25 or 30 lbs" (Either that guy is 165lbs or they think Kronwall is a fairy tale monster after what he did to Havlat)

*Kronwall with a clean hit, Bickel takes a stupid retaliating penalty* "Team toughness! The Hawks will gladly take that penalty! Great to see them standing up for one another! Good penalty to take if you're a Hawk"

And pretty much any time the Hawks jumped someone with 2+ guys, like they did to Holmstrom (shocking, with no call) you hear "team toughness" followed by "those are good penalties" followed by a justification such as "I think Holmstrom broke a stick trying to get the puck off the net which is why the Hawks took exception" which would on the replay be proven false.

And the play-by-play guy wants to badly to be Harry Caray, right down to the half-slurring and the goofy changes in voice inflection like he is reading a Dr. Seuss book to his niece.

Nobody talks with such a nasally voice intentionally

Have you heard him call the third period the "tird"?

Or "wadduh s-hey-ve!!!!!"

Edited by wingsfan4795

- Kronners had an outstanding game, and I was very comfortable watching him log huge minutes tonight... this is huge for us knowing we can rely on him when Nick if Nick is hurt for a game

- Smith continues to amaze me more and more... everything he does tells me he deserves to be on this team over Kindl and Ericsson... continue to the great play

- Franzen is so freakin lazy... I was ticked off then, and still am now, that we let Hossa walk to keep lazyboy Franzen

- I thought Fil and Hank tried tonight, but as the game progressed they seemed to look tired

- Helm, Miller, Abs were fantastic

Lastly, I just want to say kudos to the 2 referees tonight, Dan O Halloran and Don Manhaviston (however you say it) who did a wonderful job officiating this game. They let both teams get away with a lot, and called what needed to be called and, more than anything, were CONSISTENT with their calls. Hope to have more officials like this.

Hopefully Nick is back tuesday, go wings!

Pretty much all of this. Good to see there wasn't a powerplay every 3 minutes. These games lately have had too little 5-on-5 play and its frustrating and boring to watch (especially given the Wings' special teams woes). Also, Hank and Filppula were the only forwards going outside of the third line. I get exhausted for them seeing how they have to drag Hudler and/or Franzen around all the time. And a tremendous game by Smith.

As I said, its a pretty good indicator when you are short-handed on defense and have an emergency goaltender switch and neither of those are the problem against a poor defensive team. Most of the forward unit are dogging and watching the play, save for a few in Zetterberg, Filppula, Helm, Abdelkader, and Miller.

And that psuedo genius behind the bench certainly doesn't help matters. Certainly not the best motivational coach and very far from an inspirational leader. Totally opposite from Bowman.

His career as an nhl coach is 405-203. He was third fastest to the 400 win mark of any NHL coach. He has a playoff record of 63-39.

In his 8 seasons as an NHL coach, he's gotten his team to the Stanley Cup finals three times, won once. Conference finals once.

can't wait for bertuzzi, hudler, and cleary to be totally ineffective in the playoffs

get ready for bertuzzi one-handing the puck around the net and then giving it away

but wait, here's hudler in the slot with a prime scoring opportunity and he decides to pass it to someone on the boards instead

we're not done yet, cause dan cleary is going to skate the puck just into the attacking zone and then fall down when any player brushes against him on the boards.

why did they not get a shooter again? this team needs someone else that can put the puck in the net.

thank GOD we saved all that cap space, right?

...right?

I strongly feel this post accurately represents my opinions.

Always hate losing to the Hawks. Thought the Wings fought well though. Still bad loss. Rough time for the injury bug to hit. Hope everyone gets healthy for the more important time.

That being said, always some good entertainment to come on LGW and see everyone freaking out. Lot of hockey left this regular season and hopefully into the postseason.

Cheers.

-->insert obligatory post complaining about everything imaginable and how there's no chance we're going to beat team x/y/z in the playoffs<--

Exactly, it seems like people forget that the last time we lost in the first round was in 06' when we lost to the oilers

Watching Franzen lose physical battles along the boards to guys like Kane and Keith is pretty frustrating. They're great players, but with his size, he should be tougher to handle. Just looks like jelly out there.

yeah watching Franzen is ridiculous sometimes a 10 year old girl can knock the puck off his stick

missed the game today, but in reading a few posts it seems Franzen was mostly invisible again in a big game where it would have been nice to see him step it up a notch; sometimes I wish Babcock would call his players out by name when they're doggin' it, he always keeps it real general and vague, always says, "Too many passengers tonight" instead of "Mule was a lazy s***-bag" or "Hudler was a complete waste of space out there" or even "Stuart with another costly turnover"

Watching Franzen lose physical battles along the boards to guys like Kane and Keith is pretty frustrating. They're great players, but with his size, he should be tougher to handle. Just looks like jelly out there.

Gosh, didn't you hear, the lazy ***** gets "BORED" during the regular season. Size means s*** if you don't use it.

I just find it sad that minus 2 of our better players (Datsyuk and Nick), that with all the experience we have on this team...everybody else seems like they don't have the first clue on what to do without them...I mean...really?? Are they that incapable of doing things themselves and stepping up their play? It's bad enough that nobody other than Pavel can bring the puck into the zone on a power play to get things set up.

All the mistakes we saw today are prime examples on why Ken Holland needed to do something to improve this team before the deadline..and in a rare event...he failed us in doing so.